Edelman - 3 way player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Edelman - 3 way player

I know there was a lot of big time playing tonight but that PR for a TD got me all fired up! The kid can play, makes big tackles on ST and D too.

Glad to see his success after a not so good start to the year, on and off the field.

Way to go Julian!

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Edelman - 3 way player

Agree, Iron man ball all the way. I would be suprised if he wasn't a game ball recipent after the game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think getting him more involved in the game, even on defense, helped his punt returns. he played WIL OLB a few times, kind of spying mccluster. i have a feeling we will see that again next week against philly if vick plays.
    i know people have been down on edelman on this board the past few weeks, but i've always liked him and i'd like to see him a little more involved in the offense. he makes things happen with the ball in his hands.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman - 3 way player:
    i think getting him more involved in the game, even on defense, helped his punt returns. he played WIL OLB a few times, kind of spying mccluster. i have a feeling we will see that again next week against philly if vick plays. i know people have been down on edelman on this board the past few weeks, but i've always liked him and i'd like to see him a little more involved in the offense. he makes things happen with the ball in his hands.
    Posted by artielang

+1.....

Btw, Leads the NFL in punt return yardage????? Did I read that right?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

The 72-yard punt return was a thing of beauty. He put on a clinic on how to set up blocking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Edelman has always shown that intensity and possibility for something explosive.  He's been a perpetually good player, not great, and I personally believe that's due to just some bad luck.  Watching him play is often with a much greater sense of urgency. 

Edleman's a good player on a great offensive team and is often overshadowed by some other players and not provided the opportunities to play with guys like Welker and a proven Woodhead or Branch often pushing him back.  If he was on another team I feel we'd be hearing his name more often.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he can continue to contribute for something to give with this team for the right opportunity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Edelman has always shown that intensity and possibility for something explosive.  He's been a perpetually good player, not great, and I personally believe that's due to just some bad luck.  Watching him play is often with a much greater sense of urgency.  Edleman's a good player on a great offensive team and is often overshadowed by some other players and not provided the opportunities to play with guys like Welker and a proven Woodhead or Branch often pushing him back.  If he was on another team I feel we'd be hearing his name more often. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can continue to contribute for something to give with this team for the right opportunity.
    Posted by Vacilando

Well said Vacilando,

I have heard more than one ex player (Fauria and Brown) say that Edelman picked up the offense faster than anyone they had previously seen. Seems he is also picking up the dime pack on D.
    Smart kid, made a dumb mistake (maybe). Not the first, not the last time.
    Asset to the team in numerous ways. Wouldnt surprise me if he also could step in for Woody or Faulk in a pinch.
    Also, waiting for him on a fake WR end around, and passing down field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

LOL I was waiting for someone to write about him today. Fans are so week to week. Where are all the guys on here who were saying he stinks we should cut him etc etc etc just a couple weeks ago?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He's carving out a nice niche as a jack-of-all-trades.  I thought he was a legit receiver, why he hasn't developed there I don't know.  But a guy who can play offense, defense and special teams is a guy that could have a job here for a long time.  Very good punt returner, and then he's in on the tackle on the kickoff after he scored on the punt return.  That's gotta make BB happy.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I've always liked Edelman. Even when I hated him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

LOL I was waiting for someone to write about him today. Fans are so week to week. Where are all the guys on here who were saying he stinks we should cut him etc etc etc just a couple weeks ago?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

This is so true... a couple weeks ago everyone on here was sure he was going to be cut was ok with it!  I am going to buy a step stool for people to get on and off the bandwagon without fear of falling.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He also hit Tomlinson so hard last week that he quit and took his ball home. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I think he is very well suited as a nickel CB/Safety! I lilke the way he tackles and hits. LT is out this week because of Edleman's hit. And I like the way he tackled on the third down! He seems like enjoying his playing time, as he is not getting enough reps on offence. 

For what ever reason, when I saw him on offence and Brady try to throw it to him, bad things seems to happen! I noticed atleast 2-3 times. Is it just me or someone else notice this?

In short, second coming of Troy (mini)! Long way to go though!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I see Edelman as a polamalu-type player who plays at full speed and has good instincts. 

what do think the chances are he gets a sack next week...blitzing off the edge...?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Surprising...  I thought Edelman had lost his role with the PATS but he's baaaaaaaaaaaack.....  He played last night like a man with something to prove.  Good for him and good for us.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

How can you not like Edelman?  He's a football player; not just a punt returner or a receiver or a utility d-back.  Hope the off the field issue is promptly and correctly resolved and he can move on.  Meanwhile, count me among those who is glad he's a Patriot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

When he fumbled the punt return against the giants I wondered if he was going to fade down the depth chart and out of the league...  He seemed a bit out of it that week after Halloween .

But give the great BB more credit ... He didn't quit on the guy when he was struggling through the issues off the field ... And now look how he's doing.

Is this an underappreciated part of the BB coaching legend...?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

an interesting tidbit, Edleman has more tackles this season playing defense(not special teams) then albert haynesworth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He can also play QB, I'm wondering if they can get him some reps at NT. Maybe he could be the only player in NFL history to play every position.

Sections
Shortcuts