Edelman and the Patriots are working on a contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Edelman and the Patriots are working on a contract

According to Jason LaConfora, the two parties are trying to get a deal done as of 12:05 this morning... Keep your fingers crossed people!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Edelman and the Patriots are working on a contract

Hopefully it doesn't reach 5 mill per year. I like Edelman but we don't need him to be that expensive either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's a better option than bringing in another guy who doesn't know TB. Maybe they throw a bonus that's spread out over the length so they can skirt the cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Here's to them getting together on this one. I hope it is for four years. And I think we will be happy with Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce as well.

Just get us a stud Center and a stud to anchor the DL (and a #2 TE) and if this team is healthy tthey go all the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Edelman has shopped himself around and now he's back with the Pats.  He knows the system.

Too bad they can't dump Amendola somehow but they made a mistake last year and are paying for it.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe   57m

Pats and Edelman still talking. Basically the same deal we've known since he turned down Tuesday's offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I would give him the same contract Amendola got, but with more guaranteed, and less on the books this year.  That way next year when Amendola goes bye bye, Edelmans cap hit increases. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would give him the same contract Amendola got, but with more guaranteed, and less on the books this year.  That way next year when Amendola goes bye bye, Edelmans cap hit increases. 

[/QUOTE] I don'y know why but somewheres deep down in my stomach I get this feeling that we haven't seen BB's best moves yet this offseason! You know how when you were a kid and one of the neighborhood kids was always pulling pranks one seemingly more thought out than the last? Well thats the feeling I'm getting from BB. Even if #75 leaves he's going to plug the hole, the same would hold true with Edelman, but he likes them both, and I genuinely believe that he would like them both to get that ring, same with Revis, i think BB considers him his greatest adversary, and like my daddy told me me when I was a wee lad "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy even closer" in this case  they are now joining forces and it should be fun to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't deserve what Amendola got...neither did Amendola.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I don'y know why but somewheres deep down in my stomach I get this feeling that we haven't seen BB's best moves yet this offseason! You know how when you were a kid and one of the neighborhood kids was always pulling pranks one seemingly more thought out than the last? Well thats the feeling I'm getting from BB. Even if #75 leaves he's going to plug the hole, the same would hold true with Edelman, but he likes them both, and I genuinely believe that he would like them both to get that ring, same with Revis, i think BB considers him his greatest adversary, and like my daddy told me me when I was a wee lad "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy even closer" in this case  they are now joining forces and it should be fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

That feeling could be the Lombardi factor. BB is the kind of control freak that needs somebody to tell him when he is going off the deep end with a strategy. A sanity check. Lombardi may be that. Lombardi may be posing the big picture and BB digs into the details. That way BB's ability to super analyze the details doesn't end up having him miss the forest for the trees. In any case it seems far more than a coincidence that BB beings in a trusted personnel guy from the old days and suddenly he is making the dramatic moves many have been urging for a long time. It simply seems unfathomable that BB would bring in such a personnel guy and have him "assist coaches".

It could be something as simple as Lombardi being asked to to a report on the history of BB's free agent moves and Lombardi reporting that BB has spent a ton of money on a large number of rinkey-dink players with little impact and recommending that he pool that money into just a few higher caliber players.

If we see big changes in the drafting strategy as well, we can be pretty sure that Lombardi is the help we have been asking BB to get for years regarding incoming personnel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like to see JE back.  Think we'd have a pretty respectable receiver corps with his return.  Perhaps adding a bigger vet wideout.   The way things are going this year, ya nevah know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

need to help TB!  Can't get rid of his best WR two years in a row....I feel they still need someone else outside the numbers though, plus a pass rusher....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That feeling could be the Lombardi factor. BB is the kind of control freak that needs somebody to tell him when he is going off the deep end with a strategy. A sanity check. Lombardi may be that. Lombardi may be posing the big picture and BB digs into the details. That way BB's ability to super analyze the details doesn't end up having him miss the forest for the trees. In any case it seems far more than a coincidence that BB beings in a trusted personnel guy from the old days and suddenly he is making the dramatic moves many have been urging for a long time. It simply seems unfathomable that BB would bring in such a personnel guy and have him "assist coaches".

