Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Edelman

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Edelman plays like one crazy dude. Thats why he gets hurt. Never takes plays off, wish we had more.

He stayed pretty healthy this season despite it being his busiest so far. JE is ome of the best all around athletes in the league and is the definition of player diversity. You gotta love his style of play. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

The same contract as Amendola.

Yep. Or a bit more.  He'll work with BB and stay for a 3-4 year deal.  They can give him most of the guaranteed money in 2015 and 2016.

He's been the offense's MVP if not team MVP.  Thanks again to BB for making another correct decision.

Resigning Welker AND Edelman = better decision than signing Amendola and resigning Edelman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Yep. Or a bit more.  He'll work with BB and stay for a 3-4 year deal.  They can give him most of the guaranteed money in 2015 and 2016.

He's been the offense's MVP if not team MVP.  Thanks again to BB for making another correct decision.

you see, this is total BS. BB left Edelman twisting in the wind for almost 2 months this past free agency period. Edelman went to NY to talk with the Jints. If the Jints offered Edelman $1M, he would have walked on the PAts.

BB signed Edelman for only 1 year at $750k...if BB was so smart, he would have signed Edelman for 3/$6M with game incentives. Now BB has to watch Edelman walk way or guarantee him $10-$12M

Bad move by BB

You're a fraud loser.  People were calling him Edelwoman right up into camp this year, including you.  You're a fraud. A legendary fraud.

Every single move BB makes, even if a good one, you sit there all arrogant with some kind of an armchair angle that spins some kind of a negative.  You're doing it right now.

"he shoulda done this..he shoulda done that"....WHAT A LOSER you are.

Edelman ain't going anywhere. I'll take a wager from you right now on that subject, turdling.

Muzzy just destroyed you, too. Destroyed you as the Debbie Downer troll you are.

RKrap..aka The Krapper^^^

Your obsession with excreta is repugnant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

you see, this is total BS. BB left Edelman twisting in the wind for almost 2 months this past free agency period. Edelman went to NY to talk with the Jints. If the Jints offered Edelman $1M, he would have walked on the PAts.

BB signed Edelman for only 1 year at $750k...if BB was so smart, he would have signed Edelman for 3/$6M with game incentives. Now BB has to watch Edelman walk way or guarantee him $10-$12M

Bad move by BB

You're a fraud loser.  People were calling him Edelwoman right up into camp this year, including you.  You're a fraud. A legendary fraud.

Every single move BB makes, even if a good one, you sit there all arrogant with some kind of an armchair angle that spins some kind of a negative.  You're doing it right now.

Edelman ain't going anywhere. I'll take a wager from you right now on that subject, turdling.

Muzzy just destroyed you, too. Destroyed you as the Debbie Downer troll you are.

This is a great backpedal. Why won't you respond to Rkarp's post? Why did BB take so long to offer Edelman a contract? Why only 1 year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Would hate to lose him after last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

They won't pay him Amendola money. He will either sign for a few mil or BB will let him walk. It is quite unlikely BB will spend some big bucks on a guy who has been hurt in the past and has one good year under his belt, when he has invested and seen some marginally decent work from a few new guys. It's just not how he operates.

If BB was all that interested you would probably have heard of some negotiations already.

pretty much the truth. IF WW can't win poker with BB-can anyone? Edeleman will be a sweet 2013 memory. the one good season does not open up the treasure box.

I hope Edelman stays, and has another 100 catch 1,000 yeard injury freeseason next year, and then maybe he can get the big payday

BB may not be the best at bringing new talent in, but he is nearly infallible as a HC, with knowing who to keep. He also knows, from years of direct experience, that Brady can make many mediocre talent receivers into stars. In this light, I doubt he is fearing losing Edelman much.

I really hope he stays. The guy is extremely easy to root for.

Wasnt it you who wanted to keep Tebow as a 3rd string QB and cut Edelman?  Now he is easy to route for?

i wonder how much work Brady did to make Edelman a star returner.

BB would sign Edelman long term based on talent, it's the durability issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

They won't pay him Amendola money. He will either sign for a few mil or BB will let him walk. It is quite unlikely BB will spend some big bucks on a guy who has been hurt in the past and has one good year under his belt, when he has invested and seen some marginally decent work from a few new guys. It's just not how he operates.

If BB was all that interested you would probably have heard of some negotiations already.

pretty much the truth. IF WW can't win poker with BB-can anyone? Edeleman will be a sweet 2013 memory. the one good season does not open up the treasure box.

