Ed Reed with another questionable hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Ed Reed with another questionable hit

Yesterday during Giants game. This time the victim was Victor Cruz. Looks like he could face a suspension which im.sure will be.overturned....I honestly hope.if E Reed is looking to really hurt someone that Karma does.its thing and backfires and ends his needless.headhunting! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Ed Reed with another questionable hit

He clearly led with his shoulder, straight to the center of the chest on that hit. H2H was incidental. I'd want the Pats defenders to be able to hit that way. 

I am not saying he does not head hunt. I am saying that hit should be okay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yesterday during Giants game. This time the victim was Victor Cruz. Looks like he could face a suspension which im.sure will be.overturned....I honestly hope.if E Reed is looking to really hurt someone that Karma does.its thing and backfires and ends his needless.headhunting! 

[/QUOTE]

I will still take on him my team next year too. You heard it here first. Ed Reed will end his career a  Patriot. No new contract and just old enough to qualify for senior citizens benefit. RIght up our alley!  Seriously tho' I would expect BB to make that call. He loves the guy and could get a lot of him even at his age

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I say he misses a playoff game. The commish will look read bad if he lets it o.  I say there's at lest 2handed out  Ginn jri think it was got jacked too.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

what about chungs hit...?  I personally was shocked he still knew how to hit, and catch a ball in the air.  maybe his head is out his asz finally, but commish the dicktator hasn't ruled yet...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Goodell's keeping his head down too...what's less than zero credibility at this point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bad call, imo. Isn't it a foul to hit helmet to helmet?  I thought it was a solid shoulder pad hit by Reed.  Also, the hit to Vernon Davis in the 49'ers game was a solid hit too and I thought it was fair.  Again, no helmet to helmet on that hit either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think it was a realllly bad call. It looks to me like it was very clean. He lead with his shoulder. He was not going for the guys head. He was playing football and trying to do it within the new rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

It was a clean hit. same thing happened to Chancellor from the Seahawks when he hit Davis. I think there were three or four flags thrown on the play. It was a textbook hit though. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

When do we start penalizing WRs for dipping their helmets? They initiate the helmet to helmet hits. -_-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what about chungs hit...?  I personally was shocked he still knew how to hit, and catch a ball in the air.  maybe his head is out his asz finally, but commish the dicktator hasn't ruled yet...

[/QUOTE]

As vicious as the result looked, I really don't think it was a dirty hit by Chung. 

For one, he led with his shoulder and did not 'target' the head.  Two, Shorts was on the way down when Chung was already in mid-air anticipating the hit. 

I honestly feel bad for players on defense today.  What is Chung supposed to do there?  Miraculously stop in mid-air and embrace Shorts with a nice bear hug?  This is football; you go over the middle, you're going to get hit. 

It's unforunate that Shorts was injured, but, honestly, Chung should not be punished.

Also, I wouldn't call Reed a 'head-hunter', either.  He's another safety that gets a bad rap just because he hits hard.  I would take him on my team any day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i thought it was a hard shoulder hit-measured him up and hit him very hard but clean-even held out his hand to help him up

it wasn't helmet to helmet and he didnt lead with his helmet or launch himself so he shouldn't be fined for the hit as I saw it-but I am sure Goodell will anyway

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Refs may need to start reviewing these hits before calling a penalty. I don't like head hunting but just casue a guys head jerks back doesn't mean he got slammed on the cranium.

Example: Vernon Davis did not get a helmet to helmet hit and they gave the seahags a penalty

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Refs may need to start reviewing these hits before calling a penalty. I don't like head hunting but just casue a guys head jerks back doesn't mean he got slammed on the cranium.

Example: Vernon Davis did not get a helmet to helmet hit and they gave the seahags a penalty

[/QUOTE]

i agree some hits look more violent than they actually are

if the receiver bounces right back to his feet chances are it was clean

Sections
Shortcuts