Edelman Back???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Edelman Back???

According to ESPN Boston, newly re-signed Julian Edelman "opened eyes" with his Patriots teammates and coaches last season, specifically by improving his straight-line speed.

Per reporter Mike Reiss, it was part of the reason the Pats rewarded Edelman with more snaps in two-receiver sets early last season. They also believe he's improved as a blocker. Reiss projects Edelman as a top-four option at wideout in 2013, and "maybe even top-3." Before Edelman can emerge as a sneaky fantasy option, he's going to have to prove he can stay healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Love Edelman.  Very diverse skill set and tough attitude.  I'm sure the cap hit won't be too bad.  He'll be used a lot more in the slot this year and I think he can be very effective if he can stay healthy.  Welcome back, Julian!

Hey rkarp, I thought he was signing with the Giants?  (hehe just giving you a hard time man)

you see, this is why everyone thinks you are Rusty using a different name. I never, ever said that.

I said the Giants made him an offer. And tell that alter ego of yours the other Rusty that a player can leave a city with out an offer, and then the team gets back to the agent with an offer, happens all the time.

What I specifically said, was that the Giants made an offer, and Edelman was allowing the Pats to counter. The time frame given was 24-72 hours. I posted that on Monday, and today is Wednesday...

I have Rusty on ignore, but I am sure he will spin it that he called this signing 2 weeks ago when he was meeting with BB...

I have to say the board is a lot more enjoyable with him on ignore, but I do see some of his comments when he replies to others...I see he is still following me around like a little poodle 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Love Edelman.  Very diverse skill set and tough attitude.  I'm sure the cap hit won't be too bad.  He'll be used a lot more in the slot this year and I think he can be very effective if he can stay healthy.  Welcome back, Julian!

Hey rkarp, I thought he was signing with the Giants?  (hehe just giving you a hard time man)

you see, this is why everyone thinks you are Rusty using a different name. I never, ever said that.

I said the Giants made him an offer. And teel that alter ego of yours the other Rusty that a player can leave a city with out an offer, and then the team gets back to the agent with an offer, happens all the time.

What I specifically said, was that the Giants made an offer, and Edelman was allowing the Pats to counter. The time frame given was 24-72 hours. I posted that on Monday, and today is Friday...

I have Rusty on ignore, but I am sure he will spin it that he called this signing 2 weeks ago when he was meeting with BB...

I have to say the board is a lot more enjoyable with him on ignore, but I do see some of his comments when he replies to others...I see he is still following me around like a little poodle 

He left without an offer. You're wrong.

You are so annoying. 

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2013/04/julian-edelman-leaves-visit-with-giants-without-a-deal-2501696.html

do you understand english?

that a player can leave a city with out an offer, and then the team gets back to the agent with an offer, happens all the time.

now, back to ignore you TROLL!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I said the Giants made him an offer. And teel that alter ego of yours the other Rusty that a player can leave a city with out an offer, and then the team gets back to the agent with an offer, happens all the time.

What I specifically said, was that the Giants made an offer, and Edelman was allowing the Pats to counter. The time frame given was 24-72 hours. I posted that on Monday, and today is Friday...

He left without an offer. You're wrong.

You are so annoying. 

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2013/04/julian-edelman-leaves-visit-with-giants-without-a-deal-2501696.html

do you understand english?

that a player can leave a city with out an offer, and then the team gets back to the agent with an offer, happens all the time.

now, back to ignore you TROLL!!

You just got caught. No one else responded to me for you to see my comments, so you don't have me on Ignore.

You're a terrible liar.  LOL.

You try to get cute and then you lie.  Hilarious.

As far as an offer AFTER someone leaves, that's VERY unlikely in Edelman's case with NY knowing NE wanted him back.

He left without an offer.   Period.

Dumbkoff, I took you off ignore because you are following me around like a poodle...when was Sanders brought in? When was an offer made to Sanders?

Now I will put you back to ignore you troll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

POW.

Great resign by BB. Absolutely putting on a clinic.

Babe, Pezzy and Hurl on the watch.

Yes lets all bow to the greatness of BB for being able to re-sign his qb/wr that noone else wanted. I should have heeded those warnings huh?

When will  you come up off your knees, and stop praying to that BB altar. We all like the signing because he can play s/t, he is tough and we need bodies but l dont think anyone is on the watch because BB signed a jag.

TFB, can you find a pic of Rusty and show him praying to the new Pope Cardinal BB for me, that would be hilarious

What is your problem?  I wanted Edelman back, so I can't enjoy my team, my GM, doing so?

