Edelman resigned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Edelman resigned

What the 31 other teams saw:  Edelman is rather small, slow, and somewhat inexperienced for a receiver.  He gets low yards per catch.

What the Patriots saw:  Edelman has off-the-scale acceleration (better even than Wes Welker's combine numbers), he's bigger than Welker so he's a bit harder to bully around over the middle, he knows exactly what the quarterback is thinking because he was a quarterback, and he has a bit more room to grow next year as a receiver.  He's still learning things!  If Edelman's not open then they're double-covering him.  Almost all of his 105 catches either got first downs or moved the team to an easy second and short yardage.  Furthermore, he's up there with the best in the NFL at punt and kickoff returns.  Finally, he's six years younger than Welker and has plenty of tread left on his tires.  Oh, and Edelman doesn't drop the big catch or muff the big punt in the pressure games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

cant wait to see tfb12s motion picture now with Brady , Gronk, ameldola, and now Julian! Lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

What the 31 other teams saw:  Edelman is rather small, slow, and somewhat inexperienced for a receiver.  He gets low yards per catch.

What the Patriots saw:  Edelman has off-the-scale acceleration (better even than Wes Welker's combine numbers), he's bigger than Welker so he's a bit harder to bully around over the middle, he knows exactly what the quarterback is thinking because he was a quarterback, and he has a bit more room to grow next year as a receiver.  He's still learning things!  If Edelman's not open then they're double-covering him.  Almost all of his 105 catches either got first downs or moved the team to an easy second and short yardage.  Furthermore, he's up there with the best in the NFL at punt and kickoff returns.  Finally, he's six years younger than Welker and has plenty of tread left on his tires.  Oh, and Edelman doesn't drop the big catch or muff the big punt in the pressure games.

Last year was definitely a break out season for JE. He did what Amendola was brought here to do. Having both these guys is a little disturbing to me because they're the same type of receiver.

It would have been better for the Pats to be able to invest one of these players' $$$ into helping the OL / DL.

Hoping that Edelman's injury problems are a thing of the past and maybe the Pats can dump Amendola during the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Huh?  You really think they saw him differently? With today's talent evaluators, video analysys, and sports science studies conducted on today's players, I know u r wrong. They all see the same exact things. The difference is that BB and JE's teams came together and talked value. They didnt see it the same way. They agreed that JE would go and have his true value set in the market place with the understanding that once JE's reps were comfy with the established value, they would sit with the PATS, JE's desired team, and establish a fair rate. The risk is always that the league will see the intent and may not cooperate in making an offer that sets the most accurate price for the player's desired team. Thats all that happened here. Nothing more. Happens all the time. He was never leaving the PATS.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Glad they signed Edelman, but let's hope he's not the number one option again.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Meh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Just confirmed by Shefter, no other info about contract length or amount yet

Found out not to many were intrested.Pats gave in and now Edelman is happy and always wanted to stay ? If you believe that ? All about money not team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy goes out to test the market, realizes that he's nothing more than a failed QB turned kick returner turned Tom Brady Pass Catcher and comes back with his tail between his legs to ride Brady's coattails for another season because everyone else knows that he's just not worth what he thinks he is.

Great.

The Pats, the sorry boyfriend who was waiting by the phone while his unattractive girlfriend was out at the bar trying to get laid, should have told him to pound sand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The guy goes out to test the market, realizes that he's nothing more than a failed QB turned kick returner turned Tom Brady Pass Catcher and comes back with his tail between his legs to ride Brady's coattails for another season because everyone else knows that he's just not worth what he thinks he is.

Great.

The Pats, the sorry boyfriend who was waiting by the phone while his unattractive girlfriend was out at the bar trying to get laid, should have told him to pound sand.

Egad, that's a horribly negative spin on a positive outcome. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I'm still giddy over getting Aiken locked up.

