Edelman > Welker!?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

Re: Edelman > Welker!?

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:

I loved Welker...but sometimes he looked like a guy trying to catch a handful of snakes one handed...man he could be frustrating with those drops...

Funny. First of all, Wes Welker didn't drop those balls. I've seen years of evidence written right here from Wes Welker fans screaming in his defense. Strange that even though he's gone now there are so many still defending him for his failures. Now that is loyalty. I just wish they were as loyal to the Patriots too.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

Can someone explain to me what it takes for a post to be removed? Seems to happen pretty regularly. What a waste of energy....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to CaptnCrunch's comment:

Can someone explain to me what it takes for a post to be removed? Seems to happen pretty regularly. What a waste of energy....

It almost appears to be random. I've seen legit posts get removed while most of the nonsense remains.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Simple Algebra

Edelman = Patriots
    Welker = Broncos

Patriots = Good
    Broncos = Bad

Good > Bad
    Patriots > Broncos
    Edelman > Welker

I've been reading this stuff for many years, and finally I see someone who gets it in its simplest form. So, here I am to join the fray. I want to say that Digger gets it......this is a Patriots fan forum. Why are there so many who love players from other teams, and even those who love other teams, who come here to comment so often with complete BS. I see even those who calim to be Patriots fans constantly berating my favorite team. I just don't get it. Digger has the simple equation that shows proper expectations of a true fan. Can't we all pull in the same direction?

I agree on your former player view. I pretty much don't wish them well on the football field, if it in any way hurts the Pats.

As far as complaints about the team, I applaud the good and point out the bad. NAFT wrong with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I suspect it's a combination of the post getting reported, and the mod's discretion.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I loved Welker...but sometimes he looked like a guy trying to catch a handful of snakes one handed...man he could be frustrating with those drops...

Funny. First of all, Wes Welker didn't drop those balls. I've seen years of evidence written right here from Wes Welker fans screaming in his defense. Strange that even though he's gone now there are so many still defending him for his failures. Now that is loyalty. I just wish they were as loyal to the Patriots too.

So it's cool to bash a former play that provided this team with production and durability just because he is gone?  That's pretty dumb.  All his drops?  Lol!  all 15 last season with 118 receptions?  Just 2 more then Megatron and some other great receivers.  Just another poster here who is clueless.  You might want to look at drop rate numbers, Welker wasn't anywhere near the top of that list. 

I remember the Moss bashing when he left too.

Silly fans.  Can't you just admit they were great for the team and now play for someone else and hope they don't do well enough to harm our team?  People have to really make silly claims because a good player left.  No wonder our fan base is looked at as a joke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Can someone explain to me what it takes for a post to be removed? Seems to happen pretty regularly. What a waste of energy....

It almost appears to be random. I've seen legit posts get removed while most of the nonsense remains.

[/QUOTE]

Bustchise/whodeawhodat/fatsam/phatrex/section136/patriotrain/Captn Crunch/Uncle Rico/ all the same Jets troll......

[/QUOTE]

You create a troll account to make fun of Jets fans who come to a Patriots forum?  Really?  I believe they are already out numbered and comments are made by plenty here when they get out of line but you feel the need to clutter up our forum with you Jets trolling?  Come on dude, take it over to their forum... don't do it here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yup, Julian still Leads the league.... Sigh....

Julian Edelman - WR - Patriots

Julian Edelman caught seven passes for 118 yards in Week 4 against the Falcons.

Edelman played the slot in all three-wide sets and was targeted nine times in the passing game. It was the fourth straight game he's caught at least seven passes. Edelman is tied with Andre Johnson for the NFL lead with 34 receptions and is on pace for 1,276 yards and eight touchdowns.       Sep 30 - 1:42 AM  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Why even bring up the comparison? Edelman's stat was padded by the lack of dependable WRs for the Pats, whereas Welker is one of 3 or 4 outstanding receivers Manning is throwing to. Welker is doing fine in Denver. He has moved on, and so should we."

i think that's a fair assessment. Amendola and/or Edelman is clearly filling in for Welker well enough for us. Whether Welker could be doing it a bit better can never be proven but it's clearly nothing like the loss of two great tight ends (hopefully one coming back sometime). 