It could be something as simple as Lombardi being asked to to a report on the history of BB's free agent moves and Lombardi reporting that BB has spent a ton of money on a large number of rinkey-dink players with little impact and recommending that he pool that money into just a few higher caliber players.

If we see big changes in the drafting strategy as well, we can be pretty sure that Lombardi is the help we have been asking BB to get for years regarding incoming personnel.

[/QUOTE]

Agree babe! +1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

JE's offer is going to have to be a pretty good offer or he may revisit some other intereted parties figuring BB was unwilling to pay him Amendola money.

He worked for less than $1 M last year---an up front sweet signing bonus  might bring him into the fold.

A WR, Kick Returner and an Emergency QB---is a valuable commodity in one package--definitely worth as much as, if not more than Amendola.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Heard the Pats offer to JE was 3/$15, and JE was told it will be in place for only a short while, that he should go shop around and get back to the Pats quickly. 

Also hearing the SF situation is more in the 2/$8 range...Texans trying to also set something up with JE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Doesn't Amendola possibly deserve another year considering he played hurt all season for the most part? Are we too quick to dismiss his possible contributions to the team? Just thinking out loud here...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

need to help TB!  Can't get rid of his best WR two years in a row....I feel they still need someone else outside the numbers though, plus a pass rusher....

[/QUOTE]

And A stout Def. Tackle Guard/Center  and #2 TE

#2 TE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And A stout Def. Tackle Guard/Center  and #2 TE

#2 TE

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about the TE. I think they address the position in the draft but if Gronk is down for considerable time like last year I wonder how much it would cost to bring in a guy like Owen Daniels. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doesn't Amendola possibly deserve another year considering he played hurt all season for the most part? Are we too quick to dismiss his possible contributions to the team? Just thinking out loud here...

[/QUOTE]
    Good point. Plus it doesn't make $en$e to cut him due to cap implications.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Now that Baltimore has signed Steve Smith, and Cleveland has inked Hawkins, resigning with the Patriots may be the last, best opportunity for Jules.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about the TE. I think they address the position in the draft but if Gronk is down for considerable time like last year I wonder how much it would cost to bring in a guy like Owen Daniels. 

[/QUOTE]

Daniels is productive but he misses as much time as Gronk. I said in another thread, sign him and start the season with him and by the time he gets hurt, Gronk will be coming off the PUP list. Thing is, I wasn't joking.

Since Gronk came into the league, he's played in 50 of 64 RS games, Daniels played in 46 of 64.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I sort of surprised a team like Cincy who has tons of cap space wouldn't overpay some for a player like JE. It would give Dalton a reliable check down option and open up the field a little more for A J Green.

Hope the Pats and JE can work something out that makes sense for both sides.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Daniels is productive but he misses as much time as Gronk. I said in another thread, sign him and start the season with him and by the time he gets hurt, Gronk will be coming off the PUP list. Thing is, I wasn't joking.

Since Gronk came into the league, he's played in 50 of 64 RS games, Daniels played in 46 of 64.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt Daniels is an injury waiting to happen but I think they need a veteran type TE until Gronk comes off PUP. Is there any other veteran out there worth taking a look at?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lmao at everything

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's to them getting together on this one. I hope it is for four years. And I think we will be happy with Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce as well.

Just get us a stud Center and a stud to anchor the DL (and a #2 TE) and if this team is healthy tthey go all the way.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Dobson with the stress fracture in his foot. He is a medical risk until proven otherwise

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now that Baltimore has signed Steve Smith, and Cleveland has inked Hawkins, resigning with the Patriots may be the last, best opportunity for Jules.

[/QUOTE]

BB knew the market....again....oh no, it was Lombardi!!! LOL!!!

Sections
Shortcuts