Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Edelman

Does anyone here think that he will get more looks on offense in the near future? He has been a stud when he has the ball in his hands, so why are we not getting the ball in his hands? WR, RB, Wildcat QB, I DON'T CARE. Get this man some balls on offense and set him loose. He could releive Welker or Branch and in the case of the latter he could fill in quite nicely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Edelman

In Response to Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone here think that he will get more looks on offense in the near future? He has been a stud when he has the ball in his hands, so why are we not getting the ball in his hands? WR, RB, Wildcat QB, I DON'T CARE. Get this man some balls on offense and set him loose. He could releive Welker or Branch and in the case of the latter he could fill in quite nicely.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

like him with the ball. hasnt been terribly reliable in catching seems to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I don't think we see him much on offense because his skillset is too similar to Welker's.  If he could play effectively as an outside receiver I think he would have been given more reps there already.  And as long as Brady's under center, I don't think you're going to see much wildcat offense in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He can't catch a ball to save his life, he's only useful when he gets the ball in his hands. Sadly, he struggles getting it there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

that last post is ridiculous! Can't catch the ball? When Welker was hurt he filled in for him great. He never had trouble catching the ball and has great moves. He catches punts with people all around him, sometimes getting hit immediately. The only thing i can't understand is why he's not returning kicks. I love Woodhead, but he's not a kick returner. They need to try Edelman as an outside receiver, I'm sure he could do it. This guy is a real athlete

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

most of the posters on this blog have been trying to cut him for the 3 years he has been here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

offense?

I want to keep seeing him on Defense. Hes been really good, and a Solid tackler. Hes got the speed to come off the edge on a blitz(as seen in the eagles game), He hits hard(knocked LT out for a game) and he makes excellent open field tackles(tackling young to save a potential TD)

would he do well on offense? of course, but right now hes doing a pretty great job in reliefe on D Keep letting him do it i say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's just not as good at WR than the guys currently in front of him. he is dynamic with the ball in his hands. I put the honus on O'Brien and BB to figure out more ways to use him in the offense. However, given our offensive firepower, I don't think at this point, his contributions would be huge.

I would like to see us run a few trick plays from time to time with Edelman in there. Wildcat, or have him pass the ball. I would save this however for something down the stretch.

His most value right now is on ST and defense. As decent as he has been playing on the defensive side of the ball, it will be a long day for us if he gets any significant time. Not that he couldn't eventually do it, but he just doesn't have the experience now to be a full time starter.

He is quickly carving out a niche for himself as the jack of all trades, which is a very valuable skill to have on this team. If he can continue to progress on defense, his value goes up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Edelman:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we see him much on offense because his skillset is too similar to Welker's.  If he could play effectively as an outside receiver I think he would have been given more reps there already.  And as long as Brady's under center, I don't think you're going to see much wildcat offense in NE.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

This post is correct. Your not taking Welker out and If you think Eldeman can play on the outside with an consistency. I say you are crazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

He could be a Kevin Faulk 3rd down back . Catch screens, swing passes, draws, but this is a tougher job requirement because of pass blocking .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Has once again, become a very useful player.  Here in New England, either you are useful or you are gone.  Ask Albert Hayneworth...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

On his way to the defense.  Every tackle I've seen him make has been a stick. Think BB has found a new CB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well he can't catch so the whole WR thing's not really working so if he wants to keep his job I'd say he better stay on Defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He is just like Welker except...he can't catch, get's hurt every 3.1 touches of the football and isn't a good wide receiver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Have to disagree with all the posters who say he can't catch.

Welker missed a first down catch against the Eagles.  I know it dosen't happen often but he does drop some from time to time.

How 'bout Tiquan.  Yeah, he's great.  He got some real separation the other day except he didn't catch the ball.

Everyone keeps calling for Price.  Maybe the reason he isn't in there is because he may have dropped a bunch of passes in practice.

They all drop 'em.  Desean Jackson dropped a sure td Sunday.

So when has Edelman dropped a pass recently? He hasn't even played wr hardly at all this year. But seems he can catch a punt pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

His play as a WR and kick/punt returner has been inconsistent. He filled in pretty well when Welker was out...then he disappeared.
    Same thing as a returner. One minute he returns a long one....then he disappears or fumbles it.

Everyone here is clamoring over his defensive skills now.......until he gets burned for a long one....then everyone will be asking for his jock strap.