I fully realize only the Giants interviewed him which is why I felt he could be brought back for cheap. It's a win/win.

What would be hilarious is a picture of you dealing drugs from your front door with your framed GED in the background.

I dont have a GED, I have a diploma and havent you ever heard the expression "dont sh*t it in your own yard" ??  Thats what blocks are for!  lol

lighten up Francis. Its perfectly fine for you to be excited but to act like BB is putting on a clinic because of signing Edleman is well, not surprising from you I guess. Im sorry to have ruined your moment. I will go back to slanging these nicks on the block!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

According to ESPN Boston, newly re-signed Julian Edelman "opened eyes" with his Patriots teammates and coaches last season, specifically by improving his straight-line speed.

Per reporter Mike Reiss, it was part of the reason the Pats rewarded Edelman with more snaps in two-receiver sets early last season. They also believe he's improved as a blocker. Reiss projects Edelman as a top-four option at wideout in 2013, and "maybe even top-3." Before Edelman can emerge as a sneaky fantasy option, he's going to have to prove he can stay healthy.

Look at the first half he had vs Baltimore before Reed went helmet to helmet in the end zone.

They couldn't cover him on the flank.

I recall the playoff loss win 2 years ago vs Bmore. Edleman couldnt seperate for Sh*t and was the cause of an INT but I do thnk he has improved his speed but he is a ways away from a real # 2 and i would like him to be used sparingly to maintain health. Jones, Amendola and Sanders are all better options to play outside. Edleman is fragile and so he just be sprinkled in as a gimmick player IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Im glad this signing happened. Now the patriots have depth at both the slot and ick/punt return positions. Edleman IMO was actually a big and key signing.

Now lets see what happens with the tender to the WR from Pittsburgh.............I honestly don't care which way this goes. Since you know its for around 2-4 million, if we get him, fine.....but if not, I have no probs keeping the 3rd round pick.

If we do sign him, that basically leaves 4 picks. 1 for a cornerback, one for a WR, and the last 2 could be used for projects on the O and D line............works for me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

So between Edelman, Jones, and Amendola we can get a full seasons worth of games. I kid, but if we don't get Sanders (Pit matches) I'm not sure Vegas would even put odds down on at least 2 of 3 not getting injured this season. Personally imo if they get Sanders they will still add another WR in the draft and the drafted kid, Sanders, and Amendola will be the only locks with Jones and Edelman fighting it up for the 4th/5th WR spot and see which one doesn't break in camp, then the other will be on speed dial when the other gets hurt

yup

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

Im glad this signing happened. Now the patriots have depth at both the slot and ick/punt return positions. Edleman IMO was actually a big and key signing.

Now lets see what happens with the tender to the WR from Pittsburgh.............I honestly don't care which way this goes. Since you know its for around 2-4 million, if we get him, fine.....but if not, I have no probs keeping the 3rd round pick.

If we do sign him, that basically leaves 4 picks. 1 for a cornerback, one for a WR, and the last 2 could be used for projects on the O and D line............works for me.

i agree with the corner and wr need. but pass rusher need is higher than cb need, so its de and wr with first 2 picks (if lsoe sanders) otherwise its de wr, then wr or cb for me

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Look at the first half he had vs Baltimore before Reed went helmet to helmet in the end zone.

I recall the playoff loss win 2 years ago vs Bmore. Edleman couldnt seperate for Sh*t and was the cause of an INT but I do thnk he has improved his speed but he is a ways away from a real # 2 and i would like him to be used sparingly to maintain health. Jones, Amendola and Sanders are all better options to play outside. Edleman is fragile and so he just be sprinkled in as a gimmick player IMO.

What?

"playoff loss win"?

Edelman was fantastic in the Baltimore game in Balt in 2012 (before the illgeal helmet hit that wasn't called by Reed) and was actually our BEST player on the field in the 2009 playoff game loss to Baltimore.

I still rememeber him willing himself about 8 yards to the sticks on 3rd or 4th down, to get that 1st down.

He was the only one with Faulk who looked to even care.

If you're talking about the Webb int down the seam, that was Webb making a great play.  Edelman gets plenty of separation with his footwork, but no one is thinking he's some great WR either.

