Edelman sucks in the giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Edelman sucks in the giants

We all know that Victor Cruz and company are salivating over seeing Edelman on the field as a DB. I was thinking that BB realizes this and will use it to his advantage. The giants will recognize Edelman in coverage and feel they have an advantage. BB will use Edelman like a Trojan horse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Edelman sucks in the giants

I seriously doubt Edelman will be playing much defense for the SB.  Didn't he play during the Ravens because Arrington was out at the time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I sort of agree with TFB that they won't be using Edelman much if others are healthy, but there is something intriguing about using him as a decoy to attract a pass to a particular spot that you actually have well covered. You'd have to get Eli to think that a receiver is going to be covered singly, man-to-man by Edelman, but then bring another DB over to help cover the receiver and maybe let Edelman jump the route and go for an interception.  Might work if Edelman was on a likely outlet receiver and the D-line was able to pressure Eli into making a quick throw. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman sucks in the giants:
    I sort of agree with TFB that they won't be using Edelman much if others are healthy, but there is something intriguing about using him as a decoy to attract a pass to a particular spot that you actually have well covered. You'd have to get Eli to think that a receiver is going to be covered singly, man-to-man by Edelman, but then bring another DB over to help cover the receiver and maybe let Edelman jump the route and go for an interception.  Might work if Edelman was on a likely outlet receiver and the D-line was able to pressure Eli into making a quick throw. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Problem with that is that it leaves 4 to 5 other receivers with single coverage. These defenses face similar issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman sucks in the giants:
    I seriously doubt Edelman will be playing much defense for the SB.  Posted by TFB12

The truth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

At some point, I am expecting BB to have Edelmann blitz and sack a shocked Eli Manning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

And, Edelman is absolutely exactly BB's guy to pull off a gimmick.  He's been around for 3 years and he's the fastest learner on the team, except possibly for Tom Brady who came from nowhere at the beginning of his second year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman used to be a QB, right?  Well Edelman will come in motion, get the handoff from Brady and Edelman will throw a TD pass to a streaking Ocho!  Edelman will then run along the Giants bench, pointing and celebrating!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i agree. he will be used on d sparingly. yet edelman gets my vote for the unlikely mvp of the sb.

i imagine this kind of game from him...

makes three 25+ punt returns, each setting up scoring drives for the pats in the first and third Qs

jams manningham at the los on the way to a Q2 sack fumble on eli on 3rd and 5 at the nyg 35. nyg punts
    on the ensuing pats drive, edelman catches a 35 yarder to set up his td catch a couple of plays later.

his first half play sets the tone for the entire game.

he then finishes off by picking off manning for a td in the third to break nyg's back

i know this is all crazy... yet it could happen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

In response to "Re: Edelman sucks in the giants":
    Edelman used to be a QB, right?  Well Edelman will come in motion, get the handoff from Brady and Edelman will throw a TD pass to a streaking Ocho!  Edelman will then run along the Giants bench, pointing and celebrating!! Posted by TFB12
    What, like John Wensink? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-85qLSvztnQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sections
Shortcuts