Easy Come Easy Go - Salas To Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Easy Come Easy Go - Salas To Eagles

By now, we should all know that BB will tweak his roster every day of the year if he believes it will give him a chance to put a better 53 on the field. Draft picks, undrafted free agents, trades, free agent signings, waiver claims...how folks get here doesn't matter one bit to him, nor does how much he paid to get them. Concentrating on those matters is for fans and talking heads to get worked up over.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that BB will part with a mistake--even a 1st round pick--when he finds another player--even an undrafted free agent--that can help his squad to win more games. It is what makes him extra special in this league. So many fans spend so much time critiquing unimportant things like "draft prowess" when "winning prowess" is the ONLY thing that matters.

So, if Salas had to go, go. If Branch has to come this week, come. If Branch has to go next week, go. And if Ray Ventrone has to...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fairly sneaky of Reid/Roseman to do that.  I understand it's fair game on the waiver wire, but I am surprised an awful team like that would sort of break the code so late in the year. It was pretty clear BB was looking to develop him. With Vollmer down, Salas was only released to cover the depth on the O Line, likely for 1 game.

Won't go over well.

[/QUOTE]

You're missing what the player wants.  He might be better off somewhere he isn't getting jerked around.  BB took a risk and got burned.  Bad move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fairly sneaky of Reid/Roseman to do that.  I understand it's fair game on the waiver wire, but I am surprised an awful team like that would sort of break the code so late in the year. It was pretty clear BB was looking to develop him. With Vollmer down, Salas was only released to cover the depth on the O Line, likely for 1 game.

Won't go over well.

[/QUOTE]

You're missing what the player wants.  He might be better off somewhere he isn't getting jerked around.  BB took a risk and got burned.  Bad move.

[/QUOTE]

Especially if Edelman is out...   also it seems about time other teams start preying on these cast offs...  pats practice sqaud better than most starters.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Won't go over well.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Him getting claimed has nothing to do with what he wants. He got claimed.  He didn't get burned at all. Expect them to do things like this a lot. It's no different than them claiming Ballard and then stuffing him on IR.

BB is constantly looking for ways to fill the pipeline, which is what you should want as a fan. The point is, the Eagles aren't benefitting from Salas this year and with Reid likely to be fired, it seems more like a Roseman induced move, not a Reid one.   Oh well.

A 7th rd pick isn't a huge loss, dude.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Reid has plenty of influence on roster moves. I doubt they'd have made the decision had Reid not given it his stamp of approval.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

If Branch's hamstring injury is not too serious and can recover enough to play sometimes this season, Salas being claimed off waiver may not hurt too much for the short-term, but the thinning in the WR position needs to be addressed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I for one am glad the eagles got him and not the Just End The Season J.E.T.S.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Won't go over well.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Him getting claimed has nothing to do with what he wants. He got claimed.  He didn't get burned at all. Expect them to do things like this a lot. It's no different than them claiming Ballard and then stuffing him on IR.

BB is constantly looking for ways to fill the pipeline, which is what you should want as a fan. The point is, the Eagles aren't benefitting from Salas this year and with Reid likely to be fired, it seems more like a Roseman induced move, not a Reid one.   Oh well.

A 7th rd pick isn't a huge loss, dude.

[/QUOTE]

It's about whether he could be a contributing player... Why not put him on kick return or kicking game instead of mccourty.

If he lights it up for Philly , it was a bad move.  If they left him on the practice squad it would have made more sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did we give up a 4th rounder for him?? If so, then wow, just wow...total waste of a some what valuable pick.

A couple of things...first off it was only a matter of time before we got bit when we do soemthing like this (the whole release, sign to the practice squad, sign them to the roster, release them, sign them to the practice squad, bring em up, then cut em thing). Secondly, I don't think it matters much in the mind of Belichick, if the kid was any good they would of had him playing when Edelman went down earlier this year, they didn't. It means next to nothing that they were paying him a little extra on the practice squad too, they do that all the time with guys they like and it's not like Kraft or the team is hurting for money. I really doubt we were ever going to see him in the line up this year anyway - Philly will cut him at the end of the season after Reid gets canned and he'll be right back here, where we'll sign him, cut him, sign him, then cut him all over again.

[/QUOTE]

No, Mr. Knee Jerk/Bad Readin Comprehension Man.

lmao

A 7th rounder.  Our friend, Matt, just nicely posted a factual update from today that told us that NE traded a 7th rder to STL for Salas.

Whoops. Looks like you missed a potential opportunity to bash Belichick, huh, HUrlie?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah because that's what I do. I say, wow this guy let's O'Brien and Brady ruin this offense! I tell everyone what coverages would be better suited for our secondary. Then I run around complaining about clock management and when we should of thrown a challenge flag. I spend three years arguing how we should of ran Ben Jarvus Green Ellis more even after Belichick comes out this summer and tells everyone WHY he didn't run him more (yet that still wasn't enough). I cry and act utterly shocked when he didn't sign hall of fame linebacker Matt Roth (remember that 8 month rant?). I bash the shotgun spread and his favorite player on a daily basis.

Oh wait...that's you:)

^there's a smiley face for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

BB has said multiple times that if you put a guy on waivers then you should assume he is gone.  After the Pats acquired Ballard the same way we can hardly blame the Eagles for taking a guy who they can develop.  Waivers is waivers, the rules are the rules. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

What can you do. They tried to keep him stashed on the practice squad in case a WR went down. Feel bad for Salas. He's gone from a contender to a team that's not far from the Jets in the quest to be the biggest joke of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts