Edelman and Welker

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Edelman and Welker

I agree that Edelman has been lights out so far. More than I thought he would and I am happy. 

However. Are you comparing Edelman and welker? Is this fair?

in terms of money, Danny and Wes are more comparable. The pats gave Danny the money they would pay welker and Edelman got nothing in comparison. Meaning, we could have had both Edelman and welker. I think Danny is the fair comparison in terms of cap allocation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I agree that Edelman has been lights out so far. More than I thought he would and I am happy. 

in terms of money, Danny and Wes are more comparable. The pats gave Danny the money they would pay welker and Edelman got nothing in comparison. Meaning, we could have had both Edelman and welker. I think Danny is the fair comparison in terms of cap allocation.

Valid. Apples to lobster. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman has been good but give me a complete season before any comparisons being made.  Amendola is a poor man's Wes Welker, Edelman is a poor man's Danny Amendola.  Edelman has had several drops so far in 2 games so I hope nobody makes the silly comments about Welker drops.  It's crazy to say this but Edelman is the best WR the Pats have.  Never thought I would say that.   Hoped I would never have to say that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apples to Lobsters, hahahahahaha!!  Unfortunately, that is correct.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually it's hands to hands  not "Apples to lobster". At least that is what I read the original premise to be.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

PatsLifer is also incorrect in saying Welker is the more versatile WR over Amendola. That is false because Welker is only effective in short range and inside the hashes.

So, if Edelman is rivaling Welker's production or diversified use in the offense with less talent around him for now, why would Amendola at 6 million, Edelman at 1, Welker at 6, be so vastly different?

Give me the younger, more diverse and superior skill sets over the one, older and limited, exclusive slot WR in Welker.

Amendola is more than a slot WR if you have been paying attention, as is Edelman.

So, 7 million for 2 players who can be effective in more than 1 spot.  That is the key here.

We've lost SBs and playoff games because teams knew where Welker would be lining up and could just ignore his presecence on routes on the perimeter to widen the field.

Get it?

Jesus, are some of you this obtuse when it comes to why we lost those games?

Welker had 3 drops tonight, where if the Giants didn't fumble at the goal line, or the TE didn't fall down, those 14 points may have shown his drops to be more costly than it ended up.

Hello Houston, I think we lost our signal!

i never said welker is more versatile than Danny. I can recall numerous posts agreeing that Danny can line up in multiple positions UNLIKE welker. Never said that Russ.

i will go on record here for what it's worth. I would rather have a healthy amendola and Edelman than welker and Edelman. However, the one thing those if us were skeptical about in regards to Danny...his health, is proving us correct. You can't compare a guy who can suit up and a guy who cannot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PatsLifer is also incorrect in saying Welker is the more versatile WR over Amendola. That is false because Welker is only effective in short range and inside the hashes.

So, if Edelman is rivaling Welker's production or diversified use in the offense with less talent around him for now, why would Amendola at 6 million, Edelman at 1, Welker at 6, be so vastly different?

Give me the younger, more diverse and superior skill sets over the one, older and limited, exclusive slot WR in Welker.

Amendola is more than a slot WR if you have been paying attention, as is Edelman.

So, 7 million for 2 players who can be effective in more than 1 spot.  That is the key here.

We've lost SBs and playoff games because teams knew where Welker would be lining up and could just ignore his presecence on routes on the perimeter to widen the field.

Get it?

Jesus, are some of you this obtuse when it comes to why we lost those games?

Welker had 3 drops tonight, where if the Giants didn't fumble at the goal line, or the TE didn't fall down, those 14 points may have shown his drops to be more costly than it ended up.

Hello Houston, I think we lost our signal!

i never said welker is more versatile than Danny. I can recall numerous posts agreeing that Danny can line up in multiple positions UNLIKE welker. Never said that Russ.

i will go on record here for what it's worth. I would rather have a healthy amendola and Edelman than welker and Edelman. However, the one thing those if us were skeptical about in regards to Danny...his health, is proving us correct. You can't compare a guy who can suit up and a guy who cannot. 

[/QUOTE]

But you are trying to make this a Welker vs Amendola argument when Amendola wasn't even mentioned in the original post.  Edelman has played better than Welker so far this year. That is what the OP stated and if you can't dipute that then don't bring another player into the discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You know what rust? I am now convinced that you don't even watch football. Anyone who thinks one of the most injury prone players on the Patriots (Edelman) can replace Welker's production, not only doesn't watch football, but is insane. I like what Edelamn has done...I think he has improved...I've said he looks like our best offensive weapon to this point, but if anything is guaranteed, it's that Edelman will get injured.

Thank heavens we have Bill Belichick the coach to make up for Bill Belichick the GM...Brady too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You know what rust? I am now convinced that you don't even watch football. Anyone who thinks one of the most injury prone players on the Patriots (Edelman) can replace Welker's production, not only doesn't watch football, but is insane. I like what Edelamn has done...I think he has improved...I've said he looks like our best offensive weapon to this point, but if anything is guaranteed, it's that Edelman will get injured.

Thank heavens we have Bill Belichick the coach to make up for Bill Belichick the GM...Brady too.

Another thing that is guaranteed is Welker will drop another game winning pass.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, please let Edelman complete at least 1 full season before comparing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least he'll play in a game to drop one..more than we can say for Amendola...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least he'll play in a game to drop one..more than we can say for Amendola...

[/QUOTE]

This thread isn't about Amendola so why bring it up?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts