Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have serious doubts BB gave Reed even a second thought

Why?  Barring BB knowing the ego was out of control, watching Reed call out Phillips last week in the press, you'd have to think he at least kicked the tires.

At 2-7 Ed Reed was only one part of the issues in Houston.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ego or lack of brains.  Both things a problem going forward.  Choosing the clown show to fade out your career...HAHAHAHA....  lol. 

Umm, didn't they play the Patriots very close twice? With a rookie QB? Some of you overrate the Patriots so much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

How much $$$ ?

Oh well good for them.  How's their cap situation now and next season ? 

Cap situation better than it has been, but the concern is the lack of continuity on the roster moving forward. They lost so many players they rented this past year, while other vets like Cromartie, Pace, Holmes and others, will be on their way out.

Throw in a bust at QB and a second year slump next year and it's a long, long way off from a legit playoff contender in NY.

Rented players? What's that? Is Talib a rented player?  How about Carter?  Blount?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Oh, I didn't realize it only rained when the Patriots had the ball.

And yes, it was a bad call. Does that change the fact that it was a close game, Eistein?

You're the master of bs...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Anyone hear the terms yet?  I seriously do not see Reed playing next season.  I think he mentally checked out a few seasons ago and physically checked out after last season.

400k.  The cost of an NFL player's ego is not what it used to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

How much $$$ ?

Oh well good for them.  How's their cap situation now and next season ? 

Cap situation better than it has been, but the concern is the lack of continuity on the roster moving forward. They lost so many players they rented this past year, while other vets like Cromartie, Pace, Holmes and others, will be on their way out.

Throw in a bust at QB and a second year slump next year and it's a long, long way off from a legit playoff contender in NY.

Rented players? What's that? Is Talib a rented player?  How about Carter?  Blount?

We have our base built. Ugh. You just don't get it, do you?  How many times have I explained this to you?

BB has pulled in quite the haul via the draft, FA and player development here since 2010.  2009 if you want to count guys like Wendell, Ninkovich and Arrington as smaller chips that have been developed.

Your team has blown 1st rd picks or gotten crap return on some picks.

Get it?

So, NE renting Talib, Carter or Blount, or whomever you consider a rental, aren't the base of this team.

Your team has no base.  You have holes all over the field!

Just go away with your great team, take all your board troll names with you, if you're so confident your team is a legit contender.  Your insecurity is so obvious, Bustchise.

You don't rent a base. You rent complementary players.   

The best corner on the team is not part of the base?  How strange.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

No. The Pats' offense was clearly off to a sluggish start in the first game. A monsoon didn't help either, especially without Gronk.

Wasn't the monsoon in the Cincinnatti game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

No. The Pats' offense was clearly off to a sluggish start in the first game. A monsoon didn't help either, especially without Gronk.

It rained in the Thursday night game against NY too. What Einstein fails to realize is that it affected both teams. He's just making excuses because the Pats didn't hammer the Jets like he predicted and spammed the board about (both times).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Anyone hear the terms yet?  I seriously do not see Reed playing next season.  I think he mentally checked out a few seasons ago and physically checked out after last season.

Congrats. No one put in a bid for Reed except for your crappy team. To educated humans, that should tell you something. It tells you NOTHING because you're a moron.

Reed, Landry, Cromartie, basically your entire secondary, will not be in NY next year.  

Watching you fall for this stuff year in and year out is pee your pants funny to watch from afar.

I think I speak for all Pats fans on this one, too. lol

Nobody put in a bid?  I didn't know it was an auction.   Was Ed on Ebay?  How do you know that no other teams put in a bid?  Do you think that 400k was too much money?  What is the normal cost for the ego of the a HOF safety?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I think both games had awful rainy weather. Actually, the Cincy game only had it for a portion of the 4th, where most if not all the Jets game in Sept, it rained consistently.

Who cares? We all know the offense either was missing key guys or had new, young WRs.

This becomes the success of the Jets franchise's history to play a division game close vs NE and then not be embarrassed they had to get help from the refs at home in OT.

I would take the win and run, not brag about it as some incredible achievement.

