Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?:
    In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : Wow, have you sincerely become an arrogant jacka$s.  Or were you always that way, and I never noticed it?
    Posted by Davedsone

That's funny coming from you.  In the past few days I have read a number of posts witten by people running you down for what you write in your posts.  AZPAT showed that same attitude repeatedly in this string to people here that you have shown to people on other strings, so it's not surprising that you would jump to his defense.

Actually, did you even read AZPATS posts at this string before reading mine so you would know why I wrote what I wrote?  I wasn't the first or only one suggesting he takes a chill.  Or are you just reacting reflexively?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : Some might actually feel that the Chargers not stopping the TD and two-point conversion is what really cost them the game. It was the exact same play on 4th down for the TD as it was 1 play later for the 2-point conversion. Sure, a bad call got them there, but the Chargers still had plenty of opportunity to prevent the loss. And didn't.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I really hate when people excuse things this way.     Let's take a hypothetical...    sprinters starting a 100 m race.  One guy gets a slow start out of the blocks, then 50m down the guy to his right PUNCHES HIM IN THE FACE.   

Do we say 'well yeah the guy punched him but so what.... but if he hadn't gotten a slow start he still could have won if he ran at the speed of light' ? ??? ? ??  

Or if the person setting up hurdles placed an extra one on one person's lane  .... do we say ''yeah but he should have just overcome and done more than everyone else. He didn't so it's his fault he lost' ???

You do not BLAME someone for losing an unfair contest.  It's ignorant. It's not the victim's fault.  You praise them if they triumph, you BLAME the people who made the match unfair if they don't.  All athletes deserve the opportunity to compete in a fair, honest, consistent environment. 

Here's another hypothetical for you.  People state all the time the importance of home field advantage, of fan support, of 'momentum' in games and how it affects athletes' psyches.  Isn't it possible that a team gets so deflated after a ref screwes them that they cannot ocmpose themselves for the subsequent plays and perform poorly as a result ?  Doesn't that make just a 'little' sense ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I've been reading your posts and you are way off the mark in so many ways. Was there a bad call/non-call that favored the Pats last night?  Yeah, on Connolly's return there was a very late push in the back, about five yards from the finish of the play.  I think the official realized that it would have been a crime to negate a 71-yard return because there was a push in the back at 66 yards or so.  But that was the only (non) call to favor the Pats.  You could have used an abicuss last night to keep track of all of the missed calls for GB. I have never seen such blatant offensive holding ignored to such an extreme degree.  How many O-holding calls were called against GB?  None. You either don't know football or you have weak eyesight.  Re-watch the game, with slo-mo replay control, like I use, and you cannot miss the holds.  They are on just about every GB pass play in the game. Heck, GB guys were actually tackling Pats pass rushers...but no calls.  I used the reply slo-mo to teach my mom - who is learning the game - what offensive holding is and how to catch it.  She got so frustrated and stressed with the officiating last night that by the third QTR she had to leave the room once in a while to cool down, it was so frequent and biased. Last, you need to chill on the attitude.  You are a bit liberal with the Devil's Advocate approach and the high-n-mighty lecturing. Extend some respect and respect will be extended to you.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

In one quick sentence, tell us all your applicable experience as a NFL game official. You know, when you're right down there on the field, moving with the plays/players, without the benefit of instant replay and.or an endless supply of "cold ones". Somehow I doubt if you could keep up with the game without your slo-mo remote.... a marvelous item, no doubt.

Tell us now what YOUR definition of "offensive holding" is. Be careful to explain where the hands can be on the defender, please. And, BTW, show me the Gimme A Break chapter in the rule book, as you explain on the Connolly run back. (Didn't think so.). I don't care who you are, that explaination was FUNNY! A penalty is a penalty. It's a shame you can only see transgressions (I'll explain that later for you if you'd like) when it's, in your opinion, AGAINST the beloved Pats. (Here's something to chew on: a game official, ANY official in ANY sport, can and will only make a ruling, ANY ruling, on what they actually see, using their judgement and knowledge of the rules of the game.)  