And I am talking about neither of those games. I am referring to the win where we tried to force the ball to him. I am agreeing that he improved his speed from the point he couldnt seperate to the point of him being able to. I dont compare that to 2009 where he played Wes' slot role due to injury and getting open vs Linebackers over the middle and trying to break free from a CB outside are night and day so I wont go there. All in all, I dont think I value him as much as an outside WR like you do. In the slot, its easy for him to beat a backer but the question is HOW LONG would he last doing that? I just see him more as a special teams player that helps out on offense occasionaly.  A Josh Cribbs, if you will but nothing more and he hasnt proven more than that, IMO yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In the Turkey Day roast of the Jets the 56 seconds of he!! was capped off by Edelman's mid-air fumble recovery for a TD.  Of course this highlight is often lost in the buttcheek of the prior TD, and rightfully so.  Pats ST went downhill after his injury.  He's good on both sides of the ball on ST.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good to have someone back who knows the system to fill in, just in case.  The Pats seemed high on him going into last season. Hope he can stay healthy and on the field.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Think about it, we really have no receivers returning from last year's team...not very comforting knowing how much we like to throw the ball. Edelman at least knows the system - if Gronk is going to miss more time we are going to need someone out there running the right routes at least.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

no big gain here with edelman ,the steelers will match our offer for sanders,which means our offense remains the same, we need a home run receiver who cantake  it to the house, catch a 50 yard pass and turn it into a touchdown

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

no big gain here with edelman ,the steelers will match our offer for sanders,which means our offense remains the same

Well if the offense remains the same that isn't so bad considering they are currently the #1 offense in the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

no big gain here with edelman ,the steelers will match our offer for sanders,which means our offense remains the same,when was the last time we won a superbowl?let alone getting to one

Well if the offense remains the same that isn't so bad considering they are currently the #1 offense in the NFL.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

So between Edelman, Jones, and Amendola we can get a full seasons worth of games. I kid, but if we don't get Sanders (Pit matches) I'm not sure Vegas would even put odds down on at least 2 of 3 not getting injured this season. Personally imo if they get Sanders they will still add another WR in the draft and the drafted kid, Sanders, and Amendola will be the only locks with Jones and Edelman fighting it up for the 4th/5th WR spot and see which one doesn't break in camp, then the other will be on speed dial when the other gets hurt

There is no way a draft pick, even a first rounder, bounces anyone from the roster unless they earn their spot. Granted a rookie is given some leeway in terms of development and learning the system but in terms of ability and projected value they will have to earn it. Edleman has an advantage in that he is a very good PR as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

no big gain here with edelman ,the steelers will match our offer for sanders,which means our offense remains the samewhen was the last time we won a super bowl?when was the last time we won a superbowl?let alone getting to one

So the offense which has been prolific for the better part of a decade is the issue? You don't think the D which has been consistantly ranked in the middle of the pack to the bottom of the league in certain categories is a problem?

BTW, they went to the SB 2 years ago and have played in 5 over the last 12 years.

That SB they went to 2 years ago the O was ranked 2nd in total offense the D... 31st in total D

yes we do need the pasrusher,and the corner back,it would help to have that homerun receiver,our short yard passing game,has been noticed,and teams were double covering welker,and forceing us to throw the long ball

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What?

"playoff loss win"?

Edelman was fantastic in the Baltimore game in Balt in 2012 (before the illgeal helmet hit that wasn't called by Reed) and was actually our BEST player on the field in the 2009 playoff game loss to Baltimore.

I still rememeber him willing himself about 8 yards to the sticks on 3rd or 4th down, to get that 1st down.

He was the only one with Faulk who looked to even care.

If you're talking about the Webb int down the seam, that was Webb making a great play.  Edelman gets plenty of separation with his footwork, but no one is thinking he's some great WR either.

And I am talking about neither of those games. I am referring to the win where we tried to force the ball to him. I am agreeing that he improved his speed from the point he couldnt seperate to the point of him being able to. I dont compare that to 2009 where he played Wes' slot role due to injury and getting open vs Linebackers over the middle and trying to break free from a CB outside are night and day so I wont go there. All in all, I dont think I value him as much as an outside WR like you do. In the slot, its easy for him to beat a backer but the question is HOW LONG would he last doing that? I just see him more as a special teams player that helps out on offense occasionaly.  A Josh Cribbs, if you will but nothing more and he hasnt proven more than that, IMO yet.

Josh cribbs is a good comparison, and I think this should be edelmans role going forward...not trying to make him into a welker clone Or number 2 or 3 WR. As a number 4 using him on offense maybe 5-7 plays a game is what I mean... I would rather see Hern, danny, Vereen in the slot...Edelman is especially adept at screens and finding running room using his quickness in traffic...same type of skill returning punts...he is more quick than fast, makes good cuts, knows when to accelerate and decelerate...

Sections
Shortcuts