Ed Reed Out For Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Ed Reed Out For Game 1

Should've picked up Pollard instead

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

6 million per, coming off surgery, missed all of camp and all of preseason.

Hip.

Can't be a good thing for an older player.

Why BB took the next best Safety on the market and it wasn't at 6 million per.

glad that BB did in my opinion.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

See here's the thing...the Texans might get something out of Reed at some point this season...we got nothing from Wilson. As far as the money goes?? How much under the cap are we? 12 million? I hear Reed got 5 million of his contract guaranteed (which is too much), but if he goes out there and helps, it's worth it.

What did Pollard get? He's an enforcer that would look good in a big nickel roll...just ask Ridley.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Pollard gets far too much love on this board.  Yeah he has kicked the Pats in the groin a couple times, but he's going on his 4th team in the past 6 seasons.  Something is up with this guy and it's more than just his play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

See here's the thing...the Texans might get something out of Reed at some point this season...we got nothing from Wilson. As far as the money goes?? How much under the cap are we? 12 million? I hear Reed got 5 million of his contract guaranteed (which is too much), but if he goes out there and helps, it's worth it.

What did Pollard get? He's an enforcer that would look good in a big nickel roll...just ask Ridley.

Here's the other thing:

Wilson wasn't seeking the most money, isn't older and for some reason is worse than Nate Ebner, which I am not buying.

Ed Reed has not played any football since February.  None of any kind.

A might at 6 million is a major risk, especially when no one can name their two starters at Safety.

[/QUOTE]

What does Nate Ebner have to do with anything?

I wonder if Bill had offered Reed something competitive...called him...had a talk with him, if it would of brought him in for a little less. They both seem to be in love with each other, although Bill and Ocho had a magical infatuation with each other and that didn't work out so well.

You're right five million is a risk with Reed, however when you're sitting with 12 million that you didn't spend...the risk is not doing anything.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Glover Quin was seen by many as the best option if you wanted to spend on a higher end free agent at safety but not spend Goldson money. Pollard isn't that great and Reed was almost as risky as A Wilson because of age. Really, there weren't tons of options.  Wilson was a fine signing, but people got their expectations way too high.  He was always most likely to be nothing more than a back up or maybe rotational player.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

If we picked up Pollard our team would explode... literally. Just keep that guy as far away from New England as possible. I will never respect that thug.

I know I am probably going to get laughed at for this, but I honestly believe that Ebner could be a player at safety. He never played the position before he came here, but he seems to have the smarts and skills to do well. He also seems to have a nose for the ball whenever he is in. I would hear about him making picks in practices all the time. I want to see him play the position a little more, and I think there is a reason why (other than ST) he wasn't cut.

Did we designate our IR player to return yet?

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, not sure what the point is. We get zero production out of A. Wilson, so we pretty much wasted that money. If Reed plays at all, at least HOU is getting some sort of return on investment. I'm not knocking BB for signing Wilson.  It was a risk worth taking and it didn't work out. Not sure we should be laughing at HOU because Reed is missing one game though.  He will help them a heck of a lot more than Wilson will help us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

If we picked up Pollard our team would explode... literally. Just keep that guy as far away from New England as possible. I will never respect that thug.

I know I am probably going to get laughed at for this, but I honestly believe that Ebner could be a player at safety. He never played the position before he came here, but he seems to have the smarts and skills to do well. He also seems to have a nose for the ball whenever he is in. I would hear about him making picks in practices all the time. I want to see him play the position a little more, and I think there is a reason why (other than ST) he wasn't cut.

Did we designate our IR player to return yet?

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

I disagree with the Pollard thing but the Ebner point I agree with 100%. He does seem to have a nose for the ball. BB must've seen something positive to keep him on the roster. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would have been pumped if Reed was on the Pats.

If he comes back in Week 15, he'll still have more tackles than Cap Room has.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why BB took the next best OLD INJURED MAN WHO ISN'T PLAYING Safety on the market.

There.  Fixed it for you. 

Sad thing is Reed will be back this season and Wilson won't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Glover Quin was seen by many as the best option if you wanted to spend on a higher end free agent at safety but not spend Goldson money. Pollard isn't that great and Reed was almost as risky as A Wilson because of age. Really, there weren't tons of options.  Wilson was a fine signing, but people got their expectations way too high.  He was always most likely to be nothing more than a back up or maybe rotational player.  

Quin would have been nice, Moore if he had hit the market, George Wilson was a name I was actually hoping they'd pick up before A. Wilson

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is not news. Reed said weeks ago that he doesnt want to rush back and he is there for the postseason and mentoring. Thats like making headlines that Gronk may not play week 1. WHo cares, we need him in the playoffs. Ditto for Texans and Ed Reed. Your love for calling out other teams injuries is quite sickening. I want my team to win, but I wish every other team good health as any real sportman or athlete should. I wouldnt pay 6 milly to Ed Reed, but I bet when healthy he is gonna help. How do you quantify that? The Texans got lit up by Brady and they did something to try and get better. I appplaud them trying. If it fails, WHY DO WE CARE?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This is not news. Reed said weeks ago that he doesnt want to rush back and he is there for the postseason and mentoring. Thats like making headlines that Gronk may not play week 1. WHo cares, we need him in the playoffs. Ditto for Texans and Ed Reed. Your love for calling out other teams injuries is quite sickening. I want my team to win, but I wish every other team good health as any real sportman or athlete should. I wouldnt pay 6 milly to Ed Reed, but I bet when healthy he is gonna help. How do you quantify that? The Texans got lit up by Brady and they did something to try and get better. I appplaud them trying. If it fails, WHY DO WE CARE?

It's "sickening"? Me pointing out frauds who said we should have signed one legged and cooked Reed with a bad hip and leg at a 6 mil per deal, is "sickening"?