You keep forgetting the 3rd string tight end. Hoomanawanui is a big signing too...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

Anyone proclaiming bringing him back is not a good move is a moron. He's entering his prime, proved he could play the Welker role, if not do more schematically with a bigger frame on the outside (getting deep, being a sideline threat, etc), and offers a ton even if not a star player.

What more could you want?

The continuity he provides alone is worthy of being happy about this.  

The WR is now set with he and LaFell.  TE is very thin, but you have to think they may be looking early in the draft there.

Pats WILL draft DT/TE round 1-2 or vice versa no doubt in my mind.

also, if they paid edelman more than 3/12-14. he's got the bad foot. had one good year on it. he's a great player no doubt but I think this hinders Amendola. I have a good feeling DA stays healthy this year and he will put up huge games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

It's frustrating that Amendola had the groin issue, but I don't really get why people dislike his toughness and solid production with that injury. Most guys would have quit on the year or not produced as well with a groin tear.

I also don't think people understand his contract or appreciate a chemistry is needed to be developed with Brady. My main concern with Brady and Amendola is Brady ignoring him in Denver. I wish we could find out more about that with the media simply asking why a guy who had such a strong finish to the season, was ignored, wide open numerous times in Denver.

I fully expect every WR on the roster last year to be a bit better this coming season, overall.   Very impressed with Dobson and Thompkins and I hope Boyce can benefit from a full camp and improve to help out. That guy might have the most upside.

I thought from the getgo that Boyce would be our most productive rook WR but the foot injury slowed his playbook learning, development, etc. so i dont think we've seen abything close to what he CAN be. he can be very good, and thats what im holding out for.

I dont think KT makes the team anymore. just a hunch.

If Dobson can rehab that foot and stay healthy throughout camp, I see him as a huge breakout. 70-80rec, 1000+ yrds, 8tds. I really think if he's 100% that is his capability in his second year.

I really hope DA can stay healthy this year because if he does it will end the WW/DA debate imo, bcz if DA can be 100% for 16+weeks, he will put up WW #'s

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Anyone proclaiming bringing him back is not a good move is a moron. He's entering his prime, proved he could play the Welker role, if not do more schematically with a bigger frame on the outside (getting deep, being a sideline threat, etc), and offers a ton even if not a star player.

The WR is now set with he and LaFell.  TE is very thin, but you have to think they may be looking early in the draft there.

also, if they paid edelman more than 3/12-14. he's got the bad foot. had one good year on it. he's a great player no doubt but I think this hinders Amendola. I have a good feeling DA stays healthy this year and he will put up huge games

It's frustrating that Amendola had the groin issue, but I don't really get why people dislike his toughness and solid production with that injury. Most guys would have quit on the year or not produced as well with a groin tear.

I also don't think people understand his contract or appreciate a chemistry is needed to be developed with Brady. My main concern with Brady and Amendola is Brady ignoring him in Denver. I wish we could find out more about that with the media simply asking why a guy who had such a strong finish to the season, was ignored, wide open numerous times in Denver.

I fully expect every WR on the roster last year to be a bit better this coming season, overall.   Very impressed with Dobson and Thompkins and I hope Boyce can benefit from a full camp and improve to help out. That guy might have the most upside.

Strong finish to the season???  Really???  Wide open numerous times against Denver?  When were those???

How about he got one pass right on the numbers and dropped it?.

Never played the same after the concussion.

Do you think you can just make up crap and people will just swallow and ask for more?

Delusional!!!!

There's a very good reason people want him cut.  And there's a very good reason people didn't want him in the first place.  Other than one game, He SUCKED.

Unfortunately bb overpaid and we are stuck with him.

In Lombardi we trust!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

cant wait to see tfb12s motion picture now with Brady , Gronk, ameldola, and now Julian! Lol

Been thinking about that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

He's not. Gronk is.

Also, when Brady was leading us to strategic and methodical playoff and SB wins, he didn't have a "number 1" option, which was part of his genius.

