Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?:
    [QUOTE]If the Interception was not called back....or the roughness from McCourty was not called then the game would have been over long before the last play.   Its funny both of them calls let green back have a chance and we all can admit that McCourty did his best to make it a clean hit and that on the Interception it was an offsense hold in the 1st place.
    Posted by RANDIBUS81[/QUOTE]
    And if I had 2 more numbers last week, I would have won the Power Ball. You won the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

McCourty's hit was a clean hit. He tried his best to lead with his shoulde and went out of his way to get his head turned away from contact. That's how they should teach players to hit.

The other disgusting one was Sanders PI. He was in the 5 yard allowance to make contact and didn't grab the back of the jersey like Collinsworth was saying (Did you happen to notice after his comment they didn't show a replay from another angle?). Yet another late flag that came in for no reason keeping the drive alive leading to a TD instead of a FG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, if true, that is really upsetting. Funny, as I was watching the replay of the McCourty hit, there was basically NO OTHER WAY McCourty could have made that hit clean. He had already commitred his motion toward the receiver, and the receiver's body was descending towards him. That hit should be in the NFL textbook on how to hit someone LEGALLY.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

And that's the doube standard. Offensive players dip their heads into defenders all the time. Then if the defender happens ot touch helmets it's penalized on the defensive player. 

Why is it excused for the offensive players?

And why is ignored that if a defender set himself and the offensive player THEN lwoer  his body or dips his head such that his head hits the defender's helmet .... that it's the OFFENSIVE player's fault that it happened.  

I'm sick of seeing defenders lineup for tackles then have the offensive player lower their body or helmet causing a helmet to helmet contact. That play on Todd Heap a while back was ap rime example of that. Heap jumped up in the air then hunched his back down as he came down so that his head dropped a good 2 feet.  There was helmet to helmet contact because of that and the defender was eventualyl fined even though Heap initiated it.

Do we need some defensive suptstars to get hurt before the NFL starts flagging offensive players for it ? Or will the NFL even care then if it makes teams score even more?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

And while we are on the subject of bad officiating....  that no-call on the punt fair-catch where the Packers player collided with our returner was just plain ridiculous.

I've been saying all year that the NFL needs to start enforcing the rule on not interfering with fair catches. Punt coverage teams have been running straight at the punt returners all year because they don't feer getting a penalty for interference. In one case earlier in the year I believe Edelman actualyl got TACKLED by the coverage guy after calling a fair catch and still didn't get a penalty.    I believe it's because the NFL wants to ahve more turnovers caused and more highlights.

In last night's game they cited that the coverage guy was blocked into the returner. WRONG.  The coverage guy was running directly AT the returner and didn't attempt to change course until he was 5 feet from the returner, then ran directly into the Pats player to his right. The Pats player on his right stood his ground and the Packers player continued on course right into the returner.   The Pats player did not alter the course of the Packer he simply maintained his own position.  That should be a clear penalty.

If officials did their job all seasons, then what SHOULD have happened is the Packers player should have been at least a tiny bit tentative of the Pat returner calling a fair catch and then veered off when it was called. Instead he ran full steam with his head down expecting even if he ran into the returner he  still wouldn't be flagged.

This has happened in nearly every game I've watched this year and I'm personally sick of it. We have personal fouls for people blowing on wide receivers  who are 'defenseless'  to encourage offense .... but the NFL lets coverage teams annihilate punt returners.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

And for a third instance of poor officiating...

The illegal hands calls on Tully Banta-Cain.   In REALITY, the Green Bay player used his hands illegally on Tully. The Green Bay lineman had both hands wrapped AROUND Tully's head because he couldn't block him legally.... then when Tully almost wriggled free , the lineman GRABBED Tull's face mask and twisted his head with that.

I found it f***in hilarious that the announcers made it ap oint to call Tully dumb for commiting a penalty in front of an officialy when in REALITY the replays clearly showed the lineman doing it to Tully.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I saw the same thing , over and over again.   I know there are some games where there are some bad calls, but ussually this year the officials have been consistant.  This game is the the first Pats game where I saw that the zebras tried their best to hand the game to the opposing team
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]
    I hate to disagree, but those were legitimate calls. Think about how bad I feel about giving up 28 points to the Eagles yesterday. I make no excuses. You won the game and there isn't any conspiracy theory or you wouldn't be 12-2. Take the win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I'll take the win, but there were a ton of no-calls when it was obvious that the GB o-line was holding.  This happened many times, go take a look at the replay ofthe game,

I am the first to admit bad calls or good calls, but really, it was a poorly officiated game.  

No excuses attempting to made on my part, yes the Pats played poorly, yes GB played extremely well, and yes, the officiating really was awful...

