Edelman Earns a Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Edelman Earns a Thread

The guy is the Patriots' leading rusher this week, averaging 47 yards per carry.  He racks up 117 yards and 6 points as a return guy, averaging 58.5 yards per punt return.  He catches 5 passes too and scores 6 more points.  As needed, he can still fill in as a defensive back.  About the only thing he can't do is throw, but one of these days he'll dig out his quarterback skills, pull up and sling it.  He's wearing Drew Bledsoe's #11, sort of as an idle threat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Edelman Earns a Thread

I laugh at how much he was getting hammered before the game. The guy plays hard every play my hats off to him, well done Sir. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I love the guy he plays with hat and I am glad he had a breakout game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

why does CBS show that old picture with the hippie hair style still though. He has not been like that since he was a rookie, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

sporting the mcfly nowadays

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It was a pretty darn good game.  He's had a few good games before but usually while Welker was out or in the meaningless Houston game.  Good to see him contribute something in a meaningful game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've always liked Edelman's game.  The guy just plays and takes the skills he's got as far as he can.  Good to see it pay off for him and the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Always good to see one of your backups have an impact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

good thread, Edelman deserves all the accolades he is getting today. I know we will see him throw a TD probably in some playoff game this year, hopefully the super bowl where he is named MVP after throwing, catching, running, and having a return all for TD's! LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy is the Patriots' leading rusher this week, averaging 47 yards per carry.  He racks up 117 yards and 6 points as a return guy, averaging 58.5 yards per punt return.  He catches 5 passes too and scores 6 more points.  As needed, he can still fill in as a defensive back.  About the only thing he can't do is throw, but one of these days he'll dig out his quarterback skills, pull up and sling it.  He's wearing Drew Bledsoe's #11, sort of as an idle threat.

[/QUOTE]

Great Game and great timing from Jules...

Its odd that he was the leading rusher. I thought that since we werent subbing for Woody that surely Ridley would run wild,...err well atleast thats what someone said here..  Oh well. Good Win!  Quick turnaround. No time to celebrate, gotta make way for the Jets and watch the board be taken over by Rusty and the TrollGangs!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I laugh at how much he was getting hammered before the game. The guy plays hard every play my hats off to him, well done Sir. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't laugh, it's really pathetic, actually. Some fans here pick a player to hammer/scapegoat if they aren't All Pro level. There are more of those on the D, so we usually see players at random chosen on D.

But, with Edelman, I think he gets this tag because people fear he's going to replace a binky they love in Welker.

I completely agree. He's a gamer, great in the open field with the ball, one of the AFC's best pun returners, an emergency DB and QB, who saves BB a roster spot.

[/QUOTE]

I think he saves BB 3 roster spots

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Edelman is dynamic with the ball in his hands but he certainly needs more polish at the WR position.   He needs to stay healthy too.  A lot of people wondered why he was getting touches in the beginning of the year at the expense of Welker.  I think we saw yesterday why Edelman should get more touches however they can get thim the ball.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Considering he was voted by many "most likely to be cut" from the WR corps before the season started, it's good to see him involved.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Well, Edelman did not play on defense and return an interception for a TD yesterday , so hold your applause.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Never understood the Edelman haters.  How blind do you have to be...?  He's the closest thing to troy brown and tbrowns a legend.

Troy wasn't used very much early in his career.  Then his all around skills and football IQ started to blossom then bang he makes the pro bowl and catches 100 balls at age 30...

anyway, Edelman has tremendous upside and helps this team with his versatility.  BB didn't bat an eye when he got arrested for grabbing some chicks coochie.  that should tell you something tight there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

good thread, Edelman deserves all the accolades he is getting today. I know we will see him throw a TD probably in some playoff game this year, hopefully the super bowl where he is named MVP after throwing, catching, running, and having a return all for TD's! LOL

[/QUOTE]

You forgot int return for a TD!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman had a fantastic day, unfortunatly he doesnt seem to have enough of these days.  I like Edelman, always have, dude gives 100% and is a player, no doubt about it.  But he isn't WW great, lets get that out of the way right here.  He isn't Troy Brown great as I have seen kicked around.  He isn't the second coming of WW, he isn't the second coming of Troy Bown he isn't even the second coming of Danny Woodhead.  Edleman had a great day, lets see many more before we start to compare him to these guys.  Hope he continues to be an impact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

A really good game for him.  He's had these games periodically.  What he needs to show is more consistency as a receiver.  He doesn't always get good separation and doesn't have the greatest hands for a receiver.  But he's very tough after the catch.  Yesterday it worked great because he got open and made the catches.  When he does that, he can be a good option.  But Welker is a much more dependable and polished receiver.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He had a pretty fantastic game.  He is a guy I love to hate.  I would love to see his clock cleaned just once. 

That said, he'd probably be a favorite if he were a colt.  His seeming passion has to be infectious for his fans while being the consternation of others. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one has ever said he is Welker.  If he got more reps, you'd see more good things like that from him.

Pretty simple stuff here. The games he's been tradted like a starter, he's produced.  The Ravens sure don't like seeing him on the field, I can tell you that.  lol

I would just set up set plays to get the ball into his hands. Screens, the reverses, etc. Who knows, maybe they can have him throw on a set play?

It's about the versatility and the unknown that should strike fear into defenses.

[/QUOTE]

Where were you while everyone was saying Welker needs to go as Edelman can take over his spot earlier in the season?  My thing is, Edelman had a great day, he does seem to have one every season, lets see several during a season before we start thinking he can take over for Welker.  Yesterday he was a much better choice and impact player then an aging Branch has been but thats about as far as I go with this until we start seeing this from him week in and week out... or at least multiple times during the season which he hasn;t done yet since he has been here.

I hope it continues, especially with Gronk out, but I'm not going to be all giddy about him as a weapon until he shows more than one game worth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wouldn't surprise me to see Edeleman's reps increase over the next several weeks while Gronk recovers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me to see Edeleman's reps increase over the next several weeks while Gronk recovers.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe a little. But they're not going to put him in to replace a TE and BB and JM love those 2 TE sets.