The only caveat I will make is: if Edelman goes down before Amendola can go back, the debate opens up a bit more again in terms of Welker's durability being superior. But as long as one of these two guys can play, I think we leave the debate alone - until the playoffs. Then we can revisit when the stakes are higher.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

So it's cool to bash a former play that provided this team with production and durability just because he is gone?  That's pretty dumb.  All his drops?  Lol!  all 15 last season with 118 receptions?  Just 2 more then Megatron and some other great receivers.  Just another poster here who is clueless.  You might want to look at drop rate numbers, Welker wasn't anywhere near the top of that list. 

I remember the Moss bashing when he left too.

Silly fans.  Can't you just admit they were great for the team and now play for someone else and hope they don't do well enough to harm our team?  People have to really make silly claims because a good player left.  No wonder our fan base is looked at as a joke.

[/QUOTE]

The attacks on Welker are silly and I daresay childish, TFB12.  The guy is an excellent slot receiver--he was when he was here and he looks very good with Manning in Denver too.  While Edelman is playing well (and benefitting from the fact that he's the only receiver who knows the offense fully), Welker is still a much more polished route runner who gets exceptional separation and makes big plays over and over.  (The drops are very infrequent, too--he's not the "choker" some now want to paint him as.)  Amendola has talent, but he's never on the field, so what good is it?  

Sadly, on this board, a lot of the criticism of Welker is wrapped up in the endless Babe-Rusty feud about GM and QB.  Silly agendas are warping people's ability to evaluate the player objectively.  Welker's performance seems to be evaluated totally in light of how it might reflect on Brady's skills or BB's skills as GM. It has very little to do with Welker himself.  

Then there are the fans who seem to feel jilted somehow because the player left . . . or have a knee jerk need to blame him entirely for two playoff losses that were really team losses.  

Better just to ignore all this noise.  It won't help you understand football better.  In fact, it will just lead you down a wrong path. 

Welker is a very good player.  Like any player he's not perfect and he has his limits.  But let's not be silly:  he has been and still is one of the best slot receivers in the game.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Nice post prolate and do agree. Overall, I like edelmans versatility better. 

Welker = perhaps the best slot WR to play the game

edelman = good in slot and can play other WR positions, best PR to play given nfl stats. 

At this point in their respective careers, I would rather have Edelman, but wouldn't mind both of them together. I just wonder if Wes was still here, would the rooks be getting chances for development? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I guess it wasn't obvious.. again... Edelman tied for league lead in receptions...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_RECEPTIONS

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Be funny if he out catches Welker this season. Might not get as many TDs, but he's becoming better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Edelman has improved more than anyone I can think of on the roster - a few years ago he couldn't handle a pass if it traveled the in the air more than 7 yards...now? He looks more and more polished everyday. Hard working player, but we all know he is going to get injured, it's not his fault, he was just born that way.

no truth to what you say

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Why even bring up the comparison? Edelman's stat was padded by the lack of dependable WRs for the Pats, whereas Welker is one of 3 or 4 outstanding receivers Manning is throwing to. Welker is doing fine in Denver. He has moved on, and so should we."

i think that's a fair assessment. Amendola and/or Edelman is clearly filling in for Welker well enough for us. Whether Welker could be doing it a bit better can never be proven but it's clearly nothing like the loss of two great tight ends (hopefully one coming back sometime). 

The only caveat I will make is: if Edelman goes down before Amendola can go back, the debate opens up a bit more again in terms of Welker's durability being superior. But as long as one of these two guys can play, I think we leave the debate alone - until the playoffs. Then we can revisit when the stakes are higher.