SO I guess we'll have to agree on disagreeing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, if true, that is really upsetting. Funny, as I was watching the replay of the McCourty hit, there was basically NO OTHER WAY McCourty could have made that hit clean. He had already commitred his motion toward the receiver, and the receiver's body was descending towards him. That hit should be in the NFL textbook on how to hit someone LEGALLY.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

How is Sanders's hit on Ward clean and that one not clean from McCourty?

McCourty led with his shoulder with a textbook hit. Of course, the helmets will eventually make contact.  That's why they wear helmets!

Unreal.

That was clearly thrown to appease Goodell.

Again, disturbing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I hate to disagree, but those were legitimate calls. Think about how bad I feel about giving up 28 points to the Eagles yesterday. I make no excuses. You won the game and there isn't any conspiracy theory or you wouldn't be 12-2. Take the win.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

Pipe down, dork.  Why are you even here?

A bad call or a series of bad calls that favor one team is still a series of one way calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I saw the same thing , over and over again.   I know there are some games where there are some bad calls, but ussually this year the officials have been consistant.  This game is the the first Pats game where I saw that the zebras tried their best to hand the game to the opposing team

I agree. I was chalking this up as a loss because of the headscratching, one way calls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

What was Hochuli talking about when at the 1 he came over to the ball and said each team has a chance to reset after an administrative time out...blah blah blah seemed like he went on for 20 minutes and I had no idea what he said

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I love how Collinsneck claims it's so great Hochuli explains it and it's because he's a lawyer.

Well, that's funny. No one had a clue why he was announcing anything nor what he said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I guess the fantom helmet-to-helmet call is here to stay, kind of like the obligatory fantom pass interference calls.  Teams will just have to adjust and and not get too distracted by them.

What I don't get is why the toadies at NBC agree with them.  Collinsworth's whole career is based on being annoying, so why he would not say 'bad call' and stick to is surprising.  And we'll never get anything out of Al Micheals.  I mean he doesn't even have the backbone to say no to whatever ridiculous hair color they make him use.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Agree. Once the Jets won, the NFL was hell bent on a GB win.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

I can't stand Hochuli and his crew.  They call more penalties than anyone in the league.  I wish the Mike Carey crew called the game, although his crew had a bad day also. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

"Collinsworth's whole career is based on being annoying, so why he would not say 'bad call' and stick to is surprising."

Yeah, and I'm really getting sick of seeing him in all those Nationwide commercials!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You know it's bad when BB comments on the refs in the postgame press room.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]I can't stand Hochuli and his crew.  They call more penalties than anyone in the league.  I wish the Mike Carey crew called the game, although his crew had a bad day also. 
    Posted by guinness02122[/QUOTE]

Guinness, agree that Ed H is an incompetent, and the call on McCoutney and Banta-Cain were unwarranted.  Seems like Ed really wanted the game to go Packs way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]And for a third instance of poor officiating... The illegal hands calls on Tully Banta-Cain.   In REALITY, the Green Bay player used his hands illegally on Tully. The Green Bay lineman had both hands wrapped AROUND Tully's head because he couldn't block him legally.... then when Tully almost wriggled free , the lineman GRABBED Tull's face mask and twisted his head with that. I found it f***in hilarious that the announcers made it ap oint to call Tully dumb for commiting a penalty in front of an officialy when in REALITY the replays clearly showed the lineman doing it to Tully.
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

I was watching highlights on ESPN this morning and they've got our old friend Merril Hoge doing analysis, and the host -- whatever her name is (Linda Cohn?) -- sets Hoge up with this replay, that clearly shows the Packer blocker with both hands on TBC' helmet, then grabbing his face mask -- obvioulsy trying to get Hoge to admit what anyone with two eyes and a brain can see -- and you hear Hoge chuckling a little and he goes, "Yup. That's hands to the face." And they all laugh and just move on with the show.

ESPN is not even trying to pretend anymore.

But all that said, I think Pats fan should take heart from the fact that, even with all the help it got, the Packers still didn't have enough to take the victory that was gift-wrapped for them and dropped off at their door.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You know it's bad when BB comments on the refs in the postgame press room.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that. What did he say? He never even references anything remotely close to the refs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]And while we are on the subject of bad officiating....  that no-call on the punt fair-catch where the Packers player collided with our returner was just plain ridiculous. I've been saying all year that the NFL needs to start enforcing the rule on not interfering with fair catches. Punt coverage teams have been running straight at the punt returners all year because they don't feer getting a penalty for interference. In one case earlier in the year I believe Edelman actualyl got TACKLED by the coverage guy after calling a fair catch and still didn't get a penalty.    I believe it's because the NFL wants to ahve more turnovers caused and more highlights. In last night's game they cited that the coverage guy was blocked into the returner. WRONG.  The coverage guy was running directly AT the returner and didn't attempt to change course until he was 5 feet from the returner, then ran directly into the Pats player to his right. The Pats player on his right stood his ground and the Packers player continued on course right into the returner.   The Pats player did not alter the course of the Packer he simply maintained his own position.  That should be a clear penalty. If officials did their job all seasons, then what SHOULD have happened is the Packers player should have been at least a tiny bit tentative of the Pat returner calling a fair catch and then veered off when it was called. Instead he ran full steam with his head down expecting even if he ran into the returner he  still wouldn't be flagged. This has happened in nearly every game I've watched this year and I'm personally sick of it. We have personal fouls for people blowing on wide receivers  who are 'defenseless'  to encourage offense .... but the NFL lets coverage teams annihilate punt returners.
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]
    The same thing happen in the Colts game and it cost the Jags. It looks like there is a bit of play acting going on. You would think if contact happens that they would still have to try an avoid running into the guy making the fair catch. It appears teams have found another way a cheating! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

