Edelman > Welker!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Edelman > Welker!?

If Welker had signed the two year 16 million dollar contract the Pats offered him before last year he would still be here and I'd be happy.  Welker is just plain better than Edleman.   Buuuut, Edleman's production shows that Belichick was being fair with Welker.  BB is getting similar production from an ex small college quarterback.  He'll probably get similar production from Danny Amendola if he's ever healthy.  Welker is gone because he forced BB to franchise him at 9.5 mil and then didn't work out a deal.  

BTW, Edleman is paid league minimum.  

If Bill let's WW stick it in his face, how does that affect how other players negotiate?  That is not something that BB would ignore. Welker is gone because of Welker.

It's a shame, but that's business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

as Brady said today in the news conference, Welker was here and established when Edelman came in and hasn't had the opportunities other players have.   Love to see Brady and Edelman connect like Brady and Welker

here are Brady's comments

"He’s been great. Very hard worker, he’s dedicated, nobody works harder than Julian," Brady said Wednesday in a more serious moment. "It’s hard when you’re playing behind Wes for all these years. You’re just not going to get a lot of opportunity because Wes was such a great player, was durable and Jules never got a chance. Now he’s got it and it doesn’t look like he’s slowing down at all."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

as Brady said today in the news conference, Welker was here and established when Edelman came in and hasn't had the opportunities other players have.   Love to see Brady and Edelman connect like Brady and Welker

"He’s been great. Very hard worker, he’s dedicated, nobody works harder than Julian," Brady said Wednesday in a more serious moment. "It’s hard when you’re playing behind Wes for all these years. You’re just not going to get a lot of opportunity because Wes was such a great player, was durable and Jules never got a chance. Now he’s got it and it doesn’t look like he’s slowing down at all."

So what I got out of reading that was..........

Wes was so much better then Edelman that Jules was never going to get much time behind him.

and

Edelman wasn't as durable, he was always hurt.

Now that the better, more durable receiver is gone Edelman gets his chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pssh. No one even mentions the fact that re-signing Welker would have kept him from a team they are going to have to face. 

I wish Amendola were healthy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

So what I got out of reading that was..........

Wes was so much better then Edelman that Jules was never going to get much time behind him.

and

Edelman wasn't as durable, he was always hurt.

Now that the better, more durable receiver is gone Edelman gets his chance.

[/QUOTE] no he said welker was durable so Edelman didn't get the chance to play, what don't you understand. your unending love for welker is sad, he's good because Brady made him good. in my mind he's a traitor as is Vinatieri . both had the chance to stay with the Patriots, but egos got in the way. Please change your name to welkersuckup, and get rid of TFB12 or manningimmrperfectandiwantyoualltoknowit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

or broncobillywhoilovemorethanmywife

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh GAME,  don't be a hater!

TFB is my favorite player, he is one of the GOATS, but I have to admit while Brady did a lot for Welker, Welker did a lot for Brady. That is the siimple truth.  No denying it.  Welker was starting to prove his game in Miami, that's why BB went out and got him. Welker had a huge year with Cassel too.  All I am saying is don't discount a guy because he isn't here any longer. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

WW is a warrior

He plays hard

For the past  few years there was Gronk, Hern and WW, it may have been enough, but we never had the complete set in the playoffs.

With Gronk and Hern out, the other teams focused on him, he still could get open, but he got hammered, He was over used. he then dropped a few passes. this is exactly what the old Pats did to receivers. Btw WW did not always line up in the slot

JE is also talented. I don't think the plan is to get him a 100 receptionns, I don't think BB wanted that many from WW. he wants them spread out. that's what is happening in Denver , a lot of weapons, Hopefully by the end of the year Gronk, kt, je, vereen and Dobson will reach that level. Measuring catch for catch misses the point. when we had few options it was easier to defend, especially in the clutch.The idea is to have many.

I am not sure if TB decided just to pass to. WW (and Moss) or that is what was open?

I do know BB knew that they were limited in options. he clearly said it in a football life. Then after Moss we had the TEs and we are now where we are.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I look forward to the day where Welker and Manning threads stop showing up on the board.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I look forward to the day where Welker and Manning threads stop showing up on the board.  

You're supposed to look past the Welker part and appreciate Edelman is the point... My first post makes the evident, but I suppose having Welker's name in the thread can be misleading. Anyways, it's not a bad thing to compare what we have now on the roster to the best slot receiver ever, right?  

High expectations... that seems to be a standard around here....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Me too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Well spoken!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

your unending love for welker is sad, he's good because Brady made him good. in my mind he's a traitor as is Vinatieri .

[/QUOTE]

you nailed it Game.

he lost alot of fan support by pulling a bill buckner in the SB, and dropping  a key pass in the AFC CG last year.

BB isn't paying a guy 9-12 million a season to choke when the game is on the line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

What a season he's having.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have gotten more production out of the combo of Amendola and Edelman than at thisa point in a season in compartison to what they got out of Welker...proven fact...more receptions through this many games...