He's being used a lot right now because the Patriots are desperate in the secondary thru injuries and releases.Heaven forbid that he throws for TD during some wildcat play....end he'll be declared the next Brady....lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]His play as a WR and kick/punt returner has been inconsistent. He filled in pretty well when Welker was out...then he disappeared. Same thing as a returner. One minute he returns a long one....then he disappears or fumbles it. Everyone here is clamoring over his defensive skills now.......until he gets burned for a long one....then everyone will be asking for his jock strap. He's being used a lot right now because the Patriots are desperate in the secondary thru injuries and releases.Heaven forbid that he throws for TD during some wildcat play....end he'll be declared the next Brady....lol.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Inconsistant?? he has the best punt return average in Patriots history and hes ranked 6th in the NFL. Inconsistant?? How about great punt returner, inconsistant reciever and KR man but very versitile. People have to remember that he didn't play WR in college and he still has a ton of learning to do but hes a good back up to Welker, great on special teams and now used on defense.  I dont expect him to become our nickle corner but we know BB like versitile players. I agree that fans who dont know anything about football will expect him to never get beat or miss a tackle but its going to happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Have to disagree with all the posters who say he can't catch. Welker missed a first down catch against the Eagles.  I know it dosen't happen often but he does drop some from time to time. How 'bout Tiquan.  Yeah, he's great.  He got some real separation the other day except he didn't catch the ball. Everyone keeps calling for Price.  Maybe the reason he isn't in there is because he may have dropped a bunch of passes in practice. They all drop 'em.  Desean Jackson dropped a sure td Sunday. So when has Edelman dropped a pass recently? He hasn't even played wr hardly at all this year. But seems he can catch a punt pretty good.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Refer to my post above for reason why he hasn't hardly played WR this year :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The open field tackle on a Vince Young(no small, slow QB) and the (dare I say) Rodney like QB hit on Young were text book defensive plays. This guy is a football player.

Some here will say he isn't a good wr, or he isn't a good return man. This is not true. He has done what the coaches have asked him to do. He is a keeper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've been to plenty of games over the past few years and trust me there is a reason why this guy is no longer getting reps in our offense when we clearly could use a guy with young legs at wideout. This kid fights the ball on any pass over ten yards. I've seen him run crossing patterns that were over ten yards - Brady finds him - and then wham the thing bounces off his hands. Sure he can catch a screen or something short and turn around and make something happen, but he gets hurt a lot, plus we already got guys that do that. We need someone to stretch things in this offense...not another short option.

He's looked pretty good on defense though, I'm just stunned he hasn't got hurt yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edelman : Refer to my post above for reason why he hasn't hardly played WR this year :)
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    You must be an expert.  I highly doubt it though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I've been to plenty of games over the past few years and trust me there is a reason why this guy is no longer getting reps in our offense when we clearly could use a guy with young legs at wideout. This kid fights the ball on any pass over ten yards. I've seen him run crossing patterns that were over ten yards - Brady finds him - and then wham the thing bounces off his hands. Sure he can catch a screen or something short and turn around and make something happen, but he gets hurt a lot, plus we already got guys that do that. We need someone to stretch things in this offense...not another short option. He's looked pretty good on defense though, I'm just stunned he hasn't got hurt yet.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Another expert on the wide receiver position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I've been to plenty of games over the past few years and trust me there is a reason why this guy is no longer getting reps in our offense when we clearly could use a guy with young legs at wideout. This kid fights the ball on any pass over ten yards. I've seen him run crossing patterns that were over ten yards - Brady finds him - and then wham the thing bounces off his hands. Sure he can catch a screen or something short and turn around and make something happen, but he gets hurt a lot, plus we already got guys that do that. We need someone to stretch things in this offense...not another short option. He's looked pretty good on defense though, I'm just stunned he hasn't got hurt yet.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Just about everyone on the team is hurt right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]He's just not as good at WR than the guys currently in front of him. he is dynamic with the ball in his hands. I put the honus on O'Brien and BB to figure out more ways to use him in the offense. However, given our offensive firepower, I don't think at this point, his contributions would be huge. I would like to see us run a few trick plays from time to time with Edelman in there. Wildcat, or have him pass the ball. I would save this however for something down the stretch. His most value right now is on ST and defense. As decent as he has been playing on the defensive side of the ball, it will be a long day for us if he gets any significant time. Not that he couldn't eventually do it, but he just doesn't have the experience now to be a full time starter. He is quickly carving out a niche for himself as the jack of all trades, which is a very valuable skill to have on this team. If he can continue to progress on defense, his value goes up.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

nice post. agree across teh board

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]On his way to the defense.  Every tackle I've seen him make has been a stick. Think BB has found a new CB.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

he has looked good.

Sections
Shortcuts