Ed Reed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Ed Reed

I haven't heard much about Reeds injury this week. Did he practice? Is he ready to go? Need update.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Ed Reed

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/1/20/2721862/ravens-patriots-injury-report-game-status

I love the last paragraph.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Reed:

lol what a great unbiased article

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

That reporter really seems serious that the Ravens will punish the Patriots. LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

lol.. talk about a homer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ed Reed looks like OG Bobby Johnson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Reed is pretty healthy but he didn't practice.  I wonder if practice makes players better, or if they're just as good not practicing.  I'd go with the former. 

My other concern with Reed is that he's been injured all year and that may have influenced his ability to practice.  He's about to get a part of him tested like it hasn't yet been tested this season -- his cardiovascular fitness.  Even when teams lined up against Peyton Manning, generally Peyton only snapped the ball quickly when they didn't line up quickly enough and was offsides.  New England goes for full throttle soccer-player exhaustion for the first 45 minutes and can continue for 60 minutes if the score is close.  Line up faster than the other team, wait 1 1/4 seconds and bang, the next play is running.  Old guys can run as fast as young guys downhill, but usually not uphill.  If this happens to be true of Ed Reed (and Ray Lewis), he'll be trailing many of the plays by 2 extra steps.

The Patriots are forcing snow shovelers working in the stadium to not look at the practices.  I wonder what the team has up its sleeve this week?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think Reed's cardio-fitness is fine, Paul_K. It's not like he's been out for 3 weeks.

To me, the issue is is the ankle healed? It's one thing to be able to walk or jog on it. It's another to have to tackle Gronk over the middle, or shift direction with a cutting Hernandez.

Brady will have respect for Reed...but you can be sure he will be tested, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess the writer believes the Ravens will give the same beat down to the Pats they did to the Texans!!!  NOT!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I guess the writer believes the Ravens will give the same beat down to the Pats they did to the Texans!!!  NOT!!
    Posted by agcsbill
    I woudl not totally be surprised to see the Pittsburgh game plan by the Ravens tomorrow.  Short controlled passing game used to open up the running attack.  Surely BB would be expecting this possibility.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Reed is pretty healthy but he didn't practice.  I wonder if practice makes players better, or if they're just as good not practicing.  I'd go with the former.  My other concern with Reed is that he's been injured all year and that may have influenced his ability to practice.  He's about to get a part of him tested like it hasn't yet been tested this season -- his cardiovascular fitness.  Even when teams lined up against Peyton Manning, generally Peyton only snapped the ball quickly when they didn't line up quickly enough and was offsides.  New England goes for full throttle soccer-player exhaustion for the first 45 minutes and can continue for 60 minutes if the score is close.  Line up faster than the other team, wait 1 1/4 seconds and bang, the next play is running.  Old guys can run as fast as young guys downhill, but usually not uphill.  If this happens to be true of Ed Reed (and Ray Lewis), he'll be trailing many of the plays by 2 extra steps. The Patriots are forcing snow shovelers working in the stadium to not look at the practices.  I wonder what the team has up its sleeve this week?
    Posted by Paul_K

unfortunately, they can always fake injuries

Sections
Shortcuts