Edelman has a broken arm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Edelman has a broken arm

thats not good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Edelman has a broken arm

D a m n! He was looking pretty good for a rookie. And I heard they cut Galloway, too. I guess it's better than paying him to ride the pine! Does this mean possibly Tate is ready to play (or will be)? Edelman looks like he's going to be another Welker. If it's not too bad he might come back in 6 weeks or so, there would still be five games left. We can cross our fingers, I guess!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Well fingers crossed for tate but pats fans dont worry . We have receivers its not like there is Nunn left ; )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is horrible news! Gotta hope Aiken can continue to play better or Nunn can step in. Tate has not even practiced yet. Expect little from him. I really would like to see us take a shot at Branch. He can't be bad as a #3 WR considering his history with Brady and all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

I'm a Pats fan living just east of Toronto and I saw the Edelman injury announced at the bottom of the sports ticker.  I checked in the Boston papers and only saw this one conversation started on the injury.  The timing seems weird with the releasing of Galloway and he is almost a clone of Welker, but of course not up to his standards yet.  Hopefully the Pats have something up their sleeves because he is a valuable player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I guess that means Nunn will be activated, and Tate will also be on the roster once he is deemed ready.  They have the slots for both of them once Edelman goes on IR.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm:
    I guess that means Nunn will be activated, and Tate will also be on the roster once he is deemed ready.  They have the slots for both of them once Edelman goes on IR.
    Posted by carawaydj

Nunn probably has the best slot skills of the rest of the WR's...  Edelman may be back if it's a hairline fracture..?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm : Nunn probably has the best slot skills of the rest of the WR's...  Edelman may be back if it's a hairline fracture..?
    Posted by wozzy

Yeah, might be jumping the gun thinking he'll land on IR.  Could be a short absence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm : Yeah, might be jumping the gun thinking he'll land on IR.  Could be a short absence.
    Posted by carawaydj

I wonder who assumes kick return duties?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

tate will certainly be in the mix, possibly terrance nunn, maybe they will pick someone up off waivers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Man that's not good, I have no clue who's gunna be our WR3.  Aiken hasn't really done much, and he certainly isn't every down material, and our only other options are a practice squad guy (Nunn) and a rookie coming back from an acl (Tate).  Of course this happens as the offense is just starting to gel... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm : I wonder who assumes kick return duties?
    Posted by wozzy

That's one area where Tate can probably contribute sooner rather than later.  It might be hard to imagine him playing WR so soon after beginning formal practice, but it's not hard to imagine him returning kickoffs/punts.  He was stellar at this in college.

Something we can't forget though is that he's getting over a knee injury.  I think we all have learned by now that no matter how great you are, it takes some games to fully recover from a knee injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Let´s hope it´s no major time for him to comeback...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Aiken actually looked pretty good... he looked tough fighting for extra yards.  I bet he gets a lot of looks in London.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenfaretra. Show kenfaretra's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm : I wonder who assumes kick return duties?
    Posted by wozzy

don't forget about slater. that kid is fast. and tough, came back in three weeks from that horrible dislocated elbow

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Too Bad the Pats DIDN'T sign TJ HOUSH in this past offseason, then we Wouldn't be dealing with ALL this 'stuff'......He would have been a perfect #2 here - then if Moss moves on, he would have been a perfect #1....

Spend the $$ down there! Brady years are Running OUT! Ugh.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman has a broken arm : don't forget about slater. that kid is fast. and tough, came back in three weeks from that horrible dislocated elbow
    Posted by kenfaretra

I don't even remember seeing Slater on Sunday though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

sign Housh? You mean the guy who's 6th in the league for most targets and is still complaining he needs more passes thrown his way?

i don't like players like that on a team. they don't fit the mold of "whatever it takes to win".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

We don't know how serious the injury is. If it's not too serious he could be back by the time we play Miami.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHmax. Show NHmax's posts

Nunn and Slater will both be used most likely.  You can't have just 3 active receivers (moss, welker, aiken) in a pass oriented offense. Nunn has great hands and picked up some YAC in preseason catches. Slater's got tremendous speed.

Faulk may also have a career day catching out of the backfield if Nunn and Slater can't hit their routes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

like this kid.  leads all rookies with receptions.  Figures he had to get hurt.  That was two players who got hurt last week, morris was also hurt!  Light is out for at least a month.  Injury bug!  That said, this kid vollmer looks like a stud!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Edelman has a broken arm:
    thats not good
    Posted by steve1581

yea............and they still cut Galloway knowing his arm was busted.........says alot of what they thought of him..........I wish they would give Nunn a shot..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Moroney, Faulk, Welker, Aiken....can all do kick returns. I mean Green-Ellis can step in and fill that role as well.

People Edelman is good. No doubt he is an impact player, however, he is not the end all be all. What did they do prior to Edelman?

We do have Nunn and Tate.

Relax....Bill will have a plan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Edelman has a broken arm:
    thats not good
    Posted by steve1581

Duct Tape the arm and get back in the game! COME ON MAN!

Sections
Shortcuts