Edelman offered 3 year deal, Pats waiting for answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Edelman offered 3 year deal, Pats waiting for answer

well, get the back up plan in place, Edelman rejected the Pats offer. I kind of thought it was low based on what other teams needs are, and his production last year. He could have been had last year for 3/$10M with $5M guaranteed...but wasn't meant to be

he was one of my favorite players over the past few years...will miss him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let this guy go, BB! Don't outbid yourself!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well I f Edelman is thinking he can play the market and hope the Pats offer will still be available, he will sadly be mistaken.  Pats have probably already moved on and have something else in place.  Interested to see what it is.  2nd year in a row Pats lose their production player and I lose my more faith in the passing game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 30m

The #Patriots and WR Julian Edelman couldn’t finalize negotiations and reach a deal. He’ll hit the market, per source.

There you have it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I f Edelman is thinking he can play the market and hope the Pats offer will still be available, he will sadly be mistaken.  Pats have probably already moved on and have something else in place.  Interested to see what it is.  2nd year in a row Pats lose their production player and I lose my more faith in the passing game.

[/QUOTE]

Yap, yap, yap. The fact that the Pats lost a much better 100 catch, 1000 yard WR last year and still managed to be a top 5 offense should show you that Brady makes these guys. Edelman's best chance at stsuing relevant is going to SD since Brees, Manning and Rogers don't need him.

If he doesn't sign with an elite QB, you'll see if Amendola doesn't post better numbers than him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yap, yap, yap. The fact that the Pats lost a much better 100 catch, 1000 yard WR last year and still managed to be a top 5 offense should show you that Brady makes these guys. Edelman's best chance at stsuing relevant is going to SD since Brees, Manning and Rogers don't need him.

If he doesn't sign with an elite QB, you'll see if Amendola doesn't post better numbers than him.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have no doubt Amendola can put up numbers, never said he couldn't.  He has been on my radar ever since he played with the Rams.  But his health has always been the BIG ?.  Still is, and always will be.  That has always been my #1 fear with this guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think Edelman is entering the free agent market to stay relevant. I think he is looking to get paid fair market value. He is looking at Amendola and Hartline and most likely Decker, and thinking the PAts low balled him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

We'll see what market is for JE soon enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think Edelman is entering the free agent market to stay relevant. I think he is looking to get paid fair market value. He is looking at Amendola and Hartline and most likely Decker, and thinking the PAts low balled him.

[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of any numbers? 

Earlier I reported 3 years $14 mill with $7 mill guaranteed.  Could hit $21 mill with incentives.  Now I thought that was for sure a keeper contract for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Earlier I reported 3 years $14 mill with $7 mill guaranteed.  Could hit $21 mill with incentives.  Now I thought that was for sure a keeper contract for him.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats can still up the offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats can still up the offer.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that.  I really wouldn't.  I bet they have moved on to plan B and will have it done shortly after 4pm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i have a bad feeling i am going to be under welmed.. Why do i see this going in the wrong direction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Amendola gets 16.75 in the first 3 years of his contract with incentives.  3/14 with up to 21 with incentives doesn't seem crazy off base to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola gets 16.75 in the first 3 years of his contract.  3/14 with up to 21 with incentives doesn't seem crazy off base to me.

[/QUOTE]

My nightmare is edelman says goodbye and Amendola is injured in training camp. I KNOW I SEE THIS HAPPENING. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because all these guys are white WRs it doesn't mean their market is equal. Hartline and Decker are outside WRs, Decker is probably the best of the guys you listed. His production will get him the largest deal of them all.

BB overpaid for Amendola, but he's not making that mistake again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because all these guys are white WRs it doesn't mean their market is equal. Hartline and Decker are outside WRs, Decker is probably the best of the guys you listed. His production will get him the largest deal of them all.

[/QUOTE]

funny, I see it exactly the opposite. I think I rank these guys as Amendola, Hartline, Edelman and then Decker...

the race of any of these guys never entered into my thinking...Amendola and Hartline simply were free agents last year, Decker and Edelman this year...I do feel they each bring a similar skill set, and thrive in a system offense that the Pats run expertly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

funny, I see it exactly the opposite. I think I rank these guys as Amendola, Hartline, Edelman and then Decker...

the race of any of these guys never entered into my thinking...Amendola and Hartline simply were free agents last year, Decker and Edelman this year...I do feel they each bring a similar skill set, and thrive in a system offense that the Pats run expertly.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Amendola is the best of them? I would say Decker, Welker, Hartline, Amendola and Edelman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Amendola is the best of them? I would say Decker, Welker, Hartline, Amendola and Edelman.

[/QUOTE]

DECKER!  Now we are talking!!

Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty said Denver will release Welker....

BB waiting in the weeds!!  Waiting for this release and BB snagging Welker back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DECKER!  Now we are talking!!

Smile

[/QUOTE]

I never said he was bad, I said he's not what you're hyping him up to be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Edelman is probably gone...good for him, get that $$$

The Pats would probably treat him like they did Welker and actually LOWER their offer if he comes back to them with another offer to match...they told him get it done by 4 PM...nope, dude is gone...no way he'd ever take less than what was offered by the Pats and he was unable to accept.

Sections
Shortcuts