Ever since 2007 happened, morons fans clamor to put a number next to the WR only as if there is an NFL law that you have to have numbers assigned based on appaent talent level from a video game ranking or fantasy football.

Unfortunately for you, you're in that group of fans. lol

How's it going dumbo? Kind of nice to see the Patriots go get some real talent in the off season for a change, isn't it? Refreshing to see us want a guy (Browner) and not let him get away. Nice to see them over pay a little for a guy Lafelle, where last year they would of just said...nah, we'll just sign Miachael Jenkins. Or how about when we had Dashon Goldson in front of us and said...you want how much? We'll just go get Steven Gregory.

Nice to see this team doing what many of us said they could of/should of been doing for the last few years. You know what I like most about our resigning of Edelman? That this isn't our "big free agent signing" of the year. That we won't be hearing about how we're almost done spending and have to worry about the implications of the cap in years going forward, or how we need to be fiscally responsible...how the value just has to be there for it to make sense, what's the return on the investment going to be, etc. That has been so refreshing.

I love our signings so far, they are young guys in their primes or getting there. No more Adrian Wilson's who can barely walk...no more Jonathan Fanene's, or Shaun Ellis's (two years past his prime). These are real players. How does that feel to you rusto?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

He's not. Gronk is.

Also, when Brady was leading us to strategic and methodical playoff and SB wins, he didn't have a "number 1" option, which was part of his genius.

Ever since 2007 happened, morons fans clamor to put a number next to the WR only as if there is an NFL law that you have to have numbers assigned based on appaent talent level from a video game ranking or fantasy football.

Unfortunately for you, you're in that group of fans. lol

How's it going dumbo? Kind of nice to see the Patriots go get some real talent in the off season for a change, isn't it? Refreshing to see us want a guy (Browner) and not let him get away. Nice to see them over pay a little for a guy Lafelle, where last year they would of just said...nah, we'll just sign Miachael Jenkins. Or how about when we had Dashon Goldson in front of us and said...you want how much? We'll just go get Steven Gregory.

Nice to see this team doing what many of us said they could of/should of been doing for the last few years. You know what I like most about our resigning of Edelman? That this isn't our "big free agent signing" of the year. That we won't be hearing about how we're almost done spending and have to worry about the implications of the cap in years going forward, or how we need to be fiscally responsible...how the value just has to be there for it to make sense, what's the return on the investment going to be, etc. That has been so refreshing.

I love our signings so far, they are young guys in their primes or getting there. No more Adrian Wilson's who can barely walk...no more Jonathan Fanene's, or Shaun Ellis's (two years past his prime). These are real players. How does that feel to you rusto?

It doesn't change anything.  BB doesn't let the market play him.  You wanted Courtland FInnegan in here, Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Mario Williams and every single overpaid FA off the lockout in 2011, 2012 and even last year.

You said it right here yourself.

You said this:

"I wish BB did what the Jets did."

You said that. You cannot lie about that now.

What BB has done is build his base to leverage those overpaid FAs in a flooded market, to the get the price he wants. Go look at your Jets now with 40 million in cap space. No one wants to go there!  Why? NO team build.  Lame duck coach. Circus.  

Meanwhile, BB has a base built wisely and methodically to leverage the market the MAKE THIS HAPPEN.  I am the one who told you about this when I said to be patient with the teambuild through the draft. All the teams that knee jerked the union based bloated deals offt the lockout (we had two of our own, but at least with Mankie and Brady, they're our own people), NOW COMPLETELY SUCK, have missed the playoffs, and will continue to.

Kelly, Wilson, etc, were good signings last year at a good price and position of need, as veterans. Neither had been hurt really as a pattern at ANY time in their careers.

Revis blew out his leg in 2012, KElly in 2007.   Vince got hurt for once, as did Wilson. These are called bad luck injuries.  Kelly was OUTSTANDING down the middle to start the season.