That is the difference between a Jets fan and Pats fan. Their bar of success is measured in non-sensical entities.

Help from the refs?  I thought it was the NFL's fault by changing the rule in the middle of the season?  Are you equally upset that the Pats got help from the refs when they didn't call the penalty againts the Pats in that game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I think both games had awful rainy weather. Actually, the Cincy game only had it for a portion of the 4th, where most if not all the Jets game in Sept, it rained consistently.

Who cares? We all know the offense either was missing key guys or had new, young WRs.

This becomes the success of the Jets franchise's history to play a division game close vs NE and then not be embarrassed they had to get help from the refs at home in OT.

I would take the win and run, not brag about it as some incredible achievement.

That is the difference between a Jets fan and Pats fan. Their bar of success is measured in non-sensical entities.

OH, you're talking about the win vs. the Jets, not the loss.  The Thursday nighter.

That was such a terrible game to watch, I had completely blocked it out.  That was ugly.  The least satisfying win I've ever witnessed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Congrats. No one put in a bid for Reed except for your crappy team. To educated humans, that should tell you something. It tells you NOTHING because you're a moron.

Reed, Landry, Cromartie, basically your entire secondary, will not be in NY next year.  

Watching you fall for this stuff year in and year out is pee your pants funny to watch from afar.

3 players - 2 starters both under contract for next season is the entire secondary. It seems that you are not really up on how football works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

It's not that strange when the CB market is bloated with a flat cap. That's called a very WISE GM using his leverage.   I don't see any SB winning team paying a CB as part of a base top CB money.

What's strange is you thinking that would work with Revis and Cromartie, me telling you it wouldn't, and you not being mortified enough at this point to have stopped posting here, Bustchise.

Instead, you use your obvious Jets board names today, leave Rico behind mysteriously on a day you want it known you're a Jets fan today, thinking you somehow fool us.

LMAO 

The question is not if Talib is a good value or not.  He is. He is also under a one year contract.  The question is if the best player in the NE secondary, Talib, is part of the base of the team or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I was simply pointing out that you were running around here beating your chest predicting blowouts before both of the games. You knew Gronk wouldn't play and you still did it, Einstein.

I can't prove it unfortunately because that was probably 3 or 4 accounts ago for you, troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm waiting to see it written that Reed plays for 400K   Fat chance. He's greedier then Samuael.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm waiting to see it written that Reed plays for 400K   Fat chance. He's greedier then Samuael.

I already wrote it for you.  I'll do it again. 400K.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You got a link? I've scoured the net and see nothing on his contract. Put up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Keep looking.  Full disclosure, it's actually 412K + 62K per game he plays.  Best I can tell, that's the vet minimum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Keep looking.  Full disclosure, it's actually 412K + 62K per game he plays.  Best I can tell, that's the vet minimum.

the 412K + 62K per was the figure Reed was owed if claimed on waivers. Once he cleared waivers, he could sign any deal he wanted. So far, the deal has not been announced..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

the 412K + 62K per was the figure Reed was owed if claimed on waivers. Once he cleared waivers, he could sign any deal he wanted. So far, the deal has not been announced..

Thank you Sir

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

less than 24 hours ago, you said "I was correct" "he is coming to the Pats, or retiring."

now educated humans know he is done as a player? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

seems like he was a little outspoken with the Texans...complaining

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

less than 24 hours ago, you said "I was correct" "he is coming to the Pats, or retiring."

now educated humans know he is done as a player? 

Apparently, before anyone could put in the bid on Ebay, the Jets clicked "buy it now".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I don't think that's the case.  He was in the first year of a 3 year 15 mil contract.  Of that, about 4 mil was bonus money.  1.3 mil per year.  Without calculating that all the way to the end, I think he was getting more than 2 mil this year, base salary. Let's say that you are correct in that those were the numbers if a team had claimed him.  That does not mean that it isn't what he signed on for.  He got his chunk of guaaranteed money from Houston.  If he plays in all 7 games it's about 1 mil.  I'd say that's about right.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ESPN reporting Reed went to the Jets.....

Sections
Shortcuts