I hope Edelman stays, and has another 100 catch 1,000 yeard injury freeseason next year, and then maybe he can get the big payday

BB may not be the best at bringing new talent in, but he is nearly infallible as a HC, with knowing who to keep. He also knows, from years of direct experience, that Brady can make many mediocre talent receivers into stars. In this light, I doubt he is fearing losing Edelman much.

Wasnt it you who wanted to keep Tebow as a 3rd string QB and cut Edelman?  Now he is easy to route for?

I like most of the known world, including BB, was not rating Edelman overly high because he had shown injury issues and had really not done much as a receiver. I always liked the guy, admired his athleticism and claimed he was an overacheiver, but the crazies saying he was as good as Welker at that point needed to be confronted.

I thought Tebow might be a good guy to keep in order to throw a wrinkle at the other team in some of these games that the offense was stifled in, like say the Bengals game this year. I didn't say Edelman was specifically a guy that should be kicked in favor of Tebow. I simply said whoever the last guy kept was, Tebow might have been a better option.

Edelman was a good prospect to be a good returner. He was a scrambling style QB in college.

It's dumb posts like this that make it seem as if I have something against Edelman and don't give him his due. He's been a terrific returner and this year has stepped up and put some real impressive numbers out there. If he does this sort of thing a few more years he will be Welker's equal. Simple as that. (And if he makes a couple of big clutch catches as well, Welker's superior.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like most of the known world, including BB, was not rating Edelman overly high because he had shown injury issues and had really not done much as a receiver. I always liked the guy, admired his athleticism and claimed he was an overacheiver, but the crazies saying he was as good as Welker at that point needed to be confronted.

I thought Tebow might be a good guy to keep in order to throw a wrinkle at the other team in some of these games that the offense was stifled in, like say the Bengals game this year. I didn't say Edelman was specifically a guy that should be kicked in favor of Tebow. I simply said whoever the last guy kept was, Tebow might have been a better option.

Edelman was a good prospect to be a good returner. He was a scrambling style QB in college.

It's dumb posts like this that make it seem as if I have something against Edelman and don't give him his due. He's been a terrific returner and this year has stepped up and put some real impressive numbers out there. If he does this sort of thing a few more years he will be Welker's equal. Simple as that. (And if he makes a couple of big clutch catches as well, Welker's superior.)

Good rebuttal Babe. Edelman had alot question marks before the season with his recurring injury problems. I'm surprised JmCd didn't politic  harder to keep tebow to use as H-back, TE, ect,ect. dude can run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

the crazies saying he was as good as Welker at that point needed to be confronted.

At what point? He is not as good as WW?

Edelman was a good prospect to be a good returner. He was a scrambling style QB in college

How many of these are there in the league?

It's dumb posts like this that make it seem as if I have something against Edelman and don't give him his due. He's

no one cares if you give him his due.  You were bashing BB because he didn't sign him to a long enough contract, when you personally thought Tebow would help us more this year.

agreed about him making some clutch catches and being WW superior, hopefully long after WW is retired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Good rebuttal Babe. Edelman had alot question marks before the season with his recurring injury problems. I'm surprised JmCd didn't politic  harder to keep tebow to use as H-back, TE, ect,ect. dude can run.

Teb ow can run? He is not in the league.  He couldn't crack an NFL lineup without a HOF QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the crazies saying he was as good as Welker at that point needed to be confronted.

Of course he isn't! WW has done this for going on a decade. Edelamn's one year doesn't equal that.

Edelman was a good prospect to be a good returner. He was a scrambling style QB in college

None that I am aware of that weren't drafted to be a QB.

It's dumb posts like this that make it seem as if I have something against Edelman and don't give him his due. He's

no one cares if you give him his due.  You were bashing BB because he didn't sign him to a long enough contract, when you personally thought Tebow would help us more this year.

And neither do I care if they care if I give him his due. I believe you always should sign players to long term deals when you have them between a rock and a hard place, but you keep the guaranteed money the same.

I couldn't predict the injuries to the receivers this year, or the early incompetence of BB's draft picks. Because of AH, Gronk and these factors, Edelman got on the field, stayed on the field, and did a good job. Somehow I'm derilect because I didn't predict all these things? I never said Edelman was any more of a candidate to be cut in lieu of TT than I did any other of the last decisions on the 53 man roster.

agreed about him making some clutch catches and being WW superior, hopefully long after WW is retired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Of course he isn't! WW has done this for going on a decade. Edelamn's one year doesn't equal that.

