Ed Reed/ asking too much?/option for Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ed Reed/ asking too much?/option for Pats?

He didn't sign with the Texans YET. Realistically will BB even consider him??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Ed Reed/ asking too much?/option for Pats?

I guess it all boils down to the cap space and what Reed wants.  They've got a little room beyond what they need to keep for the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I can almost guarantee you BB considered him but actually signing him seems pretty doubtful with AW on board. Reed most likely isn't going to take some vet minimum deal and the Pats have more pressing needs than safety at this point imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reed isn't coming here.  He is only going to leave Baltimore for more money.  I don't think BB values him enough to do that.  I still think he ends up back in Balt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not convinced BB wanted him. Imo BB is pretty happy with McCourty at the FS position and adding Reed would mean either Reed would be the backup (which I doubt Reed would be happy about or the cost would be too high) or McCourty would be the backup (which would hinder his progression). The only reason McCourty started at CB last year was they had no other choice with Dennard not ready and Ras going on IR again. That basically left Arrington and guy in Section 315 row D seat 6 as your starting corners.

I wanted Reed but after thinking it over I can kind of see why we haven't even been linked to giving him a phone call

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Texans offer to Ed Reed in the three-year, $4 million annual range, per league sources. Reed made $7.2 million last year. Seeking similar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Why add Reed after the Pats signed Adrian Wilson?