Your irrational and disingenuous bandwagon commentary here is pathetic. This is real life, not a videogame, pea brain.  These are human beings living real life where crap happens. The world is an imperfect place. Step out of the video game world for 2 seconds and pretend you're an adult. At least pretend.

lmao

I've nailed this entire process and you just run away in January when Brady chokes. The question is, will you do it again this January?

I can literally look around the league and know who is a playoff team and who isn't simply by HOW each team built itself off the lockout.  FACT.

That's why I put my premises to the test and win bets here so frequently. Our bet should be interesting.    You probably think Baltimore is locked and loaded losing Arthur Jones, Jacoby Jones, Oher, Ray Rice overpaid, Kubiak a brand new OC which Flacco may not like, discombobulation at Safety, a thin TE group, thin WR group, no LBs and an old edge rusher who is overpaid now and fading.

Because that is what you do. You fall for names on jerseys, the flavor of the day, etc, so you can sniff your blankie at night and be told everything is ok. lmao

Travis Bean... Are you the Turd aka Deadhead aka Rusty ????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Strong finish to the season???  Really???  Wide open numerous times against Denver?  When were those???

How about he got one pass right on the numbers and dropped it?.

Never played the same after the concussion.

Do you think you can just make up crap and people will just swallow and ask for more?

Delusional!!!!

There's a very good reason people want him cut.  And there's a very good reason people didn't want him in the first place.  Other than one game, He SUCKED.

Unfortunately bb overpaid and we are stuck with him.

In Lombardi we trust!

One was on the 3rd and short.  The one he "dropped" was a laser as he got popped. Far from a real drop. If Brady simply reads the play sooner, it's a catch with some YAC.

Edelman was wide open deep in the game and Brady missed him too.   It had been going on all year. Brady loses a binky like Gronk and he doesn't know what to do. It's called eroding fundamental skills from a QB who had been widly spoiled in years past.

Can't wait for you to try to come in here this year to start scapegoating this year's passing weapons.  

You will do anything to excuse Brady's fading play in the postseason. Anything.  

Brady had the only other MVP vote because of the s hit hand he was dealt and won with.

Brady knew exactly what to do when Gronk went down.  Throw to the guys that can catch and are open to make that catch,

He didn't rely on scamandola because he wasn't that guy. The guy that made 1/10th his salary was.

Manning overthrew at least 4 receivers, in fact that's the only reason the D ever got off the field as he overthrew a receiver to end the ONLY non scoring drive.. 

It happens every single game with every single QB.  Disappointing, sure.  Not unusual.

Did you happen to catch the overthrows from your imaginary boyfriend, Smith?  LOL Pathetic.

How is dropping a ball when hit, far from a drop?  Do you know what a drop is?

Sorry but scammy became pussified after his concussion.  It's true. 

Quit trying to save face for bb.  It's not working.  Bad contracts are bad contracts and that one was a doozy and reeked of bb desperation after WW gave him the finger.

On a more pleasant note, we are now happy with Lombardi's influence. Hopefully the Revis signing turns out to be more than a one year rental.  We shall see.

We may actually now have a chance after bb wasted the talent of the GOAT for years, with an inferior supporting cast.

Thank You, Lombardi.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So what's the contract details?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who cares what Travis Bean thinks? That fool spent all last summer and last season telling everyone that Revis was done.  And now?  BB is smart for taking Revis, who fits perfectly into the system.

No one listens to a thing you say here, Rusty Trombone...for good reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Who cares what Travis Bean thinks? That fool spent all last summer and last season telling everyone that Revis was done.  And now?  BB is smart for taking Revis, who fits perfectly into the system.

Yeah, not just signing Revis, but claiming that it was BB's pla all along to let Talib walk and sign the "overrated" Revis, making him the highest paid corner by 20% and pushing half his cap hit into next year.  BB, the genius.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Actually he said Revis is overrated, but maybe Revis can change his mind.  

Sections
Shortcuts