None that I am aware of that weren't drafted to be a QB.

And neither do I care if they care if I give him his due. I believe you always should sign players to long term deals when you have them between a rock and a hard place, but you keep the guaranteed money the same.

I couldn't predict the injuries to the receivers this year, or the early incompetence of BB's draft picks. Because of AH, Gronk and these factors, Edelman got on the field, stayed on the field, and did a good job. Somehow I'm derilect because I didn't predict all these things? I never said Edelman was any more of a candidate to be cut in lieu of TT than I did any other of the last decisions on the 53 man roster.

course he isn't! WW has done this for going on a decade. Edelamn's one year doesn't equal that

Exactly WW lots of mileage over the last decade.  Edelman a young pup in a comparison.

good job by BB.  If only he had the crystal ball and signed him to a longer contract.  That would have been genius.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Thanks KP. I suspect McD will resurrect TT when he gets a HC gig, probably after this season.

Nobody here knows how close the cut TT decision was. I think the AH murder fiasco threw a monkey wrench into the master plan. Obviously BB didn't sign TT just to compete for a backup QB position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thanks KP. I suspect McD will resurrect TT when he gets a HC gig, probably after this season.

Nobody here knows how close the cut TT decision was. I think the AH murder fiasco threw a monkey wrench into the master plan. Obviously BB didn't sign TT just to compete for a backup QB position.

He will be run out of whatever that city is faster than Denver if he try's that again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

+1 with the caviat that RIGHT NOW, Edelmann IS the superior player. The truth is Wes' best days are behind him, while JE's and yes, Danny Amendola's are clearly ahead of him, thereby making Bills decision on who to sign correct. See, most here dont take into account the complexity of this offense, especially from the receiver perspective. For the amount of time missed and it being his first year with the offense, DA did pretty well. To expectatios? No. But who does when coming to the PATS complex route trees and checks?  The future is very brite for these guys if they remain Pats. DA makes a big jump next season. Watch  Confidence is bred from familiarity And getting comfortable. He's got the tools. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

+1 with the caviat that RIGHT NOW, Edelmann IS the superior player. The truth is Wes' best days are behind him, while JE's and yes, Danny Amendola's are clearly ahead of him, thereby making Bills decision on who to sign correct.

As long as Edelman is a Patriot, Danny Amendola will never have a year close to what Edelman had this season.  If Edelman would happen to leave after this season,  Amendola won't be able to make it a full season taking the hits a 100 reception receiver takes.

See, most here dont take into account the complexity of this offense, especially from the receiver perspective. For the amount of time missed and it being his first year with the offense, DA did pretty well. To expectatios? No.

Finally!  You admit Amendola didn't come close to what you and Rusty said he was going to do.  Told ya!

But who does when coming to the PATS complex route trees and checks?  

Um, Moss did.  But he didn't run complex routes that you mention.

Oh, wait!  Welker did! 

2007 = 112 receptions, 1175 yards, 8 td's.  How did that compare to Amendola's first season as a Patriot?

The future is very brite for these guys if they remain Pats. DA makes a big jump next season. Watch  Confidence is bred from familiarity And getting comfortable. He's got the tools. 

Are you saying that if they go to another team their future isn't bright?  If so then I am curious, are you talking so highly of them because they are Patriot players and your mind will change about them if they play for someone else?

Your predictions don't mean a lot around here, you haven't made one correct prediction this season.

Thank goodness Edelman didn't go to the Giants when they had interest in him.  I don't recall, did the Giants ever offer him a contract or were they just using him to get Cruz to sign?  Why didn't BB sign Edelman to a longer contract then just 1 year?  It's now going to cost a bundle to keep him after this year. 

Whatever the case.. Thank goodness this team had Mr. IncrEDELMAN this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

good job by BB.  If only he had the crystal ball and signed him to a longer contract.  That would have been genius.

You don't need to have a crystal ball or be a genius when you have somebody by the short hair. You dictate to them - three years with the same guarantee as if it were one, plus a few incentives.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He will be run out of whatever that city is faster than Denver if he try's that again.

It's "tries".