At least the Patriots still won.

I forgot about that rediculous non call on the fair catch. That gunner had plenty of time to adjust himself. In fact, he had so much time, he managed to angle himself underneath the 5'9 Edelman. 

The more i think about it, the more i realize how badly this game was officiated. 
    The call on the McCourty hit was total nonsense. the bail out called against Tully when the other guy was grabbing his facemask was disgusting. 

Bad call after bad call and why ONLY AGAINST THE PATRIOTS LAST NIGHT?!?!?!  why couldnt some of them bad calls go the other way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Apparently, Donald Driver felt the game was officiated very well and NE isn't that good.

lol

I'll give them credit for coming out hard and getting that onside kick, etc, but they got a ton of breaks.  Merriweather playing terribly on that Jones TD, the 5 gift calls to extend drives or hand them automatic 1st downs, etc.

That was the worst example of officials clearly trying to influence the game when they could, that I have seen not only in a Pats game, but arguably all season in the NFL.

I like the one where a 370 lb Wilfork miraculously flies in the air, mid-tackle, but apparently it was ONLY a face mask. He wasn't held or anything like that to cause him to go for the facemask. lol

That was a minor blown call. There are 5 calls that were just ridiculous and totally extended GB's drives.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]At least the Patriots still won. I forgot about that rediculous non call on the fair catch. That gunner had plenty of time to adjust himself. In fact, he had so much time, he managed to angle himself underneath the 5'9 Edelman.  The more i think about it, the more i realize how badly this game was officiated.  The call on the McCourty hit was total nonsense. the bail out called against Tully when the other guy was grabbing his facemask was disgusting.  Bad call after bad call and why ONLY AGAINST THE PATRIOTS LAST NIGHT?!?!?!  why couldnt some of them bad calls go the other way?
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

This is the kind of game that makes a certain kind of person believe that the league has an agenda. The Pats are generally a very disciplined team, and when you see a plethora (Si', El Guapo . . .   you have a plethora.) of calls go against a normally disciplined team, it tends to raise eyebrows. No matter which team we root for, as football fans, we're just going to have to get used to that "unnecessary roughness" call. Every time a receiver takes any kind of hard hit, expect to see that flag. As somebody mentioned earlier, it's the new pass interference. It looks for all the world as if the league is telling defensive backs, "You simply must allow the receiver to catch the ball. You can't hit him." That no flag came out in real time, and then a "conference" produces one is simply astounding. This is a bad, bad precedent. If officials are going to be huddling after plays to decide whether or not the guy on top of the play is following the plan . . .   that's a problem.

The hands to the face penalty was egregious, but what's bothering me more than the obviouly biased call -- clearly designed to keep the Packers' hopes alive -- is that nobody in any of the media that I've heard or read so far is pointing out what should be obvious to everyone . . .  it was a double-foul; should have been off-setting. No one is talking about that. The replay is staring us right in the face and everyone is pretending that what they are seeing is not what happened.

A Pats loss last night would have been a tremendous boon to the league in terms of casual fan interest. TV wants meaningful games, and keeping Green New Jersey in the hunt is good business. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature, and while I tend to believe that it's generally a pretty weak argument to go after officials, sometimes it's difficult to ignore the evidence right in front of you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

[QUOTE]McCourty's hit was a clean hit. He tried his best to lead with his shoulde and went out of his way to get his head turned away from contact. That's how they should teach players to hit. The other disgusting one was Sanders PI. He was in the 5 yard allowance to make contact and didn't grab the back of the jersey like Collinsworth was saying (Did you happen to notice after his comment they didn't show a replay from another angle?). Yet another late flag that came in for no reason keeping the drive alive leading to a TD instead of a FG
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Well the OTHER thing that was wrong with the Sanders pass interference call is taht the ball was uncatchable.  It landed 5 or 10 yards out of bounds and there was no way it was getting caught anyway.  Uncatchable balls are not supposed to be pass interference.

Now it would have been different if they called 'holding' as they were basically citing him for holding.  But they didn't ... it was called pass interference and that was by the rulebook wrong.

I believe even if they wanted to call it holding it would have to be before the ball was thrown no ?

Sections
Shortcuts