Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....

I've been a Pats fan for probably longer than most on this forum and I'm tired of hearing about conspiracies etc, just as much as I'm tired of hearing the out of town fans complaining about Spygate a few years later. There is no conspiracy and never was. The ref in question may from Wisconsin,but that doesn't mean that he's calling the game against the Pats. All refs make bad calls. I'm sure if we were on the other side of the aisle we'd find problems with the officiating and thinking the league is favoring the Pats.

There were a few questionable calls, especially the helmet to helmet shouldn't have been called or adouble penalty nullifying each other could have been called, and the helmet hit was also a poor call especially if the Refs throw a very late flag, but again conspiracy theories are bogus. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Once again I'm not complaining about penalties, but a situation that we were put in!!!
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

sorry maine i didn't realize you were on the field last night. if i had known you were an actual patriots player i would have taken your post more seriously...

whats that? your not a patriots player? by "we" you mean the postion of a fan? in that case to quote ocho Child please.

there were 2 really bad calls last night, the non-call on the hold in the endzone and the Mccourty hit. If you really think green bay is going to get past Matty Ice and the falcons you are out of your mind. Stop worrying about the Refs and start worrying about this the Pats can Infulence. better defensive effort, less running into your own team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

PSST!  Come closer and listen carefully.......

Rumor has it that the back judge can actually spell Massichew, er, Massahchu, er, BAY STATE. AND, the Patriots WON! Coincidence or conspiracy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Which NFL by rules says that that is illegal? I need facts. Curious minds want to know.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

Hope you're not holding your breath on this request. Whining knows no facts.
    Thanks for the kind words on coaching tackling techniques. It sure worked a few hundred years ago for me; no reason it doesn't/can't work today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I know that most of the time last night the Pats got hosed on the calls but did anyone else notice the blatant no-call on Sammmy Morris when he threw a block in the back right in front of the ref at about the 10 yard line on Connolly's long kickoff return? That crew was just awful all the way around!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Hope you're not holding your breath on this request. Whining knows no facts. Thanks for the kind words on coaching tackling techniques. It sure worked a few hundred years ago for me; no reason it doesn't/can't work today.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Strange huh??? Because I don't sit on my computer all day and talk about my glory days but understanding that you CAN NOT comprehend anything that i write is really hard for you. I stand very corrected about Hochuli being a Packers fan I just assumed( I know what happens when you assume), but I never once complained about a call or how to make a tackle. I'm just saying people play the games differently and I could care less how you or your 8 year old son is taught to play football. Congrats #59 for still trying to live his glory days AZPAT, do you still wear your high school jersey too?? How many times do I have to tell you I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT MCCOURTY TACKLING BUT THE FACT THAT THE REF ILLEGALLY LOOKED AT THE JUMBO-TRON TO MAKE THE CALL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : sorry maine i didn't realize you were on the field last night. if i had known you were an actual patriots player i would have taken your post more seriously... whats that? your not a patriots player? by "we" you mean the postion of a fan? in that case to quote ocho Child please. there were 2 really bad calls last night, the non-call on the hold in the endzone and the Mccourty hit. If you really think green bay is going to get past Matty Ice and the falcons you are out of your mind. Stop worrying about the Refs and start worrying about this the Pats can Infulence. better defensive effort, less running into your own team.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Let me quote you 'See, flynn looked great, but i think thats mostly due to the lack of information teams have on him. if he had started the entire season i have no doubt we would have wrecked the packers" 
    That "WE" would have wrecked the Packers as in you being on the field. Weird how you come to judge me, when you now look like an absolute moron in front of everyone. And yes i meant us as fans. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : That horse is dead. Stop beating it.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected and take it like a man!!!!! So now let me ask, should a ref be able to ref their favorite team? Just that question and nothing to do with Hochuli. Sorry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shadowmocha. Show shadowmocha's posts

The bottom line is the game was not called fair.For the people saying don't cry about the calls.So we are supposed to keep are mouth shut and let it happen over and over.please give me a brake.Let the game be called fair.That is the way it is supposed to be i thought anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I clearly stated before that I'm asking if a ref should be able to officiate a team he is a fan of?"

The problem with what you are saying is that it's very hard to enforce. What does fan mean? How do we know if someone is a fan of one team or another? Certainly not being from a home state, that's hardly enough proof.

