Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....

Could this possible explain the reason for the terrible Officiating? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....

plus the fact he has cheese for brains...yeah I could see it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

or the fact that goodell was in the stands and the refs knew it as a result they over anlyzed things to make sure they didnt miss anything in front of the big cheese.

really tho who cares after the fact we won, no use crying over spilt milk fellas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Hochuli always calls a tough game, and they knew it. It certainly wasn't as bad as some games I've seen against the Colts. The only real beef I had with it was the two non-calls on the Packers. The PI missed in the end zone, and the illegal hands to the face. That should have been offsetting, as you could clearly see they both had each other's masks at the same time. That would have made them replay 3rd down and not given the Packers a fresh set. Though it would have still nullified Merriweather's INT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....:
    [QUOTE]or the fact that goodell was in the stands and the refs knew it as a result they over anlyzed things to make sure they didnt miss anything in front of the big cheese. really tho who cares after the fact we won, no use crying over spilt milk fellas.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Actually I do care, what it Green Bay gets hot and meets us in the superbowl and Ed Hochuli unit is assigned for the game. Wouldn't that stink. Maybe you should think twice about the consequences here before you speak and tell me I'm crying about something. If this happens this year or in up coming years it could cost us or someone a championship. Maybe you should take your milk and splash it in your face to wake you up. I'm not complaining about the win I'm mad about Ed hochuli trying to cause an outcome for this game because hes a Packers fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Its fine with me that people say we shouldn't complain about calls. Im usually one of them! I can deal with the calls last night but I'm just pointing out the obvious that Ed Hochuli is a Packers fan. I'm just saying that it could cost us or someone else in the future if Hochuli is refing the Packers. I understand that refs have bad games but the guy if from Wisconsin and it could have cost us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Actually I do care, what it Green Bay gets hot and meets us in the superbowl and Ed Hochuli unit is assigned for the game. Wouldn't that stink. Maybe you should think twice about the consequences here before you speak and tell me I'm crying about something. If this happens this year or in up coming years it could cost us or someone a championship. Maybe you should take your milk and splash it in your face to wake you up. I'm not complaining about the win I'm mad about Ed hochuli trying to cause an outcome for this game because hes a Packers fan.
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Hey! Here's a thoguht.... WHAT IF THE PATS DIDN'T DO STUPID STUFF THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE FLAGGED?

Now, I know that this idea flies in the face of your deeply thought out conspititorial theories..........

What are your thoughts on teh Grassy Knoll?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

All of the above are excellent points. One other issue that really concerns me is that no attention is paid to the actions of the player being blocked/tackled on all of these PF penalties for helmet-to-helmet contact. Oft times, including the one called against the Pats last night, the defender attacks with his shoulder (which, by the way, REQUIRES the head to be lowered). Then, at the point of contact, the opposing player drops HIS helmet, which frequently CREATES the helmet-to-helmet contact. The initial player has no control over that. In fairness to the opposing player (specifically on offense), they are taught to get low to drive for additional yardage. I just think that this needs to be considered when reviewing the play. WHO actually is the last player to create the helmet-to-helmet contact? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Quit crying about the penalties..  they are now a thing of the past.  Look forward and enjoy this ride.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Hey! Here's a thoguht.... WHAT IF THE PATS DIDN'T DO STUPID STUFF THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE FLAGGED? Now, I know that this idea flies in the face of your deeply thought out conspititorial theories.......... What are your thoughts on teh Grassy Knoll?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I agree that they did do some stupid things to get flagged but my argument was the Hochuli is a Packers fan and that maybe a few calls were wrong. But I mean good job with the reading and writing and learning how to argue something that I'm not even talking about. Let me clear this up for you...... 

Should a ref be able to to officiate a team he is a fan of?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]Quit crying about the penalties..  they are now a thing of the past.  Look forward and enjoy this ride.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Once again I'm not complaining about penalties, but a situation that we were put in!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Once again I'm not complaining about penalties, but a situation that we were put in!!!

Ok, go ahead and rant against the "stupid" penalties the Pats had.  I really do not think there were any much undeserved.  It just seems they all happened at the best time for Green Bay, didn't they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Ok, go ahead and rant against the "stupid" penalties the Pats had.  I really do not think there were any much undeserved.  It just seems they all happened at the best time for Green Bay, didn't they?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

You do realize that your reading and comprehending ability is just god awful. I have said nothing about any one particular call or calls. I clearly stated before that I'm asking if a ref should be able to officiate a team he is a fan of?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]All of the above are excellent points. One other issue that really concerns me is that no attention is paid to the actions of the player being blocked/tackled on all of these PF penalties for helmet-to-helmet contact. Oft times, including the one called against the Pats last night, the defender attacks with his shoulder (which, by the way, REQUIRES the head to be lowered). Then, at the point of contact, the opposing player drops HIS helmet, which frequently CREATES the helmet-to-helmet contact. The initial player has no control over that. In fairness to the opposing player (specifically on offense), they are taught to get low to drive for additional yardage. I just think that this needs to be considered when reviewing the play. WHO actually is the last player to create the helmet-to-helmet contact? 
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

That's what makes this whole helmet-to-helmet thing ridiculous. Its usually very clear when a guy launches himself ao as to use his head as a battering ram; what used to be known as spearing. BUT, calling a foul when there is incidental helmet contact at the time of the tackle is ridiculous.

