Edelman and the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Edelman and the draft

We all know that Edelman has been a great pickup in the 7th round for the Pats. Do you think Edelman's success is more about the offensive system he's playing in? Also if the 2009 draft was re-done tomorrow, would Edelman be taken higher and what round? I think a low 2nd rounder is where I'd place him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Edelman and the draft

Yes to higher, guessing 3rd Rd

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Edelman has been a great pickup. Which rookie WR has really stood out this year?  Only a few, maybe Harvin, Crabtree. 

Look at the guy the Raiders drafted in the top 10, hes absolutely horrendous. Edelman missed so many games and has 4 times as much receptions and yards as Heyward-Bey.  The guy is another Charles Rogers and Mike Williams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

The fact that he was drafted at all is testament to what they thought of him.  I'm sure he has developed beyond their expectations for 2009.  Reason he didn't go higher is $$.  You can't draft a project that high up.  Granted you can say anyone is techically a project, but some or less so than others (i.e.  Vollmer).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Who would you rather have knowing what you know now, Edelman or Darius Hayward-Bey?  With the answer to that is the reason I think he could have been a late 1st or early 2nd rounder.
    yes I know he was reached for (Bey) but he was a 1st round projection mid to late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would not spend a first on either knowing what I know now

Sections
Shortcuts