Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Edelman

Anyone know exactly what he did that ticked off Brady?

I really can't stand this guy, although I know many think he's captain amazing. His "contribution" so far this year was to take out Hernandez for a huge chunk of the season. Today he blew something badly & dropped a huge pass that fell right into his hands. Yes, Welker had a pair of drops, but Welker catches a LOT of balls and picks up a LOT of 1st downs on 3rd down plays

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Edelman

I think sucking had something to do with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He thinks he is a receiver. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

He fooled brady on a route!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He fooled brady on a route!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard the announcer say something like that, so I'm guessing he ran the wrong route, but thought someone might know more

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

At least he is not taking snaps away from Welker anymore... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He thinks he is a receiver. 

[/QUOTE]

been saying that foreva.

doesnt have the hands of a wr.

suggested we get another replacement for ww last year becasue of this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Maybe it is pretty much time to let the great Edelman experiment come to an end. He has 61 catches for 579 yards in his career and more than half of both of those totals came in his rookie year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe it is pretty much time to let the great Edelman experiment come to an end. He has 61 catches for 579 yards in his career and more than half of both of those totals came in his rookie year.

[/QUOTE]

frnk,

here's the deal. bb has his favorites. and too often they are players whose talent or play do not merit beign a starter, or soemtimes even a positon on the team.

overrated by bb imo are mayo (teh dough they are paying is enough for a top playmaker)

mccourty, enough said

edelman.

probably others not at the top of my miind at the moment.

we shoudl throw arrington in there too. never should have been a starter at corner.

chung, overdrafted, cannot have a safety who is terrrible in coverage ("strong" or free) in this passing league (reemains a starter).

while im on the secondary, cole should see more time as long as we have this current group. and in the offseason gregory and chung need to be upgraded. talib kept or replaced with a competent cb. hopefully dennard can become a good corner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

read that Edelman missed his blocking assignement before releasing, forcing brady to throw mcuh quicker than he wanted. Then Edelman ran the wrong route. Edelamn is ok but he is a JAG. Never understood folks in here saying let WW go we got Edelman!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

read that Edelman missed his blocking assignement before releasing, forcing brady to throw mcuh quicker than he wanted. Then Edelman ran the wrong route. Edelamn is ok but he is a JAG. Never understood folks in here saying let WW go we got Edelman!

[/QUOTE]

yes, hes a fast, tough, jack of all trades, master of none, jag.

:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nothing against Edelman. Obviously he is an incredible athelete. But he no more than NFL filler. A feel good kind of guy that the fans love, and..... overrate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't even get mad at the guy anymore - he is what he is. He's a guy that really can't catch and he's a guy that would just get injured if he could. Good guy for a game here or there catching two yard passes and extending them to ten yard gaines (before going down with injury), but not a guy that can run a NFL route and catch a pass from there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't blame Edelmen, blame Belichick for drafting these bums and trying to convert them to wr's! Edelmen was a qb in college not a wr, yet Belichick is so intelligent he draft's junk like him and puts them at wr, or sometimes db, while other teams are drafting legit, talented recievers! Pats need too draft a reciever like Marquise Lee from USC in the draft, even if they have to pull an Atlanta (Julio Jones) and trade a bunch of picks to land a talent like him, but that will never happen!

[/QUOTE]

The Pats cant do this because they traded draft picks needed to move up for a stud like Lee for Talib, Albert and Ocho

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Brady explains fire with Edelman

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4734193/brady-explains-fire-with-edelman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he told the OL not to block, knew he was the #1 read, and didn't get open on purpose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't blame Edelmen, blame Belichick for drafting these bums and trying to convert them to wr's! Edelmen was a qb in college not a wr, yet Belichick is so intelligent he draft's junk like him and puts them at wr, or sometimes db, while other teams are drafting legit, talented recievers! Pats need too draft a reciever like Marquise Lee from USC in the draft, even if they have to pull an Atlanta (Julio Jones) and trade a bunch of picks to land a talent like him, but that will never happen!

[/QUOTE]

The Pats cant do this because they traded draft picks needed to move up for a stud like Lee for Talib, Albert and Ocho

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

All of our players sux, I don't know how we win nearly every week, it's a mystery?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, it blew my mind when so many people were thinking Edelman can take Welkers time and spot.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Edelman is a JAG but a JAG that plays multiple roles which is why he's on the team. He's a 5th WR, main PR, emergency CB, emergency QB, and a 2 unit ST gunner. That's his role. As such he's opening roster spots because of the amount of roles he fills that would normally be taken up by JAGs which gives BB flexibility within the roster to carry extra guys. As such to me he has a welcome spot on the team. I mean really people you can't fill all 53 spots with pro-bowl caliber players, you do need JAGs to fill certain roles on the cheap

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman is a JAG but a JAG that plays multiple roles which is why he's on the team. He's a 5th WR, main PR, emergency CB, emergency QB, and a 2 unit ST gunner. That's his role. As such he's opening roster spots because of the amount of roles he fills that would normally be taken up by JAGs which gives BB flexibility within the roster to carry extra guys. As such to me he has a welcome spot on the team. I mean really people you can't fill all 53 spots with pro-bowl caliber players, you do need JAGs to fill certain roles on the cheap

[/QUOTE]

unitl you try to make him a starting wr. tehn you are jsut hurting the team.

by the way, mankins looked liek crap after he got injured (until he came out)

25. This post has been removed.