Clearly yesterday McCourty was not attempting a spear, he was trying to make a shoulder tackle. The movement of two bodies in motion between the time the defender dives into his tackle and contact caused a glancing helmet-to-helmet blow.

No doubt the foul was called only because azz hole was in the stands but the rule as enforced is arbitrary and penalizes a defender who has no intent to spear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]All of the above are excellent points. One other issue that really concerns me is that no attention is paid to the actions of the player being blocked/tackled on all of these PF penalties for helmet-to-helmet contact. Oft times, including the one called against the Pats last night, the defender attacks with his shoulder (which, by the way, REQUIRES the head to be lowered). Then, at the point of contact, the opposing player drops HIS helmet, which frequently CREATES the helmet-to-helmet contact. The initial player has no control over that. In fairness to the opposing player (specifically on offense), they are taught to get low to drive for additional yardage. I just think that this needs to be considered when reviewing the play. WHO actually is the last player to create the helmet-to-helmet contact? 

I believe that key determining factor in these hits is the "defenslessness" of the receiver. He catches the ball, he's in process of establishing a catch, the laws of physics DEMAND that he will be coming "down" with the ball before he can make another football "move", and here comes a helmet in his upper torso/head area. Yet, we all expect the dumb defensive players to not know or understand that whatever goes up MUST and WILL come down? Why is it that they don't go for the ball when making a hit? I was coached, as well as my son, to drive through the midsection of the receiver (you know, where the diaphram is?), HEADS UP AND LOOKING while doing so. Shoulder in the gut, knock the wind out of him, possible cause a drop, and (here's a big surprise) not going anywhere near the receiver's upper torso/head area. Time to be totally honest here..... would you be whining about that hit aznd the ensuing call, if it was Branch or Welker on the receiving end of it?

Football tackling is very much like a basic baseball principle: You can't hit it if you can't see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : I believe that key determining factor in these hits is the "defenslessness" of the receiver. He catches the ball, he's in process of establishing a catch, the laws of physics DEMAND that he will be coming "down" with the ball before he can make another football "move", and here comes a helmet in his upper torso/head area. Yet, we all expect the dumb defensive players to not know or understand that whatever goes up MUST and WILL come down? Why is it that they don't go for the ball when making a hit? I was coached, as well as my son, to drive through the midsection of the receiver (you know, where the diaphram is?), HEADS UP AND LOOKING while doing so. Shoulder in the gut, knock the wind out of him, possible cause a drop, and (here's a big surprise) not going anywhere near the receiver's upper torso/head area. Time to be totally honest here..... would you be whining about that hit aznd the ensuing call, if it was Branch or Welker on the receiving end of it? Football tackling is very much like a basic baseball principle: You can't hit it if you can't see it.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Wrong again.....
    The arguement by most fans on here is that the flag came after the replay. The officiating unit circled up, watched the replay then threw the flag. Which is illegal! Who cares what you or your son was taught, this may be news to you but people learn how to play football differently and while i was playing in college I am told to make hit on a player while he's in the air so he looses the ball. hmm thats just what McCourty did. Who cares who taught who, the thing to be arguing is the officiating threw the flag illegally.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well I don't care about the bias that Hockuli displayed. That 30 second after the play is over penalty was absurd. If you had really deemed the play as a foul you should have thrown the flag immediately and not after 30 seconds of listening to the offensive player from the GB Packers claim there was a foul. Hockuli you stink!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Actually I do care, what it Green Bay gets hot and meets us in the superbowl and Ed Hochuli unit is assigned for the game. Wouldn't that stink. Maybe you should think twice about the consequences here before you speak and tell me I'm crying about something. If this happens this year or in up coming years it could cost us or someone a championship. Maybe you should take your milk and splash it in your face to wake you up. I'm not complaining about the win I'm mad about Ed hochuli trying to cause an outcome for this game because hes a Packers fan.
    No one knows who he's a fan of and if the league knew he was from Wisconsin maybe the Pat's coaching staff should have had some input on that officiating crew. And being a Mainer, these posters still think you have no running water there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

This post is old hat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : I agree that they did do some stupid things to get flagged but my argument was the Hochuli is a Packers fan and that maybe a few calls were wrong. But I mean good job with the reading and writing and learning how to argue something that I'm not even talking about. Let me clear this up for you......  Should a ref be able to to officiate a team he is a fan of?
    I'll ask you one more time. How do you know that he is a Packers' fan besides the fact that he's from Wisconsin? I'm from N.E. and I'm a Giants fan. NY is NOT in N.E.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm a little more concerned with the fact that Hochuli either doesn't know the rules, or chooses to ignore them when it suits his purposes, than the possibility that he might be a Packers fan.

