Edelman Earns a Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Edelman Earns a Thread

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always good to see one of your backups have an impact.

[/QUOTE]

Funny since you've been crapping on him for years. Oh wait! Is it time for a patented Babe 'I never said that' post.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again - in the playoff losses to the Jets and Ravens no one played better than Edelman.  Maybe that's not saying much to some people.  Part of his problem with injuries I think is that he refuses to avoid contact when he can (like Welker knows how to do).  He always fights for the extra yard.  If he can improve on his tendency for drops and get better at running routes he could still be special.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was there. I said that Welker is one of the best WRs in the game, has a chance at a HOF career if he finishes his career strong. The best chance to do that is here.

I said he shouldn't expect 10 mil per for 3-4 years at age 32, either. Stinks for him, but it is what it is.

I also said Edelman, could very well be a poor man's option and that with paying Hernandez over Welker, due to youth and not allowing Hernandez go to market, Edelman would be a fine secondary choice when Welker leaves, assuming he does.

The attachement to the player is understandable, but in the cap era, you can't get attached.   So, yes, I feel that if they put the onus on Edelman to play the Welker role full time, he could very well evolve into a quality slot WR in this league. Not Welker level, because no one is. But, we also don't need a Welker level slot WR with Gronk and Hernandez here.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  As of right now I will disagree that Edelman could be an effective slot receiver over a full season.  Spurts here and there yes, as he has shown, but not ready to take the full time role yet, if ever.  My knock on him is he can't get seperation and get open and he doesnt have the best hands.  He looked great yesterday, one game, if he continues to improve and can show he can have games like that more often then not then thats great, I will be on the band wagon.  The guy certainly seems to have the drive and dedication to work hard and maybe get there one day, I just don't see him having as much impact to carry the offense like Welker does.  Sign Wes 2 more years 15 million with 5 million signing bonus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't think Edelmen has issues separating, I'm more concerned about dropped balls. But the only way to test that is to get him more throws and see how he produces.  He's nowhere near Welker in knowledge and technique, but his agility is right there, the guy was top 10 players in shuttle time in his draft class if I remember, bigger, younger and has 4.4 inline speed.

He's a very good athlete.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny since you've been crapping on him for years. Oh wait! Is it time for a patented Babe 'I never said that' post.

[/QUOTE]

I have never crapped on Edelman. I just haven't claimed he's the second coming of Welker like rubes such as yourself have Rusty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He specifically chose the word "back up" in his response, too, like a condescending turd.  Anything to protect the honor for Brady's binky on the interwebs.

Poor Babe. 60+ years old and still in the closet. lol

[/QUOTE]

I called him a backup, because he is a backup. Try to keep up junior.

Why don't you and glenr just get a room? Oh, that's right, you're the same person. You always do that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dude, he's blocked by other WRs here, named Welker, Lloyd and Branch. Now with Branch cut, you can see he was more involved.

We only see it in spurts, because he's not used due to elite talent ahead of him.  Get it?

Not every Brady tool needed in this offense needs to be THE best at their position in the league to make an impact. That line of thinking is delusional. We never would have won those 3 SBs if not for complementary and necessary role players.

[/QUOTE]

Must I remind you that at the start of the season Edelman was getting the nod over Welker and it was world wide football "expert" speculation that the Patriots were trying to plug Edelman in and phase Welker out... even at the high cost of 9 million they were paying Welker.  So no, it wasn't because elite talent was ahead of him, he was getting the start over elite talent and he didn't perform well, no seperation and couldn't get open to save his life... then he got hurt.

You plug Edleman in with Welker on the field and he seems to have a better impact, imo.  But this was just one game.  I'm sure with Branch gone we will see Edelman continue to get reps with Welker on the field at the same time and hopefully have the same success as yesterday.  Certainly we have seen Edelman not have an impact when taking Welkers spot, it could be that Welker getting attention is taking eyes off of Edelman which is pretty typical, thats what Welker does for this offense and why Welker needs to continue to be a Patriot after this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Edelman was in Jail for sexual misconduct. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw him playing earlier this year.

Must be nice to make that much $$ so you can make any case against you go away with an "unspecified settlement"

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Those charges were dropped because the guy did NOTHING. Did you even watch the vid?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Edelman was in Jail for sexual misconduct. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw him playing earlier this year.

Must be nice to make that much $$ so you can make any case against you go away with an "unspecified settlement"

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Those charges were dropped because the guy did NOTHING. Did you even watch the vid?

[/QUOTE]

Of course he didn't watch the video.  He was far too busy writing garbage on our Patriots Forum.  He has also criticised Pats Fans numerous times for having no life other than following the Pats.  Yet as Jets Fan, he chooses to spend a great part of his life spewing written vommit on a Patriot's Board?

Hess/Leon is Nucking Futs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Solid game, congrats to him on his performance and impact, but it was just one game so I'm not gonna overreact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Edelman does deserve a thread after a amazing game. He is explosive with the ball in his hands but his route running and hands are not Wes. However, he doesn't have tbe benefit of playing WR for a long time either. He gets into the nfl, is converted to a WR, then cb, and returns punts, etc. My feeling is if he gets solid experience at WR, he will be consistently good. He just needs time to develop at the position. Even with that, I am not sure he will ever be Welker but he doesn't have to. He adds a dimension of explosiveness to this offense that we need regardless. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I  agree with Wozzy for once (a miracle i guess). He seems to get open, he just seems to start making moves before he finishes the catch sometimes. Even yesterday he dropped one while open early on. Do not forget a week ago he was getting yelled at by Brady for screwing up a route. I think Edleman or Woodhead will have to make up a lot of catches until Hernandez comes back because I still have not heard anything about Hernandez being ready to play on Thursday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy is the Patriots' leading rusher this week, averaging 47 yards per carry.  He racks up 117 yards and 6 points as a return guy, averaging 58.5 yards per punt return.  He catches 5 passes too and scores 6 more points.  As needed, he can still fill in as a defensive back.  About the only thing he can't do is throw, but one of these days he'll dig out his quarterback skills, pull up and sling it.  He's wearing Drew Bledsoe's #11, sort of as an idle threat.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting. You know, Golden Tate, Frank Gore, a WR from Cinci and others have thrown WR or RB touchdown passes this year. Hard to believe these guys can throw better than a college QB.

While I would never want to take the ball out of TB12's hands at a meaningful time, a game like yesterday (or the St. Louis game), when you're leading by 3 TDs or more in the closing minutes, might be a good time to try an Edelman pass...just to get it on film and give opposing DC's a little something to think about.