Edelman - Does this mean anything to you

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Edelman - Does this mean anything to you

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

UH-OH! You better look out Julian! I think you may be TFB12's new MAN LOVE since he lost Wessie! YOU ARE SUCH A MAN LOVE GROUPIE, TFB. Ever talk about football, or just about the MEN OF FOOTBALL?

Play nice RallyC

OK. My bad. Would be nice if he would talk football once in a while though, or am I in the wrong place for that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Fair Points, but I like I told rusty. He wasnt bought here to play QB. Would he get on the field after all our Qbs were injured? Umm, maybe but the guy never gets reps and so I dont think thats the plan and he has never been listed at one. I can agree on his special teams ability but most rookie WRs also have S/t ability so once camp starts i dont think those abilities will set him apart as much as him knowing the system at the end of the day. U dont thnk Boyce, Hawkins, Washington,etc can play special teams also?

I think he might be the 3rd QB for any given game but you better believe if Brady or Mallet were IR they would sign Vinne Testaverde before going into a game with Edleman 2nd on the depth chart.

Still, the special teams and 'emergency' QB does break ties with other players in the world of BB. Noticed reliable punt handlers, even backups in theis area are huge on the Pats, and there are high standards for this job, if those guys you list can gain BB trust then Edlmann might have a roster fight on his hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

TJ Moe could replace Edelman, they are similar players, and though I'm not sure Moe can play corner we are actually deeper there than days past.

Edelman saves a roster spot as the 3rd/emergency QB.

Dude, can U PLEASE stop saying this. You have no proof of it. I have shot down this notion time after time with sound reasoning and you keep making Sh*t up! You didnt like Wes but u like Edleman because he plays defense, ok we get it, but not once since the kid has been here has he even thrown a pass. He is more likely to back up a CB than Brady. If THIS is the reason u think he will stick u are wrong as usual. He will stick because he is the only WR who knows anything about playing with brady. Thats it and his nagging injuries will most likely see him cut in favor of someone else. I love his toughness, but Im ready to move on from the tease and so are the Pats.

I have no proof? LOL!!

BB has only carred two QBs on the roster since Edelman has been here in 2009. Prior to that, he carried 3. He carried 4 I believe in camp in 2009 and then realized that was actually 2 more too many.

CASE CLOSED

THat's NOT a coincidence. BB realized his athletic play at WR, Punt Returner, now CB in a pinch like Troy could do and be that 3rd emergency QB, saves him a roster spot AND presents great player value.    He's like Tim Wakefield.  An easy guy to whine about, but in the end, might present one of the best values in the league. I wuld not be shocked if BB has Wildcat plays drawn up in a back up playbook specifically if Brady and the back up here both were to get hurt.

Please use your brain and stop talking down to me simultaneously. Believe it or not, some people are more intelligent than you.

Umm, like I said, care to show my any proof!  Do you realize that while you question people fandom about if they attended a Pats game in the 70's (as if it matters) that "Simultaneously" you are in another state far away and probably havent attened training camp in years?? I have been going EVERY year since 2000. I have Bradys 1st training camp pass on VIDEO (before they banned them) and I have YET to even See Edleman Attempt a pass in practice. Do you REALLY think BB would ever trot out Edleman as a QB?? have you ever watched Edleman play QB In college? He was only a QB by name, but was a RB in theory. The guy S*cked at throwing the ball! He was NEVER bought here to play QB and all you have is the fact we havent carried many Qbs are  your source!?!?  Every year is diff  in terms of # of players you keep at each respective position depending on depth,. quailty,etc. Just 2 years ago, I believe we played with only 2 TE's and now we may have 5. This is football. As I said, Im still waiting for your "PROOF". The fact we carried Bledsoe, Bishop, Freiz AND Brady HAD to mean What? It meant that they had a few prospects they wanted to look at while aslo having the veteran you need(Freiz) , they wanted to give Brady a year to develop and they liked to use Bishop in special sets to take advantage of his mobility. Stop making up sH*t if u cant prove it.

I don't think BB holds onto Edelman to be a QB either. I am saying that he has only kept 2 QBs on the roster since Edelman has been here.

Edelman wouldn't be used the same way as a Brady, Cassel or Hoyer anyway. BB is not going to waste time running WIldcats with Edelman in practice for a few reasons, one being he doesn't have time and the other being the odds of Brady or his back up both getting hurt.

Nothing you have said above really counters what I told you about how Edelman saves BB a roster spot, though.

You talked down to me by saying "Stop saying that". Then, I gave you proof by saying BB used to carry 3 QBS on the roster, pre Edelman, and only 2 since.  Still, you lose, and you can't admit it you just got completely bludgeoned.

Typical for you: Challenge me, I've done my homework, I show proof and evidence and you still won't accept it.

So trollish.

I don't care how many camps you have attended. I get my info from my uncles who go to a ton of them since they are retired.  I don't fly up there to go to Pats camp, nor do I take vacation time to do it, no.