My attitude? Sonny, whiners need to get slapped in the face to see just how whiny they are. Some never learn from this, and need to continually be slapped to reality. If you cared to read my posts, you'd see how I remind alleged Pats fans, especially those who have been around only since February, 2002, that they hammer trolls from other teams for stuff like this, while they do it, blaming a loss or a potential loss on 3rd parties, like game officials, TV announcers, local anti-Pat media hores, the JEST! fan down the street, the lunar eclipse they couldn't see, etc, or that wonderful and nebulus "conspiracy" idiocy.  Pardon me, but I don't play Devils Advocate. I just want the incessant whining to stop, especially after a Pats win. Facts don't need respect.  

Like Mom always said, "Stop whining or I'll give you something to whine about!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I don't normally suggest this ... actually I never have.

If you value your sanity and reasonable people , then just 'ignore' AZPAT. I excusedtheir poststo myself when it was in good nature but frankly I'm thinking they have some serious mental deficiencies at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I really hate when people excuse things this way.     Let's take a hypothetical...    sprinters starting a 100 m race.  One guy gets a slow start out of the blocks, then 50m down the guy to his right PUNCHES HIM IN THE FACE.    Do we say 'well yeah the guy punched him but so what.... but if he hadn't gotten a slow start he still could have won if he ran at the speed of light' ? ??? ? ??   Or if the person setting up hurdles placed an extra one on one person's lane  .... do we say ''yeah but he should have just overcome and done more than everyone else. He didn't so it's his fault he lost' ??? You do not BLAME someone for losing an unfair contest.  It's ignorant. It's not the victim's fault.  You praise them if they triumph, you BLAME the people who made the match unfair if they don't.  All athletes deserve the opportunity to compete in a fair, honest, consistent environment.  Here's another hypothetical for you.  People state all the time the importance of home field advantage, of fan support, of 'momentum' in games and how it affects athletes' psyches.  Isn't it possible that a team gets so deflated after a ref screwes them that they cannot ocmpose themselves for the subsequent plays and perform poorly as a result ?  Doesn't that make just a 'little' sense ?
    Posted by Stupideeediot

Funny stuff! Did you used to write for Seinfeld? Cheers? My Mother The Car? PMSNBC News? I Love Lucy?

Last time I looked, NFL plaers are somethign called "professional athletes". They aren't playing in the City League against the Central Chipmunks. Any team that, as you descride it, "gets so deflated after a ref screwes them that they cannot ocmpose themselves for the subsequent plays and perform poorly"  needs to turn in their Participation Trophy and break out their coloring books (being carefult to stay between the lines). After all, the little darlings just can't cope with, like, anything bad happening to them, right? ROFLMFAO! 

And, BTW, Properly Named One, the Pats WON. So, what's your gripe? Don't want to se this ref again? Would you feel better if a different ref called the same penalties for the Pats stupid actions (hands to the face, high/head area hit on a defenseless receiver, KNOWING the reputation of the game officials before tehy walked on the field)? Would that make you feel better?

This makes sense only to Soccer Mommies and Little League Daddies. Otherwise, to teh rest of eh real world, it's called an "excuse".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I don't normally suggest this ... actually I never have. If you value your sanity and reasonable people , then just 'ignore' AZPAT. I excusedtheir poststo myself when it was in good nature but frankly I'm thinking they have some serious mental deficiencies at this point.
    Posted by Stupideeediot

Ooooo!

Ignore me..... Oooooo!
    My feelings are hurt! That's not fair! How can I ecer be expected to be a contributor of any kind to this board with such an eloquent poster suggesting I be "ignored"! That's not fair!

If you can't understand, comprehend, or keep up with the conversation, go back to watching Sponge Bob.

Ignore me.  Oooooooo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't normally suggest this ... actually I never have. If you value your sanity and reasonable people , then just 'ignore' AZPAT. I excusedtheir poststo myself when it was in good nature but frankly I'm thinking they have some serious mental deficiencies at this point.
    Posted by Stupideeediot

I am considering it.  I have one guy on "ignore" here.  Could be three.

