Edelman is clutch and Edelman > Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Edelman is clutch and Edelman > Welker

In response to digger0862's comment:

The Patriots would be better this year with Wes on the team. Belichick did try to sign him this year and last year at the right price.

Because Wes is not on the team this year, might the Patriots be better off next year because of having to throw the rookies to the wolves?

Just rewatched the game with my son last night. Welker was useless! I think he's taken too many hits and is a shell of himself. You can almost see the "don't screw this up" look in his eyes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The Patriots would be better this year with Wes on the team. Belichick did try to sign him this year and last year at the right price.

Because Wes is not on the team this year, might the Patriots be better off next year because of having to throw the rookies to the wolves?

I agree that Wes is better and the Pats would be better with him. But as I said above, being forced to get the two rookies to develop into reasonable weapons during the season makes this team better now, late in the season and so the playoffs this year than if it was just Gronk and Julian and Wes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Just rewatched the game with my son last night. Welker was useless! I think he's taken too many hits and is a shell of himself. You can almost see the "don't screw this up" look in his eyes.

While I know what you mean I dont really agree. He has been a big factor in Denver's historic offensive level through 11 games (I do suspect the cold and wind will slow them down SOME because Manning is not TB). I think Wes is still exceptionally good and has shown it this year. 

But I like having Gronk, Julian, Amendola and Tompkins and Dobson having had forced development time during the season over jut Gronk, Juian and Wes with the rookies not at all ready to play in the playoffs. It has just started to become and injuries not withstanding a more versatile and dangerous offense with our current array. The greatest downside is that our loss (of Wes) is Denver's gain and they are making good use of him; record setting pace use of him. If we play Denver in the playoffs I suspect homefield wins unless it is a balmy day and then Manning will be his dangerous Jeckle self and not his cold and windy Hyde persona.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It was just one game. I fully expect Wes to bounce back this week with a 10 catch 100 yard 2 touchdown performance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I agree that Wes is better and the Pats would be better with him. But as I said above, being forced to get the two rookies to develop into reasonable weapons during the season makes this team better now, late in the season and so the playoffs this year than if it was just Gronk and Julian and Wes.

I didn't see your post before I posted mine but we are basically saying the same thing but you think the improvement happens sooner than I do. You might be right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Imagine if Brady had all-pro caliber WR corps every season during his career instead of these "development projects"? 

He did once and they went 16-0.

That's it..   he had it ONCE!!!!  I can imagine how Manning would be crying if his GM and HC built an offense around him like the Pats do around Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It was just one game. I fully expect Wes to bounce back this week with a 10 catch 100 yard 2 touchdown performance.

I agree and you have to give credit to the NE D for how they defended him.  One "slow" game does not diminish a player's overall track record as being an excellent player at his position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The last thing I wish to do is threadcrap but I really do wish we, as a forum, would simply accept the fact that Wes Welker no longer plays for the NE Patriots and simply 'dance with them what brung us.'  The Pats are a different offensive team without WW and I seem to recall many wanting that very thing before all of the off-season 'drama' unfolded. Please - let's move on.

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The last thing I wish to do is threadcrap but I really do wish we, as a forum, would simply accept the fact that Wes Welker no longer plays for the NE Patriots and simply 'dance with them what brung us.' 

I'm not one to ever come in a thread and complain about what others choose to discuss. But I will admit I just don't understand why this issue has as much life as it does. WW is old news. And I seldom if ever criticize BB for the guys he chooses to let go. In that regard he is being a coach, and he is a great coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The Pats wouldn't be a better team if Wes was still here. It would still be"shut down Welker and you shut down the Pats" if he were still here. On, top of that he wouldn't have as many TD's, as the first or second option here, as he does as the third option in Denver! You can throw all the stats out there you want but they are still just lies!

Shut down Welker and you shut down the Pats doesn't really seem reasonable considering Gronkowski is such a beast.

Of course they'd be better.  Tom Brady is making a failed quarterback turned kick returner into an All Pro.  Imagine if the position was held by an All Pro!

Since Welker got here, every playoff game the Pats have lost is because the other team clogged the middle and took away Welker. The Jets did it, the Ravens did it twice and the Giants did it twice. So it looks pretty reasonable to me!

The fact that any team that could beat our offensive line and a rb with a four man front had nothing to do with it? The coaching staff having a number of brain farts. The Qb under constant pressure throwing picks, or the D that couldn't get one turn over or a three and out once had nothing to do with it? 

Nope, I'm just saying that clogging the middle to stop Wes meant the D-line didn't need to worry about the run and could pin their ears back and rush every down. That the brain farts the coaches had was to create an offense that allowed a team to put 9 in the box to stop both the run and the pass!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In the playoffs, Wes won't be able to have a bounce back game!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I agree and you have to give credit to the NE D for how they defended him.  One "slow" game does not diminish a player's overall track record as being an excellent player at his position.

Like I have said numerous times, Wes Welker is the Peyton Manning of slot receivers. Would you trade TB for PM? I don't think so.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

huge day for JE.  He just keeps getting better!  My goodness I miss Tebow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Lt. Chokes-a-lot belongs out in Denver with Captain Chokes-a-lot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why can't Edelman help inthe red zone?  And what about Amendola?  Hey Rusty... What happened to all the talk about Amendola coming to the Pats and be a major facto in the red zone because he was taller then Welker?  Remember all that talk?  If I get some free time I will see if I can find those threads.

Funny how you now turn to Edelman who cant see to help in the red zone either.  Glad he made some good plays.  He did have a good day.

BTW, TFB was awesome once again today. 

Sections
Shortcuts