Congrats, Super Fan! But, this has no bearing on what I've just proved to you.

Ok, so you making stuff up = Me being bludgeoned??  If you say so. All I am saying is your statement is not fact. You assume because the guy played college QB that he would be the 1st choice to take over once all the QBs are hurt. That is a nice assumption with a good reason but it still doesnt make it fact. Same way you can assume all day that Brady Bitchslaps BB into doing what he wants, but you have yet to prove that. You claim his statement of " I like the shotgun" is some sort of damaging evidence that makes him a selfish prima domma. More Assumptions from you that have not been proven. If Anything, MAYBE Edleman had a chance at emergency QB his 1st year and even so, I think Faulk steps in before him. The further he gets from his rookie, the least likely he would ever play QB. He is now a solid 3 years away from playing ANY QB and has made the transition to WR, hence him starting week one last year. Do you know how many guys on every NFL team USED to play QB! Probably atleast a few on each team. There is a player right now I bet who isnt listed as a QB that has played the position more recently than Edleman. Like I said, YOU have to Prove it. I dont have to anything but read the program roster and Believe what I see. I always remember what MOss said when he 1st got here. He asked BB, Hey man, can I throw the ball and BB replied, Only Brady throws the ball. It was a nice thing to mention early on his rookie year but fact is, BB has NEVER  mentioned it and to my knowledge has never had him practice it but u think he would be the ermegency QB. Anyone can hand the ball off. Im talking real backup QBs. Edleman wasnt even a decent college QB at KENT ST! His senior year he had 1300 yards rushing and only 1800 passing with 13 TDs and 11 INTs.

Your arrogance is incredible.

Last time:

BB has only carried 2 QBs and it's only been since Edelman has been on the team, starting in 2009. Prior to that, he carried 3 like most teams always do.

END OF DISCUSSION AND MORE THAN ENOUGH PROOF, Mr. Belligerent and Mr. Arrogant.

There is no doubt that BB likes the fact that Edelman provides a small bit of everything, INCLUDING being the 3rd QB on the roster. Any team that is using their 3rd QB isn't winning a SB anyway, so you arguing over the FACT he has been the 3rd QB on this team even if listed as a back up WR and punt returner, is becoming incredibly annoying for everyone here.

I just proved it to you TWICE.  Now be quiet and walk away.

What you have is "circumstancial" evidence. That is not the very same thing as proof. Circumstancial evidence has a nasty habit of being misleading...

It is possible, for example, to suggest that BB stopped carrying more than 2 QBs as his experience of the 2008 season when TB went down in game one left him thinking (possibly) "well, we are unlikely to go deep into the playoffs with a backup QB and we won't win it with a 3rd stringer; the team is not built to win a SB without a good QB at the helm. So why waste the roster spot. In a real emergency we will scramble and make due at give it our best shot. But I wont the roster spot to give us a better chance with TB or at least our #2."

If he had that kind of reasoning AFTER the 2008 season then the Edelman arrival would be coincidental.

So I think you have proven nothing - though you have pointedf out a possibility. I think the above reasoning may be more likely but I do not claim to know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Fair Points, but I like I told rusty. He wasnt bought here to play QB. Would he get on the field after all our Qbs were injured? Umm, maybe but the guy never gets reps and so I dont think thats the plan and he has never been listed at one. I can agree on his special teams ability but most rookie WRs also have S/t ability so once camp starts i dont think those abilities will set him apart as much as him knowing the system at the end of the day. U dont thnk Boyce, Hawkins, Washington,etc can play special teams also?

Though I agree I wouldn't want to see him as the QB the fact remains we didn't expect to see him at DB either but unfortunately it happened. Since Cassel was traded BB has only carried 2 QB's. Now I doubt it's because he has Edelman and has more to do with saving the roster spot and if Brady gets injured the seasons most likely lost anyways. However, Edelman is the next best person behind Mallett to fill the QB role currently on the roster and combine that with his ST play and his ability to give decent DB play allows BB to carry him instead of carrying an additional 3rd QB or an additional 11th DB. That extra saved spt can be used on someone like a Moe or and extra front 7 player. So, the combo of Edelman at WR and a good-great STer along with having that 1 extra position flexibility makes him more valuable then an extra WR that they can pull from the PS later if needed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am a sentimentalist: I like players based on whether they meet my emotional needs. Obviously, I could never be a GM. I relate most closely to underdog players. Those that are smaller but work harder than others to prove themselves. For me, they set the mold for the team. They prove that hard work produces strong character and results.  

Danny Woodhead, Wes and Edelman fit that model for me and was sad to see 2 of them go. I hope Edelman is able to get healthy and stay on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

TJ Moe could replace Edelman, they are similar players, and though I'm not sure Moe can play corner we are actually deeper there than days past.

TJ Moe has been Released!!!

Go Edelman

Sections
Shortcuts