I will be interested to see if we hear anything from the league about this business of throwing retroactive flags.

My guess is that we won't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : You do realize that your reading and comprehending ability is just god awful. I have said nothing about any one particular call or calls. I clearly stated before that I'm asking if a ref should be able to officiate a team he is a fan of?
    That horse is dead. Stop beating it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : I believe that key determining factor in these hits is the "defenslessness" of the receiver. He catches the ball, he's in process of establishing a catch, the laws of physics DEMAND that he will be coming "down" with the ball before he can make another football "move", and here comes a helmet in his upper torso/head area. Yet, we all expect the dumb defensive players to not know or understand that whatever goes up MUST and WILL come down? Why is it that they don't go for the ball when making a hit? I was coached, as well as my son, to drive through the midsection of the receiver (you know, where the diaphram is?), HEADS UP AND LOOKING while doing so. Shoulder in the gut, knock the wind out of him, possible cause a drop, and (here's a big surprise) not going anywhere near the receiver's upper torso/head area. Time to be totally honest here..... would you be whining about that hit aznd the ensuing call, if it was Branch or Welker on the receiving end of it? Football tackling is very much like a basic baseball principle: You can't hit it if you can't see it.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]
    Excellent. That's the way we coach it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Wrong again..... The arguement by most fans on here is that the flag came after the replay. The officiating unit circled up, watched the replay then threw the flag. Which is illegal! Who cares what you or your son was taught, this may be news to you but people learn how to play football differently and while i was playing in college I am told to make hit on a player while he's in the air so he looses the ball. hmm thats just what McCourty did. Who cares who taught who, the thing to be arguing is the officiating threw the flag illegally.
    Which NFL by rules says that that is illegal? I need facts. Curious minds want to know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Wrong again..... The arguement by most fans on here is that the flag came after the replay. The officiating unit circled up, watched the replay then threw the flag. Which is illegal! Who cares what you or your son was taught, this may be news to you but people learn how to play football differently and while i was playing in college I am told to make hit on a player while he's in the air so he looses the ball. hmm thats just what McCourty did. Who cares who taught who, the thing to be arguing is the officiating threw the flag illegally.

I know it's co9ld Down East, but let's get that brain cell of yours warmed up a little. No one said you can't hit a WR while he's in the air, you fool. Try reading for comprehension. Fact: the WR WILL be coming down  Fact: The defender needs to SEE where he's going to be able to make the hit  Fact: (and PLEASE try to convince me otherwise), you DO NOT have to make a hit in the upper torso/head are to knock the ball loose and RISK having a call or a two days later fine. In a close game you DO NOT put yourself or your in a position to be on the losing end of a call. You play with fire, you WILL eventually get burned.

PLEASE MAKE THIS FOOLISH ATTEMPT!

One more time, and please try to comprehend this, if McCourty doesn't head hunt, there is no call. A good hit to the midsection (he hit the WR dead on straight) or the ball would probably do the same thing.

As for the "legality" of making the call, I'm sure that if it was illegal, we'd be hearing all about it this morning, from the Patriots, the "experts" or especially from the league defending the call (or, surprisingly, denouncing the call). None, zero, zip, nada.....  How many times have we had penalties but no fines, or fines with no penalties this season alone? Which is the truth to what happened?

Sorry to hear about your inability to understand, but I played LB, and made tons of good/solid hits (loved receivers going across the middle, outstretched, catching the ball), causing many dropped balls, and NEVER going near an opponent's upper torso or head. It was, "Hello, #88; meet #59's shoulder being driven into your gut! Try to take a breath and have a good day! See ya next possession, when we can do this all over again!" When you can't breathe, it's kind of difficult to function. It CAN be done. I've seen it being done; I've done it. It's not a highlight reel spectacular hit, but it's just as effective. Give me the result over the highlight, especially when it can avoid a possiblte 15 yard penalty. (Before you gloat about your All American status playing for North Central Southwestern Mideast State Community College and Drinkin' Emporium, my football career ended the next spring when my right knee was blown out while playing first base... I came out 2nd in a head-to-head meeting with a low fence.... all ligiments torn, cartiledge torn from my femur, and that was well before this fairly recent re-constructive surgery was in vogue. I was done as an athlete.)

All this whining about the calls in last night game brings me back to a certain game in January, 2002, at home, vs the Raid-uhs, in the snow... I believe it was called The Tuck Rule. Questionable, controversial, and it took some time to sort it out on the field. As a Pats fan, it HAD to be the correct ruling, 'cuz it was in our favor, right? Ever since them, Raid-uh fans STILL whine and howl about it (look at Woodson last week!). Are Pats fans becoming like that, only the Pats are winning?  

No go back to trying to stay warm, or chucking wood, or whateverrthehelkl you do in main.