Regardless, Welker will be HOF. I saw today he is on pace to break Moss's 07 TD record. I do not believe he will keep that pace up but just the fact that Welker is at that pace makes him one of the top receivers in the NFL

I always thought Edelman as a great return person and the statistics back that up. One will never know if he (Edelman) did not get injured last year if Welker would have had nearly the opportunities he had with the 2012 pats and to top it off, the Pats got Edelman for cheap cheap cheap in comparison to other NFL receivers with similar stats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great post prolate0spheroid, you nailed it in every aspect. But posts, threads like this are just plain silly and need to be talked about.  It's plain homerism at it's best... or should I say worst.

Edelmans numbers really don't surprise me, it's funny seeing so many here making such a big deal, especially comparing to Welker.  Edelman knows the offense better then the other receivers and teams still seem to not worry about him very much.  Heck, I believe I read where Revis was on Thompkins all day a couple weeks ago and that he never lined up on Edelman.    I gotta ask... Why isn't Edelman getting more?  A lot more???

I will tell you why....

Because he isn't even close to Welker.  I still see Edelman having a hard time getting separation, making adjustments to the ball as it is in the air, Brady even last night was still having to tell Edelman where to line up, that's terrible. 

Now people are saying Edelman will get more receptions then Welker. Well duh!  Look who Welker is sharing receptions with... Look who Edelman is sharing receptions with.  Of course Edelman will have more receptions, he should, a lot more.  However, he doesn't Welker has 26 receptions for 266 yards and already 6 td's.  WoW!

Edelman is what.. 34/319 and 2 td's, ave. 9.4 yards per reception..  Look back at 2011, first 4 games Welker was 40/616 and 5 td's, ave 15.4 yards per reception.  Let me know when Edelman can provide numbers like that and then I will get excited.  In the meantime, some people need a reality check.

Yes, We all seem to like Edelman, I'm a fan and love the heart he plays with and willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field and help the team win....  Thank goodness he is a Patriot, would be hurtin for certain without him.  But to compare him to Welker is ridiculous.  Get real, people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Great post prolate0spheroid, you nailed it in every aspect. But posts, threads like this are just plain silly and need to be talked about.  It's plain homerism at it's best... or should I say worst.

Edelmans numbers really don't surprise me, it's funny seeing so many here making such a big deal, especially comparing to Welker.  Edelman knows the offense better then the other receivers and teams still seem to not worry about him very much.  Heck, I believe I read where Revis was on Thompkins all day a couple weeks ago and that he never lined up on Edelman.    I gotta ask... Why isn't Edelman getting more?  A lot more???

I will tell you why....

Because he isn't even close to Welker.  I still see Edelman having a hard time getting separation, making adjustments to the ball as it is in the air, Brady even last night was still having to tell Edelman where to line up, that's terrible. 

Now people are saying Edelman will get more receptions then Welker. Well duh!  Look who Welker is sharing receptions with... Look who Edelman is sharing receptions with.  Of course Edelman will have more receptions, he should, a lot more.  However, he doesn't Welker has 26 receptions for 266 yards and already 6 td's.  WoW!

Edelman is what.. 34/319 and 2 td's, ave. 9.4 yards per reception..  Look back at 2011, first 4 games Welker was 40/616 and 5 td's, ave 15.4 yards per reception.  Let me know when Edelman can provide numbers like that and then I will get excited.  In the meantime, some people need a reality check.

Yes, We all seem to like Edelman, I'm a fan and love the heart he plays with and willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field and help the team win....  Thank goodness he is a Patriot, would be hurtin for certain without him.  But to compare him to Welker is ridiculous.  Get real, people.

I hear you loud and clear.  But now I am driving home the fact he leads the NFL for catches with Andre Johnson... just tipping my hat to Edelman.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If Edelman totals seven or more receptions Sunday in Cincinnati, he will tie the NFL record for consecutive games of seven or more receptions to open a season (last accomplished in 2007 by T.J Houshmandzadeh and Derrick Mason).- Reiss