Edelman 4 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Edelman 4 year deal

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Much better than Amendola's contract by far but given injury history that's a lot of guaranteed and fairly long. I was hoping for 1 year less (the average is fine) and half the guaranteed but it's not a bad contract either. It's one he can play above that contract if healthy so it's a gamble on both sides. Considering the deals they got on the other guys I'm alright with this contract. Not bad.

[/QUOTE]

You sound cheaper than BB!  Considering what he made last season and his production results, this is an example of getting paid for last season and future potential.  We shall see, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Much better than Amendola's contract by far but given injury history that's a lot of guaranteed and fairly long. I was hoping for 1 year less (the average is fine) and half the guaranteed but it's not a bad contract either. It's one he can play above that contract if healthy so it's a gamble on both sides. Considering the deals they got on the other guys I'm alright with this contract. Not bad.

Amendola's deal is basically 3/16.5 given that he has 12 million in unguaranteed money in the last 2 years.  Is Edelman's contract better?  Yes.  Much better by far?  Idk about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Obviously, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola is a better WR than Edelman though, like a much better WR than Edelman. Edelman was just able to stay healthy all season last season, I'm sure if both stay healthy this season, Amendola will surpass Julian on the depth chart.

I'm sure Edelman will find a place on ST as the PR, but I'm expecting his plays in the offense to become more and more limited.

I'm hoping BB got a 4 year, 12 mill deal out of him. It's not like teams were offering much else.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe if Amendola were able to stay healthy for an entire season he might be a better receiver than Edelman but staying healthy has been a huge issue for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You sound cheaper than BB!  Considering what he made last season and his production results, this is an example of getting paid for last season and future potential.  We shall see, right?

[/QUOTE]

He also was healthy for the first time and 5 years and benefited greatly from being the only WR Brady could through to. And actually considering Gronk was out most of the season and Vereen either had a cast or was out Edelman was essentially the only player Brady could throw to on a regular basis period. He got paid for last season but that's only because there is no one else currently on the roster who we know Brady can throw to that didn't have issues last year. Imo if Brady had two other dependable receivers Edelmans numbers wouldn't be so inflated. We aren't paying as much for future production (again because of injury concerns he's a major gamble) as much as we are paying for being the only guy Brady could count on to get the ball to last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amendola's deal is basically 3/16.5 given that he has 12 million in unguaranteed money in the last 2 years.  Is Edelman's contract better?  Yes.  Much better by far?  Idk about that.

[/QUOTE]

You basically get 1 extra year for $500k the rest of the details aren't fully known but I bet after 3 years if they want to cut Edelman the total spent will be a full year of Amendola's contract lower. So talking apples to apples the difference is 1 mid level year contract lower. To me that far. We aren't talking a mil or two we are talking $4-5mil difference or an extra free year of service. An extra year or $4-5mil back how is that not better by far? That's a 20-25% improvement in contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's my opinion that Amendola is the overall better receiver but has yet to prove it in NE.  Also IMO, Edelman is more versatile and I think that is good bit of what his value is to the team.

[/QUOTE]

I think you are right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Amendola is making more than Edelman.  That's just not right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Bet he wins 1 game this year with a Punt Return, for TD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola is making more than Edelman.  That's just not right.

[/QUOTE]

Prediction: if Danny Amendola plays a full season 100% (big if ), people will forgot who the hell Edelman is and the Welker debate is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm surprised it's that much.  I thought he was going to be more in the 2-3 million per year range.

Rumours continue to circulate that the Pats are trying to trade Amendola.  The team picking him up would be required to pay him $3 million this year and could cut him after the season without incurring any dead money, so that's not too bad.  Pats, though, would be hit with 4.8 million in dead money (either this year or, if they treat Amendola as a post June 1 cut, next year).  It actually increases Amendola's cap cost if they trade him (on the roster, his 2014 cap hit is 4.5 million), but it's far better than cutting him (which causes 6.8 million in dead money) and they may get a late round draft pick that they really could use. 

The question is whether they'll find any takers for a guy that has been injured most of his career and wasn't very impressive late last season.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rumours continue to circulate that the Pats are trying to trade Amendola.  

By anyone that is remotely reputable?  I have yet to see anything to that effect from any of the "mainstream" sources.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

yay

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

By anyone that is remotely reputable?  I have yet to see anything to that effect from any of the "mainstream" sources.

[/QUOTE]

The mainstream sources haven't reported anything on this since the beginning of March.  My guess is that Pats are open to offers but haven't gotten any.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is still lots of talk going on about Amendola cap situation.  Speculation still strong on cut/trade.  I don't see it but the talk just isn't going away.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 1h

Once again, Amendola's 2014 cap hit is $4.6 million. If the Pats cut or trade him, it becomes $4.8 million.

PatsFans.com @PatsFans 1h

Danny Amendola - Cap Scenarios - Updated on March 18th...http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=333?sc=t  (By:@PatsCap)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

TFB real good link on DA scenarios. thanks for posting!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

These are phenomenal deals the GM has pulled off. The Revis deal is a steal for 1 year of a top 5 CB in NFL history's.....prime.

The Browner deal is fully protected and he only earns if he performs.

The Lafell deal is 3 years at 9 mill and no hit to cut him after this season just in case. That is a good deal for a veteran receiver just entering his prime, on any level.

And now the Edelman deal is the gem, as we lock up our lead 100 catch receiver and 1 of the best punt returners in history for only 8 million guaranteed. I am willing to bet Julian turned dow a bit more to come back to N.E and play for Bill and Tommy....just like Revis did.

Looks like the Patriot way still lives in Foxboro. Choke on it haters!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are phenomenal deals the GM has pulled off. The Revis deal is a steal for 1 year of a top 5 CB in NFL history's.....prime.

The Browner deal is fully protected and he only earns if he performs.

The Lafell deal is 3 years at 9 mill and no hit to cut him after this season just in case. That is a good deal for a veteran receiver just entering his prime, on any level.

And now the Edelman deal is the gem, as we lock up our lead 100 catch receiver and 1 of the best punt returners in history for only 8 million guaranteed. I am willing to bet Julian turned dow a bit more to come back to N.E and play for Bill and Tommy....just like Revis did.

Looks like the Patriot way still lives in Foxboro. Choke on it haters!

[/QUOTE]

In all honesty I am shocked at the lack of media coverage of this move being a major bomb dropped by BB.

This is not really different than BB making the Moss move in 2007. It shook the world.  This changes the entire landscape as well.

Meanwhile, the media is having this odd love affair with Elway making mistake after mistake.

I have never seen the greatest at what they do in any sport in history be so maligned or ignored.  BB is just that. It's almost like the media cannot be honest. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

Be Honest Ever....Travis Bean....Are you the TURD aka Deadhead aka Rusty, the most DESPISED person on this Board!!!!!