Aren't you opening a pretty big can of worms here? 

For example, what if a ref is not a fan of a team but absolutely hates a team? Should a ref be able to ref a game with a team he hates in it? And how do you prove that he hates the team?And what if he doesn't hate the team but hates a quarterback or a coach? 

Yup, huge can of worms that you did not think through.  

The answer to your question is to not prevent refs from officiating based on subjective criteria, but to periodically review them if they make bad calls. You'll recall not long ago Hochuli was not allowed to ref something in the postseason, because of a bad call he had made. 

so the solution is to not worry about bias, but monitor when it shows up in bad calls and deal with it accordingly. 

That's far more objective than what you are talking about. 

Alternately, if he is using replay monitors to make calls, and that can be proven, then that's another reason to ban him from the postseason. So the solution is right there for you if you can see you way to it. 

One thing I am confused about is why you are stressing out about Green Bay, a team that is dangerous but clearly on the outside looking in, a team not even likely to make the playoffs, a team we would only see if they defied the odds and made the playoffs and then we both made the super bowl. 

If you want to worry yourself about something, and it seems you do, why not worry about the Colts? Right now if they hold serve we'll see them in the second round, and we all know about the favorable calls the Colts have been known to receive. If you want to worry about something, that's far more realistic. Worry away!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

WEAK thread.

Conspiracies are for casual fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Let me quote you ' See, flynn looked great, but i think thats mostly due to the lack of information teams have on him. if he had started the entire season i have no doubt we would have wrecked the packers"  That "WE" would have wrecked the Packers as in you being on the field. Weird how you come to judge me, when you now look like an absolute moron in front of everyone. And yes i meant us as fans. 

i'm pretty sure everyone here knows by now that I am Tom Brady. When I say "We" I am referring to myself and my team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Strange huh??? Because I don't sit on my computer all day and talk about my glory days but understanding that you CAN NOT comprehend anything that i write is really hard for you. I stand very corrected about Hochuli being a Packers fan I just assumed( I know what happens when you assume), but I never once complained about a call or how to make a tackle. I'm just saying people play the games differently and I could care less how you or your 8 year old son is taught to play football. Congrats #59 for still trying to live his glory days AZPAT, do you still wear your high school jersey too?? How many times do I have to tell you I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT MCCOURTY TACKLING BUT THE FACT THAT THE REF ILLEGALLY LOOKED AT THE JUMBO-TRON TO MAKE THE CALL.

Your opinion is like your allegation: baseless and without any facts to support it. It sure is funny how you casually opt (that means "choose"; go ask Mommy) to ignore facts: 1) How the Pats put themselves into penalties via (that means "by way of": if Mommy's busy, ask the milkman, but AFTER he ties Bossy to the tree) stupid play PUTTING themselves in harms way of a judgement call. I'll make this simpole for you: if you put your hands in/near the face of an opponent, you will probably get a penalty called on you. If you don't, they cannot call one on you. Isn't this nice?)  2) SNAZZYP asked you to provide the NFL bylaw/rule that clearly says that the refs can't call a penalty well after the play is over. (If it wasn't for the Great Northern Crickets, the silence would be deafening.)  3) All you have is a childish whine about Hochuli HAVING to be a Packer fan just because he lives in Wisconsin (Something that you cannot even begin to prove to be true. But that's OK... your whine screams for itself.) Oh My God! Would you still be whining if his favorote color combination was silver and blue? Professed himself to be an American PATRIOT? Enjoys traveling to New England for fall colors or summer beach visits on the Cape? Likes to visit the (GASP! SAY IT ISN"T SO!) the rock bound coast of Maine slurping the guts out of fresh "lobstah"? Boston Creme Pie is his favorite desert?

You offer nothing but a thumb sucking, foot stamping, pouting unbased/unfounded (if the milkman is busy, go ask the mailman), dumber than a 5th graded allegation. Somehow I'd like to believe that folks Down East have more sense than that. Guess I was wrong.

Now, for some personal information;

1) My son you "opine" (If you need to, seperate the milkman from Mommy long enough to ask) is 26. He played left guard, and joined the Marines when he graduated, thank yiou very much.

2) I don't wear my high school shirt after I left high school. You see, that phase of my life ended when I graduated.

3) I have a good grip on what matters in life. You ought to know: Control the things I can control, don't bother with the stuff I can't, have the intelligence to know the difference, and stay objective about life.