Did you notice how he jumped all over my comments on Connolly's return, completely ignoring that I suggested it was a missed call that went to the Pats' favor.  Reading comprehension is not his forte'.  Disrespecting is.

Oh, BTW, in case you did not get the memo, we are not allowed to comment on any aspect of the game of which we were not previously, professionally employed. So if you were or are an NFL running back, you can only comment on things pertaining to running backs. If you are/were an NFL game official, you may only comment on game officiating. But you are not entitled to opinions on trades or the draft.  Etc., etc., etc. Apparently, AZPAT has played every position in the NFL, been an NFL game official, owned a team, and lead the players' union, too. We should all bow to her majesty

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : Wow, have you sincerely become an arrogant jacka$s.  Or were you always that way, and I never noticed it?
    Posted by Davedsone

We need to bow down to Old Woody and his Ukelele, as it's clearly apparent that only HE (?) knows what the "mark" is.

I feel truly humbled........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Posted by Davedsone

After all, HE'S got the secret of the Slo Mo "mojo".

I'm greatly impressed by this. It brings tears tome eyes. Joy, sadness, laughter, adn embarrassment. I'll let him make that call. After all, it's HIS "mark", and I don't want to miss another one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : I am considering it.  I have one guy on "ignore" here.  Could be three. Did you notice how he jumped all over my comments on Connolly's return, completely ignoring that I suggested it was a missed call that went to the Pats' favor.  Reading comprehension is not his forte'.  Disrespecting is. Oh, BTW, in case you did not get the memo, we are not allowed to comment on any aspect of the game of which we were not previously, professionally employed. So if you were or are an NFL running back, you can only comment on things pertaining to running backs. If you are/were an NFL game official, you may only comment on game officiating. But you are not entitled to opinions on trades or the draft.  Etc., etc., etc. Apparently, AZPAT has played every position in the NFL, been an NFL game official, owned a team, and lead the players' union, too. We should all bow to her majesty
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Spoken like a true troll with nothing substantial to come back with.
    This is WAYYY too easy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

You don't even know what a troll is. You just fire off insults without rhyme or reason, is that right?

I am not strong on the X's and O's.  I am not strong on contract terminology.   But I am pretty confident in my knowledge of the rules.  I routinely catch talking heads making mistakes in reference to the rules, so I guess my knowledge of them must be pretty decent. I know the holding rules. I know how they are realistically applied. But since I don't care to satisfy your questions about authenticity, I am not going to type 300 words to detail holding. Especially for people like you who live to to push and bully people on the internet.

You like questions?  Why don't you ask yourself why you are alone on this board on this issue?  Don't be fooled by Davedsone.  He agrees in bullying along with you, but he never wrote that he thought this game was evenly called, at least not anywhere I have read about this. He just likes having at least one friend in his sand box and you are it.

And since you are alone in your opinion, maturely ask yourself a second question: could it be that you are wrong?

Maybe you two don't get it.  You are not liked here. If you care to change that fact, start by treating people with respect, even when you disagree with them.  Go back and read the way you ran people down mindlessly and ask yourself, without bias, if that is the way you would want people to communicate with you.  Just because you had a bad childhood doesn't make it right for you to figuratively knock heads here.  An honorable person will learn from his/her mistakes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

We should also separate intent from negligence.   I don't think the came was necessarily intentionally one-sided.. nor do I think any of his poor calls from other games were necessarily intentional.  But intentional or not they affect the outcome of the game.   There's a lot of random things that can go wrong for a team during a game like the weather, crowd, cleets, etc.     All those things a team has to deal with because it's reasonable that you can't control them.  You ignore them and move on.

Officiating should not be one of those things.  When it's broken it needs to be fixed.  Teams should not have to compete on an uneven playing field whether it's intentional or not.

Sections
Shortcuts