Why do we care?

Have we not seen trolls on here bashing BB the GM and armchairing every move on a daily basis?

THAT is what is "sickening", Shizzly.

You havent pointed out any fruads. You pointed out a player not playing week 1. Why do you feel the need to be BB's bodyguard. He doesnt care what fans think, why should you?

You are like a little attack dog biting at peoples feet before they even get in the door. Spare us these updates in the reg. season please.  I wanted us to sign Ed Reed! ANNND! Thats because BB has gone on record more than once saying Ed is the best player he has seen at the position in his 30 YEARS of coaching! Sooo, I assumed he would be an option and judging by the signing of the 34 now I/R'd Adrian Wilson, I dont think Ed Reed being 32 should have made him out the question. The Texans offered  good money so he took it. He WILL help that team if/when he gets healthy. Adrian is not gonna give us ANYTHING! Let me guess, YOU think a 35 y/o washed up guy is gonna return NEXT year to play?  Hahaaa, Thats OVER and guess what? There was no hammy injury, he was just Done. Dissapointing and something YOU should be focusing on, not houstons signing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Why are we ponying up money for McCourty again? Is he a CB or S, cuz I dont see why you break the bank for a guy who has played the position for 5 games and hurt his shoulder trying to play it. Please dont tell me we saved money so that we could extend McCourty to big long term contract. I mean I like the guy, but I think he is over his head. The Pats were desperate and made him a safety. Ball skills wise, its a great move, but even at FS, u have to hit sooner or later and he isnt built for that, I dont care if he switches to bigger shoulder pads. I hope he pans out, but I would be shocked if they extended him before the end of this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reed-Gronk. Good analogy

I am not a fan of Reed as a player or person. He may have been the best S choice this offseason. But how can anyone after this offseason, and last season, say AWilson was the 2nd best choice? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB loves McCourty. He was an All Pro CB as a rookie. He's not going anywhere. And, if he has a big year this year, which I think he will, he will ascend into that upper AFC class of Safeties, maybe in the NFL.

It's not like Goldson got big money and huge bids in 2011 off the lockout, dude.

It's like saying "is Ronnie Lott a CB or a Safety"? Who cares? Do you want the player or not?

The 49ers were not desperate when they made a missing finger Ronnie Lott a Safety in 1984 and BB was not really "desperate" when he made McCourty one in 2012. It's a compliment. His football IQ was needed at the position, yes.

I'd say he did pretty well after transitioning over last year, midseason.

I think this is a big year for McCourty. BB IMO loves him, but is not yet sure to shell out top 5 S dollars for him...maybe over the bye week. Maybe after the season. McCourty needs to have a good season and stay healthy before he sees top dollar from BB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

Reed-Gronk. Good analogy

I am not a fan of Reed as a player or person. He may have been the best S choice this offseason. But how can anyone after this offseason, and last season, say AWilson was the 2nd best choice? 

Maybe because he was a Pro Bowler in 2011 like Ed Reed?  Wilson is 1 year younger than Reed and we needed more of a SS anyway.

Wilson did not have any surgeries this offseason and Goldson and Quin have bloated deals.

That's why.

DO you even know who Adrian Wilson is?  It was he and Brian Dawkins the last decade as the best Safety in the NFC.

Jesus. Just get over it. Your ignorance to the facts at hand does not mean you are correct.

And, Mike Huff is average at best and will be shredded tonight.  There's a reason why no one signed him right away and he settled for a crap deal with cash strapped Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

I was not that familiar with Wilson other than his reputation. I had not seen him play that often. People I respect, who had seen him, said he really slipped last year, and had lost a step to a step and a half. 

I did see quite a bit of him this summer. Not impressive at all in coverage or against the run. Definitely a step to a step and a half slow. I actually thought he had a shoulder injury as he was not hitting when he had chances. It was pretty obvious to a novice like myself, and to everyone else who watched him this summer. 

The only person who would not admit this guy was a long shot flier, or even a mistake given the S needs of this team, was you. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Reed-Gronk. Good analogy

Maybe because he was a Pro Bowler in 2011 like Ed Reed?  Wilson is 1 year younger than Reed and we needed more of a SS anyway.

Wilson did not have any surgeries this offseason and Goldson and Quin have bloated deals.

That's why.

DO you even know who Adrian Wilson is?  It was he and Brian Dawkins the last decade as the best Safety in the NFC.

Jesus. Just get over it. Your ignorance to the facts at hand does not mean you are correct.

And, Mike Huff is average at best and will be shredded tonight.  There's a reason why no one signed him right away and he settled for a crap deal with cash strapped Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

I was not that familiar with Wilson other than his reputation. I had not seen him play that often. People I respect, who had seen him, said he really slipped last year, and had lost a step to a step and a half. 

I did see quite a bit of him this summer. Not impressive at all in coverage or against the run. Definitely a step to a step and a half slow. I actually thought he had a shoulder injury as he was not hitting when he had chances. It was pretty obvious to a novice like myself, and to everyone else who watched him this summer. 

The only person who would not admit this guy was a long shot flier, or even a mistake given the S needs of this team, was you. 

[/QUOTE]

I go by what I see.  I don't go by people like you who whine at every BB move. You also claimed Kelly would not work. You also had no idea who Kelly was. lmao

Also, I saw MANY, the majority of the board, as a matter of fact, approve of the Wilson signing, especially at that money, even if as a subpackage player.

And, the people you trust, are anti-BB mediaheads like you, so what does that say?

[/QUOTE]

I posted, so you can check if I am telling the truth, that I had not seen much of Kelly, and I was dubious given his age. But after seeing him at 2 practics, I posted here tha I thought he would make the pro bowl playing next to Vince...

How is that claiming Kelly would not work?