Ebner covers the TE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Ebner covers the TE

First or second defensive series you saw Nate Ebner on defense.  While not exactly lighting up the stat sheet ,  He appeared to blanket the TE and cause no catches in a man to man role.

Fast forward to second half...  No Ebner ,  TE olsen making catches and drawing penalties all over the field.

Wondering if anyone knows the defensive package that BB was using with Ebner and why he went away from it in the second half...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Ebner covers the TE

Because our slow LBs can't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I like Ebner. He is a good story, and I hope he'll develop further as a defensive player to solidify his spot on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

I like Ebner. He is a good story, and I hope he'll develop further as a defensive player to solidify his spot on the roster.

agree...  He's get the size and qiuckness to cover TE's...  TE's are burning this defense.  when ebner was in there they were in a man to man scheme , covre 2 perhaps...?  was he the 3rd safety...?  NOt sure since i didn't tape the game. 

Wolud be interesting to look at it , since ebner appeared to shut down the tE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Speaking of safeties, Harmon looks like a player to me. They didn't miss Gregory much.  Of course, the handwringers will say they could have gotten him in the sixth round...whatever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Speaking of safeties, Harmon looks like a player to me. They didn't miss Gregory much.  Of course, the handwringers will say they could have gotten him in the sixth round...whatever.

Tsk, tsk, tsk - please, don't question the nay-sayers.  A postive perspective on a matter to which they are predisposed to negativity causes no small measure of disquietude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

First or second defensive series you saw Nate Ebner on defense.  While not exactly lighting up the stat sheet ,  He appeared to blanket the TE and cause no catches in a man to man role.

Fast forward to second half...  No Ebner ,  TE olsen making catches and drawing penalties all over the field.

Wondering if anyone knows the defensive package that BB was using with Ebner and why he went away from it in the second half...

anyone care to comment on the op question...? Thnx.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Tsk, tsk, tsk - please, don't question the nay-sayers.  A postive perspective on a matter to which they are predisposed to negativity causes no small measure of disquietude.

Yes, you're right.  I shouldn't rain on anyone's pessimism parade.

Pardon me guys, didn't mean anything by it - you're gloom is still welcome here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Part of the challenge that we as fans face in analyzing various aspects of any given NFL game is that most of us don't really know what the game plan, scheme or individual assignments are on any given play.  I think Ebner did a good job.  

I do know that the Pats played a good bit of zone in the 2nd half - that may have had something to do with who was and who was not on the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Note sure what the D packages were but Ebner was playing press coverage on the TE when the TE lined up in a slot position. he was pretty effective as you said. I am surprised they didn't stay with that approach in the  2nd half.

Perhaps Collins and Ebner figure more into the Denver game plan based on match-ups with Thomas the TE and Moreno out of the backfield?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Note sure what the D packages were but Ebner was playing press coverage on the TE when the TE lined up in a slot position. he was pretty effective as you said. I am surprised they didn't stay with that approach in the  2nd half.

Perhaps Collins and Ebner figure more into the Denver game plan based on match-ups with Thomas the TE and Moreno out of the backfield?

good point...  With the attrition going on , its clear that all able bodies need to be thrown into roles that can man up against Denver next week.    I have liked Ebner in this role since he first showed this against Jets against Dustin Keller.   I'm not sure the D package that involves this and who goes off the field but in a passing situation, if you can take the TE safety blanket away,  this can disrupt an offense... imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He looked good. Guy has talent, hope he keeps developing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Agreed, Harmon looks good. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You do notice him.....put him in....put MC back to CB if Talib and Dennard are out. In Russia newborns are thrown into a pool of water and they either sink or swim...and they swim..pretty good too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

good point...  With the attrition going on , its clear that all able bodies need to be thrown into roles that can man up against Denver next week.    I have liked Ebner in this role since he first showed this against Jets against Dustin Keller.   I'm not sure the D package that involves this and who goes off the field but in a passing situation, if you can take the TE safety blanket away,  this can disrupt an offense... imo.

It will be interesting to see how they approach the Broncos next week. Last night Spikes played 45 of 58 snaps. i can't imagine he will be on the field for more than 10% of the snaps against the broncos. They will have to match-up with the 3 WR's & thomas the TE. They will most likely be in sub packages for a vast majority of the game. The question is who is healthy and who do they play in those nickel and dime packages.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Not sure Ebner can cover someone like Thomas at this stage of his development and experience. I'll be surprised and utterly delighted if he could do a credible job. But if the coaches throw him in there for this big challenge, we hope they do not give up on him as a defense development project from what may be a premature experimentation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Pardon me guys, didn't mean anything by it - you're gloom is still welcome here.

Wow so we could be on track to lose maybe 4 or 5 games. My kids never cried this much.  There are other teams to root for. Could be worse. Could be a jest fan where losing is a way of life and you get to go to another teams board 4 or 5 times a year to post crap. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Wow so we could be on track to lose maybe 4 or 5 games. My kids never cried this much.  There are other teams to root for. Could be worse. Could be a jest fan where losing is a way of life and you get to go to another teams board 4 or 5 times a year to post crap. 

Well said Phil.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Because our slow LBs can't.

"OUR"?...Rico/Bustchise, are you still playing "I'm not Bustchise" on these threads?..BWAHAHAHAHA!...you are sooooo not getting away with it Jet Troll....even your past supporters know you are a Jet troll, the ORIGINAL Jet troll...only Babe doesn't get it...and he's a cousin of Howard Stern's late guest from RI, Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf...

Accept the Baby is 90

Sections
Shortcuts