So, go back to your Crayola 64 box, get them good and sharp,  and get ready for this week's game and all those manifest officiating conspiracies, just because the ref had ever visited Niagara Falls, or enjoys Buffalo Wings (sorry, Maine; they DO NOT come from real buffalo, so stop looking for flying buffalo or unicorns), or has ever hummed/sung "New York! New York!".

Next thing you'd mandate that ALL NFL game officials cannot be legal residents of the USA, and MUST come from the Caribbean....

Oh, no! With off shore betting, it's OBVIOUS that they would have more than a personal interest in controlling who won and by how much, so THAT idea's out of the question.

Please try to have a better day today..... ay-yuh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : Your opinion is like your allegation: baseless and without any facts to support it. It sure is funny how you casually opt (that means "choose"; go ask Mommy) to ignore facts: 1) How the Pats put themselves into penalties via (that means "by way of": if Mommy's busy, ask the milkman, but AFTER he ties Bossy to the tree) stupid play PUTTING themselves in harms way of a judgement call. I'll make this simpole for you: if you put your hands in/near the face of an opponent, you will probably get a penalty called on you. If you don't, they cannot call one on you. Isn't this nice?)  2) SNAZZYP asked you to provide the NFL bylaw/rule that clearly says that the refs can't call a penalty well after the play is over. (If it wasn't for the Great Northern Crickets, the silence would be deafening.)  3) All you have is a childish whine about Hochuli HAVING to be a Packer fan just because he lives in Wisconsin (Something that you cannot even begin to prove to be true. But that's OK... your whine screams for itself.) Oh My God! Would you still be whining if his favorote color combination was silver and blue? Professed himself to be an American PATRIOT? Enjoys traveling to New England for fall colors or summer beach visits on the Cape? Likes to visit the (GASP! SAY IT ISN"T SO!) the rock bound coast of Maine slurping the guts out of fresh "lobstah"? Boston Creme Pie is his favorite desert? You offer nothing but a thumb sucking, foot stamping, pouting unbased/unfounded (if the milkman is busy, go ask the mailman), dumber than a 5th graded allegation. Somehow I'd like to believe that folks Down East have more sense than that. Guess I was wrong. Now, for some personal information; 1) My son you "opine" (If you need to, seperate the milkman from Mommy long enough to ask) is 26. He played left guard, and joined the Marines when he graduated, thank yiou very much. 2) I don't wear my high school shirt after I left high school. You see, that phase of my life ended when I graduated. 3) I have a good grip on what matters in life. You ought to know: Control the things I can control, don't bother with the stuff I can't, have the intelligence to know the difference, and stay objective about life. So, go back to your Crayola 64 box, get them good and sharp,  and get ready for this week's game and all those manifest officiating conspiracies, just because the ref had ever visited Niagara Falls, or enjoys Buffalo Wings (sorry, Maine; they DO NOT come from real buffalo, so stop looking for flying buffalo or unicorns), or has ever hummed/sung "New York! New York!". Next thing you'd mandate that ALL NFL game officials cannot be legal residents of the USA, and MUST come from the Caribbean.... Oh, no! With off shore betting, it's OBVIOUS that they would have more than a personal interest in controlling who won and by how much, so THAT idea's out of the question. Please try to have a better day today..... ay-yuh!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

You really do have an amazing grip on life!!! Arguing with a 20 year old on boston.com. Good for you old man I hope I have a life like you......NOT

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli From Wisconsin..... : You really do have an amazing grip on life!!! Arguing with a 20 year old on boston.com. Good for you old man I hope I have a life like you......NOT

Glad I could, once again, put a 20 yeard old "Know Nothing By Whining" back in his place.

Anything else I can do to, er, FOR you, Sparky?

Stay warm, now! Don't stick your tongue to the flag pole. I know you may have seen this in a movie or two, but knowing your intellect lever, I'm not too sure you wouldn't want to try it anyway. PLus, it just doesn't work the same when you try it with the outhouse door.

ADIOS! (A little Spanish lingo there for ya.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] I'm pretty sure everyone here knows by now that I am Tom Brady. When I say "We" I am referring to myself and my team.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]
    Hey Tom! Good game last Sunday!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Thanks man I appreciate it. Giselle says hello

Sections
Shortcuts