Edelman 4 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman 4 year deal

Nick Underhill @Nick_Underhill 2m

There's that part of it. RT @PatriotsSB49 "It's awesome that I get to be here for another 4 years." - Julian Edelman on @waaf.

Field Yates @FieldYates 26s

In interview with @GregHillWAAF this morning, Patriots WR Julian Edelman says new contract is for 4 years. http://bit.ly/1egM5xA

Curious about the money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Edelman 4 year deal

LOl, awesome TFB.  Thanks for sharing.  Great news! Keep him through his prime. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Info on LaFell contract

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 2m

Closer look at WR Brandon LaFell's 3-year, $9 million contract w/ Patriots, which includes $3 million signing bonus: http://es.pn/1l0v3YN

Wonder why no numbers on Edelman yet?  Very curious what deal he ended up taking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Info on LaFell contract

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 2m

Closer look at WR Brandon LaFell's 3-year, $9 million contract w/ Patriots, which includes $3 million signing bonus: http://es.pn/1l0v3YN

Wonder why no numbers on Edelman yet?  Very curious what deal he ended up taking.

It is indeed curious as to why we haven't yet learned the details of the Edelman deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I bet Julian's deal is 4 years @ 18mil, 6 guaranteed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Makes Amendola very expendable after this season.  It's a make or break season for Amendola.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Makes Amendola very expendable after this season.  It's a make or break season for Amendola.

Good call...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I disagree slightly.  I always viewed Amendola's deal as a 3 year deal.  The last 2 years are where there is a lot of unguaranteed "funny money".  They could cut him after year 2 for some savings, but I'd be surprised tbh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I'll take the odds on his past history and guess "break".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Nick Underhill @Nick_Underhill 5m

Edelman when asked how much his deal is worth: “If I even bring up anything about a contract I will be killed.”

Strange.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Edelman when asked how much his deal is worth: “If I even bring up anything about a contract I will be killed.”

Strange.

Contract leaks are generally "anonymous" and usually by agents.  It doesn't surprise me that Edelman wouldn't answer that question publically when the details aren't available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Strange.

LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Amendola is a better WR than Edelman though, like a much better WR than Edelman. Edelman was just able to stay healthy all season last season, I'm sure if both stay healthy this season, Amendola will surpass Julian on the depth chart.

I'm sure Edelman will find a place on ST as the PR, but I'm expecting his plays in the offense to become more and more limited.

I'm hoping BB got a 4 year, 12 mill deal out of him. It's not like teams were offering much else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

I'll take the odds on his past history and guess "break".

unfortunate but accurate choice of words

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Amendola is a better WR than Edelman though, like a much better WR than Edelman. Edelman was just able to stay healthy all season last season, I'm sure if both stay healthy this season, Amendola will surpass Julian on the depth chart.

I'm sure Edelman will find a place on ST as the PR, but I'm expecting his plays in the offense to become more and more limited.

I'm hoping BB got a 4 year, 12 mill deal out of him. It's not like teams were offering much else.

I have to ask this. If the Pats only wanted Edelman to find a place on special teams would they have given him a 4 year deal? I'm not convinced Amendola is a better receiver. I'll admit he looks smoother in his motions than Edelman, but I don't think he's more athletically gifted. I, like many here, are hoping they will both thrive this season if they can stay on the field. Go Pats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It's my opinion that Amendola is the overall better receiver but has yet to prove it in NE.  Also IMO, Edelman is more versatile and I think that is good bit of what his value is to the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

EEI is saying 4 for 17... 8 gtd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I bet Julian's deal is 4 years @ 18mil, 6 guaranteed. 

Wow I was close!

Patriots re-signed WR Julian Edelman to a four-year, $17 million contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

ugh 4year/17mil 8 gtd. looks like the 3/14 deal just added a year too.

the 4/17 also has 2mil that could be earned incentives

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

B. LaFell is only 3yr/9m. I like him more and more.

thats a cheap contract. cap hits: '14: 2.0M '15: 3.2M '16: 3.8M

this deal looks like he could produce way more than we are paying him imo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yep, as reported by others here..

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 27m

RT @MikeGarafolo WR Julian Edelman's deal w/ Patriots: 4 years, $17m base, $2m more in incentives, $8m guaranteed.

Thoughts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Jody Breeze@Blafell1 37s

I'm gonna have to wear either 10 or 19 #Patriots

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yep, as reported by others here..

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 27m

RT @MikeGarafolo WR Julian Edelman's deal w/ Patriots: 4 years, $17m base, $2m more in incentives, $8m guaranteed.

Thoughts?

little more than i would like. but its not killer especially with the cap rising

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Much better than Amendola's contract by far but given injury history that's a lot of guaranteed and fairly long. I was hoping for 1 year less (the average is fine) and half the guaranteed but it's not a bad contract either. It's one he can play above that contract if healthy so it's a gamble on both sides. Considering the deals they got on the other guys I'm alright with this contract. Not bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I have no problem with it.. hopefully he can stay healthy..

Sections
Shortcuts