Edelman 1 year???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Edelman 1 year???

Buddy just texted me says NFL network just reported it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Edelman 1 year???

I don't know if the market for him will be better next year...But then again I think we can release Amendola next year. He might be looking for his money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I really like the 1-Year deal approach with Edelman.  I want him back, but I want him to prove that his healthy 2013 season was not a fluke.  Hope this is exactly the case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Not near a  TV is this true?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Timing is everything

This a deep draft for wr

he only had 1 great yr. , but gets discounted coz of brady

ravens got Smith

i was going to post that I thought he might be coming back like last yr

i think he tested the waivers and didn't get what he wanted, a blessing for the pats

Now he gets to work out with TB again

Onto the OlineOline

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It's a 1 year deal because of this WR draft...and the fact that they gave Amendola his contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

It's a 1 year deal because of this WR draft...and the fact that they gave Amendola his contract

This...if this happens, they could find out if Edelman's season was a fluke and pick between Edelman and Amendola next offseason (when Amendola can be cut with much less damage).

They would also probably have a better idea about Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce and what they can contribute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This...if this happens, they could find out if Edelman's season was a fluke and pick between Edelman and Amendola next offseason (when Amendola can be cut with much less damage).

[/QUOTE]

That is a great move an idea. If it is true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hope so....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Maclin and Nicks both took one year deals, so it's not crazy, although those guys had down years last season. Maybe Decker just has a better agent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

With Decker I think the Jets had to make some kind of move after moving on from Holmes.  Seems like JE is betting on himself and expects to have another good year and maybe he thinks that he stands a better chance to land a deal next year -- esp with the cap rising. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

WR's who've left Brady haven't fared so well. Welker being the lone exception ( even down for him) Edelman is finding this out the hard way especially with a short (pun intended) resume....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Decker I think the Jets had to make some kind of move after moving o from Holmes.  Seems like JE is betting on himself and expects to have another good year and maybe he thinks that he stands a better chance to lan a deal next year -- esp with the cap rising. 

[/QUOTE]

Bet Decker can't wait to see all those interceptions thrown his way........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

this is great  because we are so dependent on the slot rec

we get to have two quality ones, JA's potential for injury is now less a factor

my only concern with the wrs now is Dobsons foot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

does anyone know if this has confirmed???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

Just about everywhere I read, Thompkins is mentioned as someone expected to make a big leap next year. I didn't see a lot to make me think that he would be a factor going forward. What am I missing with him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  I haven't seen anything on an Edelman deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just reacting to the two threads here?

If not accurate I still believe there is a shot at him coming back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just reacting to the two threads here?

If not accurate I still believe there is a shot at him coming back

[/QUOTE]

I only asked because a buddy said he heard early this morning on the NFL network he was close to a one year deal. I know most posters here are twitter followers of the talking heads so I figured someone could confirm or refute the info.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Mike473's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just about everywhere I read, Thompkins is mentioned as someone expected to make a big leap next year. I didn't see a lot to make me think that he would be a factor going forward. What am I missing with him?

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, honestly if you look at the guy he is very thin in the legs and calfs, so maybe he could improve adding some muscle/strength there? He seemed to have nothing coming out of his breaks, he just didn't look strong to me...his hands, his legs, his arms, etc. So perhaps an off season in the weight room would do him some good, but I just don't think we are going to see that huge leap in performance with him. Boyce is a guy who I think has some real real ability, it would be hugely disappointing if he did nothing in year two.