Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

In response to Sportswizard1's comment:

Remove the word possibly! According to Boston ESPN Scource he's a Jet. Good for Ed Reed BB isn't worried about his secondary he has Harmon and when he's healthy he'll have Gregory and both of these guys are already integrated into the present system. Plus it's easier to run with a broken thumb than with a broken hip.

I'm not high on Harmon but I got a kick out of the hip comment, lol!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Do you really think BB had a lot of interest at this point?  Enough to throw an offer out there to Reed?

No.  DMC does what Reed used to be the best at much better than Reed can at this point.  If we signed him where would he play?

I think this says a lot actually.  I think if Talib was a concern DMC would take his spot and BB could bring Reed in to take DMC's spot.  So I'm hoping Talib is good to go and I really like how DMC and Gregory have been playing together this season.  I think Gregory will be back soon to.  Reed wouldn't be happy if he had to sit the bench, would actually cause some problems, imo.

not sure you  can read all that into it.    Probably a ton of film showed BB that Reed was just not that good anymore.  Hence the lack of pursuit to go get him.   Agreed the pats secondary has improved this year and they are not really desperate.

It says more about the Jets and Rex Ryan.  They are the desperate team.  Desperate to one up the  patriots...  I posted this yesterday that the possibilty of a blocking strategy where Jets just said we cannot let Reed go to the Patriots.

Except, Ryan will think he can magically fix his hip. Watch. Reed will start and be as exposed in NY as he was in Houston.

Jets pass D has been horrendous and I don't think a 35 year old Safety on a bad hip who plays as much as he was in Houston helps.  If they use him less, which I doubt since that is why he is going there, their situation won't improve.

that's just it.  Rex Ryan will screw it up.  He's so desperate to get his swag back ,  he's using Ed Reed to try and get there.  Sooner or later it will blow up in his face like evrey other season.  Sad that Reed will be the latest to suffer the clown show.  Will be interesting to watch , for sure....lol.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He wouldn't start with NE and wouldn't be used as a FS. He would have been used more in the box and around the line like a Polamalu. Reed thinks he's still Reed, apparently.

Sorry, but this is a pretty big assumption.  Playing Reed as an in the box safety would neutralize his greatest strengths (play recognition and ball skills).  He's never been a a great tackler and is not going to the HoF for his run defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Reed also had to deal with his conflicting allegiences... like Ravens were such Patriot haters as are the Jets.  He doen't have to be as much of a turncoat going to the Jets.   Probly suits him along with hooking up with the old coach.   GLad Pats don't have to see the clown show again til next year...  By then maybe Reed will be on the Pats after all ...lol.  kind of like jerome iginla.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ed Reed reunites with Rex Ryan in New York

Jets agreed to terms with S Ed Reed.

Rex Ryan was the Ravens defensive coordinator from 2005-08 and hasn't been shy about lavishing Reed with praise ever since he left. However, Rex isn't getting the guy he knows from their Baltimore days. Reed is 35 years old, coming off hip surgery and was demoted to third string in Houston despite $6 million guaranteed in his contract. Still, the Jets are getting one of the game's premier leaders and a future Hall of Famer for pennies. Reed, who is expected to play against Buffalo this week, should at least be able to bolster the secondary by rotating with struggling Antonio Allen and allowing Dawan Landry to play some strong safety. It's a low-risk move for the 5-4 Jets.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've always viewed a possible Pats signing of Reed as 'if-he-can-help-Pats' proposition.  The point made regarding McCourty and Reed playing the same position and McC being the significantly better player at this point says it all IMO.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Why?  Barring BB knowing the ego was out of control, watching Reed call out Phillips last week in the press, you'd have to think he at least kicked the tires.

Wouldn't it be ego to think that he could play a different position as well as he has played FS over the years? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How much $$$ ?

Oh well good for them.  How's their cap situation now and next season ? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

He gets to go back to Baltimore on the 24th when the Jets play the Ravens

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Anyone hear the terms yet?  I seriously do not see Reed playing next season.  I think he mentally checked out a few seasons ago and physically checked out after last season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want to see the terms of the deal...  you know it wasn't for peanuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Anyone hear the terms yet?  I seriously do not see Reed playing next season.  I think he mentally checked out a few seasons ago and physically checked out this season. 

Well, that's why I said it's up to him. He showed he's checked out by going to the Jets.  This means he thinks Geno Smith can lead his new team to the SB. lol

I am going to surmise Ed Reed didn't choose the team the team chose him. It seems the Jet's were the only team to show any type of serious interest.

Sections
Shortcuts