Edelman and DA = Welker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Edelman and DA = Welker?

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130927-edelman-jones-are-different-but-the-same.ece

"Interestingly, Edelman and Amendola have combined for 37 receptions playing out of Wes Welker’s old slot position. That’s exactly the same number Welker had through three games last season."

Who ever would have thought that 7th round quarterback would ever had had success changing to a WR position and becoming a part of the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Edelman and DA = Welker?

In response to anonymis' comment:

Who ever would have thought that 7th round quarterback would ever had had success changing to a WR position and becoming a part of the team?

Bill Belichick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

Bill Belichick.

Agreed! For all the bashing BB gets around here for missed picks in the early rounds, I choose to look at the nobody's he picks up and turns into solid football players. There's always a few of them every year and it's really nice to see. I bet he likes those projects more himself because it gives him more opportunities to coach and probably gives him players who are hungry to learn and make it in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh boy. 

Belichick couldn't have picked the QB from Michigan in the sixth round with the thought of, "This guy is going to be one of the best ever."  If he thought that, he would have taken him earlier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am pretty sure Edelman has exceeded any and all expectations BB ever had for him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

So I'm confused, both Edelman and Amendola combined have the same numbers as one player last season?

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

ended men must be quick enough to be the punt returner he is

Go back to BBs football life. He was kidding WW about him taking WW place. When rJE played DB -right then I knew that JE was a football player. I still do not understand why he was on the outside last soring, but I could not imagine him not on the team

Am I wrong, or is JE also playing on the outside which WW didnt do as well?

jA can also play outside. they may both have better hands?

And now I'm waiting to see this Davis kid at SS

Think we all get starry eyed with name players . But great players do come out of small schools and get passed over. anybody who gets toan Nfl camp is a great athlete. We just don't know if they fit the system and are enough a afoot all player and not just Combine heroes

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am pretty sure Edelman has exceeded any and all expectations BB ever had for him

Beyond that. BB is a smart fellow but he had not a clue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

So I'm confused, both Edelman and Amendola combined have the same numbers as one player last season?

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Yeah, why use one roster spot and one salary for that production when you could use two?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This is a tough crowd.  So Edleman leads the league in receptions?  Yeah, that's pretty bad.  What a stiff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Who cares about last year. In 2013:

Edelman    27  201  7.4  2

Welker       19  190  10.0  4

Amendola   10  104  10.4  0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There is no question for me that I would rather have a healthy amendola and Edelman than Wes and Edelman. The former is much more diverse than the latter, especially with Gronk and Vereen. 

I can now see bb's brilliance in terms of what he is wanting to create. The issue is his plan has been sidelined for the moment because of injuries. A heathly squad is better than last years group and, much tougher to defend. Hopefully Edelman and the rooks can keep the train rolling until the offense gets these guys back and realizes its full potential. the key is keeping pace in the AFC and with the fins until the plan can be operationalized and getting through the 3 week gauntlet ahead.

Sections
Shortcuts