Edelman Back???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Edelman Back???

I still think we can upgrade Edelman. Maybe he's the backup QB if Mallet gets traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Patriots hang onto Julian Edelman Posted by Darin Gantt on April 10, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT New England Patriots v New York JetsGetty Images

On the same day the Patriots signed one receiver to an offer sheet, they reached a deal with one of their own.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, wide receiver Julian Edeman will re-sign with the Patriots today, on a one-year deal.

Edelman visited with the Giants, before deciding to stay home. He’s always teased with his talent and versatility, but hasn’t played 16 games in a season yet.

The Patriots have stocked up on wideouts this offseason, using their traditional fling-them-against-the-wall-and-see-what sticks approach. The big add wasDanny Amendola, but Donald Jones and Michael Jenkins will be around for a chance to catch passes from Tom Brady, even if the Steelers match the offer toEmmanuel Sanders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

I herd this too. Now our Receiving core doesnt look so bad with Edelman and Sanders

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

if so I think this is great news! If he can stay on the field he is very valuble as PR and a 3rd or 4th WR.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Love Edelman.  Very diverse skill set and tough attitude.  I'm sure the cap hit won't be too bad.  He'll be used a lot more in the slot this year and I think he can be very effective if he can stay healthy.  Welcome back, Julian!

Hey rkarp, I thought he was signing with the Giants?  (hehe just giving you a hard time man)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gotta love having Edelman back.  Yeah, I know the guy gets dinged up but man he leaves it all out there on the field and brings a pretty diverse set of skills with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Tough guy who knows the system and can run the bubble screens, return punts, but I dont see him as much of a real outside WR. Now he wont be forced to try to be one. None of the guys we have now have been Mr. Durablilty but atleast we have a plethora of them and now just have to hope they dont get hurt at the same time. If Edleman is used Sparingly like he should, he may be ok. Tell him to get what he can and go down. No need to try to turn every 5 yard catch into a TD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Glad to have Julie back. 

Amendola, Sanders, Julie, Jones, Slater > Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch and Slater. 

Younger, faster, stronger WRs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good to have someone back who knows the system to fill in, just in case.  The Pats seemed high on him going into last season. Hope he can stay healthy and on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hopefully we wait till the playoffs start before we play him.  I'm not a believer in his WR abilities but he's a dynamic punt returner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Hopefully we wait till the playoffs start before we play him.  I'm not a believer in his WR abilities but he's a dynamic punt returner.

I'm a believer in his WR talent, but I love him as a PR even more. Edelman on PRs and Leon Washington on KRs is the best ST unit we've had in years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

brady any mcdanielwelcome eldeman back

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'm a believer in his WR talent, but I love him as a PR even more. Edelman on PRs and Leon Washington on KRs is the best ST unit we've had in years. 

Maybe best ever.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I look forward to watching Edelman for the first 10 snaps of pre-season....then he gets hurt and goes on IR for the year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Glad to have Julie back. 

Amendola, Sanders, Julie, Jones, Slater > Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch and Slater. 

Younger, faster, stronger WRs. 

Well to be fair Slater has caught only 1 reg season pass back in 2011 so I don't think he really belongs on the list.

Certainly not adding an all star receiver core here but one that could work well in this offense if all can remain healthy.  The key is getting Sanders.  Not sure Jones will be a team lock here.  The new receiving core is certainly younger but they really lack in the dependability category compared to last seasons list.  One thing for sure is BB keeps things very interesting.  I'm ready for the season to start already!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

POW.

Great resign by BB. Absolutely putting on a clinic.

Babe, Pezzy and Hurl on the watch.

Yes lets all bow to the greatness of BB for being able to re-sign his qb/wr that noone else wanted. I should have heeded those warnings huh?

When will  you come up off your knees, and stop praying to that BB altar. We all like the signing because he can play s/t, he is tough and we need bodies but l dont think anyone is on the watch because BB signed a jag.

TFB, can you find a pic of Rusty and show him praying to the new Pope Cardinal BB for me, that would be hilarious

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So between Edelman, Jones, and Amendola we can get a full seasons worth of games. I kid, but if we don't get Sanders (Pit matches) I'm not sure Vegas would even put odds down on at least 2 of 3 not getting injured this season. Personally imo if they get Sanders they will still add another WR in the draft and the drafted kid, Sanders, and Amendola will be the only locks with Jones and Edelman fighting it up for the 4th/5th WR spot and see which one doesn't break in camp, then the other will be on speed dial when the other gets hurt

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts