Edelman visiting Giants?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Edelman visiting Giants?

Free agent WR Julian Edelman is visiting the Giants.

It's the first we've heard of Edelman since the start of free agency. The local media has been expecting Edelman to re-sign with the Patriots, but ESPN Boston believes the broken foot that landed him on injured reserve last December has been stalling his market. Edelman may be steamed the Pats signed Danny Amendola to replace Wes Welker instead of giving him a chance in the slot, but he'd have more depth-chart climbing to do in New York than New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Edelman visiting Giants?

Revenge for the Ballard signing?

Cruz insurance?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

would rather keep him

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

big special team loss...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Top 5 punt returner....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Washington will make up for any loss in production in STs and given Jones and Amendola I don't think we need another injury prone WR in the core. Need to add some durable depth and a #2 right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Washington will make up for any loss in production in STs and given Jones and Amendola I don't think we need another injury prone WR in the core. Need to add some durable depth and a #2 right now.

LOL Eng you know what is going to happen right?

Pats are going to draft a WR or TWO who fall into that "reliable/durable" category you are always pontificating about. With valid cause I might add.

We will all be excited.

They will both go down to season ending injuries before the season starts. LOL

It's like the guy preparing for the flood, preparing, preparing, every contingency plan covered for the flood then the house burns down or a tree falls on it. Haha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I may be a sucker but I want to see Edelman back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

LOL Eng you know what is going to happen right?

Pats are going to draft a WR or TWO who fall into that "reliable/durable" category you are always pontificating about. With valid cause I might add.

We will all be excited.

They will both go down to season ending injuries before the season starts. LOL

It's like the guy preparing for the flood, preparing, preparing, every contingency plan covered for the flood then the house burns down or a tree falls on it. Haha.

I know sadly. But I'd feel better about it and say ____ happens. But if they get more players that have known injury prone issues and they get injured all you can say was, didn't you learn anything from the past. I understand injures happen but they tend to happen more to certain people then others for one odd reason or another. If it happens to someone who has been known to be durable you shrug your shoulders but if it happens to a player that always seems to get hurt over and over again then you have to say, it doesn't take a psychic to see that coming

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TFB12 is on suicide watch. =D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I like Edelman, would be nice to have him back. He'll fit in well with Amendola, just a couple of dudes chilling on the IR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought he was making some strides as a receiver last year, but then he got hurt again. Personally I don't think this guy will ever be anything more than an injury waiting to happen...some guys are built for this...some are not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is interesting.  While I have never been really high on Edelman I think he was a good backup to have.  He has a a ton of heart and willing to play anywhere and do anything to just get some time on the field.  He certainly isn't a starting receiver but I would like to keep him if he can stay for a fairly cheap price.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This is interesting.  While I have never been really high on Edelman I think he was a good backup to have.  He has a a ton of heart and willing to play anywhere and do anything to just get some time on the field.  He certainly isn't a starting receiver but I would like to keep him if he can stay for a fairly cheap price.

the only thing i know about edelman is when welker first came up for FA and was franchised the "how dare he not kiss the pats ***" crowd were saying to let him walk because edelman could do what welker does and step right in as a replacement

funny then, hilarious now

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Good luck to him.  I believe we can upgrade him at wr and Washington will be jag on special teams.  I never bought into the camp he's a backup QB. The marginal guys we need to upgrade.  Woody, edleman, etc.  bb is going to raid udfa and camp cuts. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

anyone at camp last summer could easily see Edelmn was the Pats best WR and was a beast. quick like Wes, fast, caught everything, had chemistry with TB. c/b as good as Amendola if he gets the opp. Pats are crazy if they lose this guy for $1.0-$1.2M

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i hope they re-sign him, he is valuable in the slot and on special teams obviously.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

He has talent but he could learn a thing or two from a guy like Branch who knew how to step out of bounds or hit the ground to avoid a brutal hit.   Edelman takes guys head on.  That's a contributing factor to his constant injury history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Fun player to watch, hope nothing but the best for him. Was never sure how he fit into the Pats plans. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Fun player to watch, hope nothing but the best for him. Was never sure how he fit into the Pats plans. 

Good post, plain and simple and pretty much sums it up right there.

The guy has heart for sure.  I still can picture him playing defense giving his all, getting burned at times but the guy was out there competing and doing what he could do help the team. You cheer for guys like that.  

Sections
Shortcuts