Ed Reed knee injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ed Reed knee injury?

First, bring on the Ravens either way. 

But did anyone else see that knee injury to Reed? It looked pretty bad. 

This could be impactful. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Ed Reed knee injury?

In Response to Ed Reed knee injury?:
    First, bring on the Ravens either way.  But did anyone else see that knee injury to Reed? It looked pretty bad.  This could be impactful. 
    Posted by zbellino

Thought it was his hip? Didn't look like he was that hurt on that INT to close out the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I was just commenting on that. At the very least that should slow him down next week. Definitley doesn't hurt our chances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Reed knee injury?:
    In Response to Ed Reed knee injury? : Thought it was his hip? Didn't look like he was that hurt on that INT to close out the game.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

He had to be helped off the field KP after the final play. It looked like he tore a ligament. There was definitely damage. 

It looked bad. He could not walk. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Could be a sprain...  see how it caved inward when he landed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I saw it -intially thought knee injury as well, probably sprained/tore MCL and/or ACL.

Then saw him grabbing for his foot on the sidelines and saw him walking around shaking hands after the game.

Looked bad at first, but then he looked improved after some time. 

Who knows. Either way, bring on the Ravens. They don't concern me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Looked like he was holding the ankle on the sideline. Could be a big blow for them if he can't go. Best case looks like he will be severely limited.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't mind seeing our opponents best player going down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I was just commenting on that. At the very least that should slow him down next week. Definitley doesn't hurt our chances.
    Posted by Rerun85

That is what I was thinking. Even if it is something he can play through, it will definitely hamper him.

Playing the Ravens' "D" without any one of their stars is better than seeing them at full power. 

Their offense looked terrible today, but that defense was somethering. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, I don't know how bad it is. He was walking around hugging people after the game but walking ain't running. Definitely something to watch, Ed Reed IMO is one of the best safeties in NFL history and his presence or lack thereof will be felt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I didn't see him walking after that. I saw him with two coaches helping him to the sidelines, one under each shoulder, then I saw him take a few steps. 

Still, TB12 walked off the field under his own power with that nasty triple ligament tear.

So it's hard to say. 

The point that it will likely have an impact, even if he can go, is out there. 

Crazy that it happened on the very last play of the game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Reed helped off the field at end after taking a few heavy knocks during game. He would be a loss for them if unable to go.

To me the biggest factor is Flacco. He just does not have  that special "it" about him. Stop Rice, Flacco is not going to carry his team,no way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They showd him walk up to Foster and hug him and whisper something in his ear, pretty sure it was Reed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Actually if you watched to the end he was walking around and talking and congratulating the Houston players in the middle of the field.  He didnt look in to much pain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

That defense could not get pressure on Yates, yet yates still made stupid throws...Brady wouldve eaten that defense up today

If there's no Reed, Pats will have won this game by halftime

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Reed knee injury? : He had to be helped off the field KP after the final play. It looked like he tore a ligament. There was definitely damage.  It looked bad. He could not walk. 
    Posted by zbellino

I missed that, heard it was his ankle

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Reed knee injury? : That is what I was thinking. Even if it is something he can play through, it will definitely hamper him. Playing the Ravens' "D" without any one of their stars is better than seeing them at full power.  Their offense looked terrible today, but that defense was somethering. 
    Posted by zbellino

I am not so sure about that - The Texans were able to run it - they failed on offense from having a rookie falling in love with the only legitimate receiver the Texans have -

No sacks by the Ravens - could be they were playing the 'let's confuse the rookie game' but I watched the whole game and I didn't feel that the Ravens really dominated on D

Ultimately - the Ravens wins a 7 point game at home against a first year playoff team playing a 3rd string QB  - and Houston turned it over 4 times

Should have been a blowout - I didn't see anything that Flacco did on offense that scared me and I didn't see anything that the Ravens did on D that makes me think the Pats won't score 28 points minimum

Pats win by 10 minimum - not being arrogant - and I fully expect the Ravens to be running their mouths all week giving the Pats all sorts of motivation for this game - not that they would be lacking it

The Pats team I saw last night clearly showed that they had another gear - the Ravens are about to find out about it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Reed was bent down rubbing his ankle/foot at the end of the game - don't think it's his knee.  Of course, whether or not he playes, I'm sure he, Ray, and and the rest of the Ravens' D will be flapping their gums all week long.  Hope our D brings the same intensity they did against Denver - if they do, this one won't be all that close.  I'm liking a 27-17 victory for the Pats!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Ed Reed knee injury?:
    First, bring on the Ravens either way.  But did anyone else see that knee injury to Reed? It looked pretty bad.  This could be impactful. 
    Posted by zbellino

How about we are fine with Ed Reed..F..Baltimore..lets spread them out..they cant cover Welker, Gronk and Hernandez..Welker will have a big day when they double Gronk..The O line must play well..Flacco more flat footed then Brady in the pocket..Go Pats

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Agree with QBall.  I still like the matchup better with Balt than Houston for reasons I already stated. BB likes familiarity and simplified gameplans, which is what he gets here. And I cannot see an older Ray Lewis and their LBs doing well against Gronk, Welker and Hernandez. Obviously, NE will have to play well, but they've contained Ray Rice in 2009 (regular season) and last year as well so I think they can maintain a solid game in that area again. As for Reed, looked like an ankle sprain. He'll play, but not sure if he'll be 100%. Balt will not be seeing the 2009 Pats.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Agree - a slowed down Ray Lewis and potentially hobbled Ed Reed will not be stopping Wes/Gronk/Hernandez - also liked what I saw from Branch last night  - I just don't see the Ravens slowing the Pats down enough to stop them from scoring 30 points - that's more than enough against the Ravens O

I don't see Ray Rice breaking any 80 yarders in this game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He did land poorly and did  probably sprain his ankle as thats where he grabbed when he was on the sidelines.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I didn't see him walking after that. I saw him with two coaches helping him to the sidelines, one under each shoulder, then I saw him take a few steps.  Still, TB12 walked off the field under his own power with that nasty triple ligament tear. So it's hard to say.  The point that it will likely have an impact, even if he can go, is out there.  Crazy that it happened on the very last play of the game. 
    Posted by zbellino

Reed supposedly tweaked his ankle...but should be fine. He's already started trash-talking, saying of the upcoming game with the Pats: "We’re coming and they know it,”.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/15/early-signs-for-ed-reed-look-promising/

The Patriots owe these bums...and will be ready.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Reed knee injury? :      Reed supposedly tweaked his ankle...but should be fine. He's already started trash-talking, saying of the upcoming game with the Pats: "We’re coming and they know it,”. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/15/early-signs-for-ed-reed-look-promising/      The Patriots owe these bums...and will be ready.
    Posted by TexasPat

Absolutely agree - Look for the Patriots, and specifically TB, to be on the same mission as last night

Look for ESPN to be trumpeting the Ravens as the prohibitive favorites through the week - look for BB to use every bit of it to fire the Pats up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

another article on Ed Reed's injury.

agreed with many posters - if Reed is out of the game ane we can contain Ray Rice, we should have another blowout. I like our chances next week - however can't be over confident.

Sections
Shortcuts