You're full of predictions these days. We'll see what water they hold.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

+1 with the caviat that RIGHT NOW, Edelmann IS the superior player. The truth is Wes' best days are behind him, while JE's and yes, Danny Amendola's are clearly ahead of him, thereby making Bills decision on who to sign correct. See, most here dont take into account the complexity of this offense, especially from the receiver perspective. For the amount of time missed and it being his first year with the offense, DA did pretty well. To expectatios? No. But who does when coming to the PATS complex route trees and checks?  The future is very brite for these guys if they remain Pats. DA makes a big jump next season. Watch  Confidence is bred from familiarity And getting comfortable. He's got the tools. 

I never complained about BB letting WW go. His time has passed, at least as a NEP.

As far as Edelman, he was a shaky prospect by all reasonable measures, but got opportunities because of the receiver situation and made the best of them. I've always liked the guy (as I always liked Benny) but when people go over the top in assessing what a guy has actually done, I balk.

BB should not throw any serious money at Edelman because he is not a proven commodity yet. And BB has a slew of other problems to deal with other than the WRs. Having a few young guys around that look like they might improve puts JE on the back burner.

Edelman's situation is very similar to BJGE's a few years back.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It's "tries".

Ahhhh, the classic back pedal.  But yeah we will see if Tebows mechanics have improved over the last year while not playing in the league. 

•  
  • This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Bad move by BB

I was never down on Edelman, ever. I begged the Pats to resign him. He was the best WR for the Pats prior to injury.

Did BB make a good move signing Edelman for only 1 year? Clearly today, the answer is no. That is not criticism, that is fact. Of course you already know that Pats paid Lloyd $3M NOT TO PLAY THIS YEAR, but paid Edelman $750 this year.

If you are willing to wager that Edelman is back next year, at least post at what salary does he return to this team? Keep in mind over the course of his entire career, he has made less than $2.5M, and this next contract is probably his last contract.

I would also like to see you post a ranking of the following free agent prioitizing which the PAts should sign;

Talib

Edelman

Spikes

Wendell

Blount

Svitek

Hooman 

My prioritised list would be Wendell  Svitek Blount and Edelman  Draft/free agency for T/E and L/B--Spikes too one dimensional--if he could cover he'd be making bank from someone else anyway?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Resigning Welker AND Edelman = better decision than signing Amendola and resigning Edelman.

Pretty hard to argue that?  Edelman plays with the passion of Brady-Welker IMO is close to being out of the NFL - too many big hits-Edelman on the other hand is taller, faster and just coming in to his own-and let's not forget he was a QB and learnt a new position he NEVER played-if,(which is a big if), he can stay healthy he's worth 4-6 million a year?

It's "tries".

Ahhhh, the classic back pedal.  But yeah we will see if Tebows mechanics have improved over the last year while not playing in the league. 

Backpedal? From what? You claim McD will be run out of Cleveland if he brings in TT and I say we'll see. That's a backpedal?

Really, you're being so stupid that if I continue to bother reading your BS I'll start calling you names, so I'll just boot your azz to ignoreland instead. I'm trying to limit the people I call names to counting on one hand. Rusty and UD6 occupy two of those 5 precious spots. You aren't worthy of the few remaining.

•  

I never complained about BB letting WW go. His time has passed, at least as a NEP.

As far as Edelman, he was a shaky prospect by all reasonable measures, but got opportunities because of the receiver situation and made the best of them. I've always liked the guy (as I always liked Benny) but when people go over the top in assessing what a guy has actually done, I balk.

BB should not throw any serious money at Edelman because he is not a proven commodity yet. And BB has a slew of other problems to deal with other than the WRs. Having a few young guys around that look like they might improve puts JE on the back burner.

Edelman's situation is very similar to BJGE's a few years back.

Umm, no it's not.  Edelman is one of the best punt returners in football, can play dime ina pinch and saves BB a roster spot as the 3rd QB who runs Wildcat/Read Option plays durnig weeks when they play a QB like that.

As underrated as BJGE was here as someone who never fumbled and an RB we used in winning every game he ever was the feature back in, Edelman provides far more value.

Glad I could help.

All you idiots do is whine all summer about how BB is ruining Brady's later years with no WRs and now you want to walk from it?

Suggestion: Keep better track of your agendas so you don't end up looking like a hypocrite in here on a daily basis.

Yeah dumbkoff, Edelman was sooooo valuable as a punt returner, Qb and dime back that BB signed him for 1 year at a peanuts contract. You're an imbecile.

• Sections
    Shortcuts