Edelman broke his arm//////

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Edelman broke his arm//////

Bad break at receiver: Patriots rookie Julian Edelman suffers a broken arm

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2009/10/20/bad-break-at-receiver-patriots-rookie-julian-edelman-suffers-a-broken-arm/

EdelmanPatriots receiver Julian Edelman has suffered a broken arm, The Herald has learned.

That’s a bad, um, break for Edelman, the rookie who had been battling for that third receiver spot with Sam Aiken. The former Kent State quarterback had been impressive since camp.

He was not at practice today. Interestingly, the team still cut Joey Galloway with this going on.

Edelman had 21 catches for 188 yards, while also returning punts. His timetable to return is unclear, and so is when he hurt it. Don’t be surprised to see the team add another receiver soon.

Maybe it’s Brandon Tate from the reserve list, maybe Terrence Nunn from the practice squad. Should know by the end of the week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

Re: Edelman broke his arm//////

I have been able to find nothing to support this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

/wrists

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

Please post a link to an article supporting this. I went to the Herald's site, the Globe's site and listened to WEEI all day and never saw nor heard anything about Edelman being hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2009/10/20/bad-break-at-receiver-patriots-rookie-julian-edelman-suffers-a-broken-arm/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is on the Herald.

Depending on the type of break it shouldn't cost him the season.

Still, NE is VERY thin at WR. Looks as if the fans should get a peek at Tate and Nunn sooner than they would assume.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I saw the article.. This really bites. 

I just hope it's not too bad and he can come back in a few weeks.  While he's out, maybe that will give Tate a chance to come in and contribute, assuming he comes off PUP and gets onto the 53-man roster and gets activated.

We just need to be optimistic and hope for the best.  No sense crying over spilled milk, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

Thanks, I just missed it I guess. Damnit, I like the kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Z- It does look like we will be seeing Nunn and Tate soon with the injury to Edelman and the release of Galloway.

Was the Julian injury from practice today?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Geez...that stinks..we're thin at WR now.....I read that someone just released Joey Galloway....maybe BB should bring him in for a look....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

No keep joey away!

Wow...this is bad news.  It doesnt matter how long he is out for, we have a game this weekend and he will not be there.  This hurts the team.  Plus we only have 2 TE's.  

I guess we gotta be careful in what we ask for.  We wanted Nunn and I think we are about to get him.

JE was pretty good after the catch.  Tough break.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman broke his arm//////:
    Geez...that stinks..we're thin at WR now.....I read that someone just released Joey Galloway....maybe BB should bring him in for a look....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Can we get a heavy dose of Maroney and BJGE this weekend?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Why can't the Pat's use the OLs?  Dante, can you give it a little attention?

I want a 5 WR set with no one under 285 lbs! Is that too much to ask as a season ticket holder?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

guess with his new contract extension and edelman's busted wing, good ole sam aiken just got a more expanded role in the offense...at least for the time being, here's hoping tate has been studying his playbook dilligently in between running and lifting weights the past few months!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

They say the injury happened in the game on Sunday

Sections
Shortcuts