[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but Edelman provides you with an added bonus...he is excellent as a punt returner.  It just all hinges on health.

[/QUOTE]

It also means that if Edelman proves he is healthy that we pay the man.  He is playing on an unsecured contract and showed dedication to the team playing essentially for league min.  He won't be playing for league min. next year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  your unending love for welker is sad, he's good because Brady made him good. in my mind he's a traitor as is Vinatieri .

[/QUOTE]

BB isn't paying a guy 9-12 million a season to choke when the game is on the line.

[/QUOTE]

That about sums up the WW saga as succinctly as it can be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have gotten more production out of the combo of Amendola and Edelman than at thisa point in a season in compartison to what they got out of Welker...proven fact...more receptions through this many games...

[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but Edelman provides you with an added bonus...he is excellent as a punt returner.  It just all hinges on health.

[/QUOTE]

It also means that if Edelman proves he is healthy that we pay the man.  He is playing on an unsecured contract and showed dedication to the team playing essentially for league min.  He won't be playing for league min. next year. 

[/QUOTE]

Your point is noted, but he had a lot of incentives in his contract.  He isn't making the min anymore.  He's reached some of his incentives.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a season he's having.

[/QUOTE]

He's been brilliant.  A shame most of our fans have no idea what is going on.

[/QUOTE]

he's been amazing for what we are paying him and you cannot forget what he brings each week as a PR, guy can take it any time he touches it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Welker is just plain better than Edleman."

You did watch the game Sunday right? 

Edelman was a beast and Welker had a huge drop and a huge mistake on the final punt. 

Welker is a great player but I am not confident in him in the postseason with the game on the line. 

At the moment I am confident in Edelman in that regard. 

Sure, for durability and regular season stats Welker is superior, no doubt about that. I think it's easy to make the case we'd have one less loss if we had Welker this year. 

But I want to see how the postseason plays out before making a final assessment on this. 

Pretty much if the Pats advance to the Super Bowl they made the right call on Welker, but if the Broncos do than they did. it's pretty much that simple unless there is something extraordinary or another injury etc. 

Until we get there, there's really no point in discussing this. But: between Amendola and Edelman I don't think you can argue that the slot receiver has been a huge issue this season - not like the gaping hole we had at tight end till Gronk came back, or the rookies struggling at wideout the first half of the season without veteran support.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Welker has proven over time that he's a uniquely talented guy and quite durable.  I do have to agree that he's had issues making the clutch catch in the post season. 

Only issue I've ever had with Edelman (as it seems others have had) is his durability.  Guy has talent, is fast with good hands.  He's certainly done his share for the Pats this year.

Totally agree the slot receiver is not an issue for the Pats this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker has proven over time that he's a uniquely talented guy and quite durable.  I do have to agree that he's had issues making the clutch catch in the post season. 

Only issue I've ever had with Edelman (as it seems others have had) is his durability.  Guy has talent, is fast with good hands.  He's certainly done his share for the Pats this year.

[/QUOTE]

Paying Danny Amendola $6 million per year for what exactly?  The guy is the 6th highest paid player per year for this team and has been a bigger flop then when he was laid out by the Saints.  I would say that is an issue, wouldn't you?

Edelman has had 4 quality games out of 11.

The rest of his games are:

5 rec 57 yards

5 rec 44 yards

3 rec 27 yards

1 rec 11 yards

2 rec 7 yards

7 rec 44 yards

2 rec 35 yards

Please tell me what is impressive about this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Paying Danny Amendola $6 million per year for what exactly?  The guy is the 6th highest paid player per year for this team and has been a bigger flop then when he was laid out by the Saints.  I would say that is an issue, wouldn't you?

5 rec 57 yards

5 rec 44 yards

3 rec 27 yards

1 rec 11 yards

2 rec 7 yards

7 rec 44 yards

2 rec 35 yards

[/QUOTE]

where did you get those numbers?

Julian Edelman:

7-79

13-78

7-44

7-118

2-35

5-57

5-44

2-7

1-11

3-27

9-110

61-610

I am not saying Edelman is in Welker league but he has 4 less catches with 6 less targets... not to bad for as some call him here a " special teams" player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5 rec 57 yards

5 rec 44 yards

3 rec 27 yards

1 rec 11 yards

2 rec 7 yards

7 rec 44 yards

2 rec 35 yards

[/QUOTE]

I typically wait just a skosh longer before labeling a guy a flop but hey different strokes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

5 rec 57 yards

5 rec 44 yards

3 rec 27 yards

1 rec 11 yards

2 rec 7 yards

7 rec 44 yards

2 rec 35 yards

[/QUOTE]

Rico, just when you had some folks starting to believe you're not Butchise, you post this! lol Your manlove for certain posters here is way over the top Butch!

P.S. Did you factor in Edelamans punt return yardage into his game stats?