Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Edelman

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to some, Brady became to dependant on Welker, so "it was a good thing" for him to go, cuz, you know BB was punishing Brady.  Same thing for Gronk, accoring to the forum fool. We should release Gronk immediately.  Now that Gronk is gone for the season, Brady is now totally targeting Edelman. I'm sure the forum fool will want BB  to release him before playoffs start.

Oh, yeah....every time our team loses it's only Brady's fault......LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

Good point. But of course the village liar will try to lie his way out of that truth too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What are we going to do with this guy? Will he take a hometown discount? Is he a risky guy to sign because of the injury history? 

Got to hand it to him, he stayed healthy, he improved, he took some big hits and held onto the ball and he at times has basically been our offense. I've got to think with his versatility - and the demand for slot receivers - he'll be offered something big. The right team may look at him and think...well he's been injured a lot, but nothing that was career damaging and he's young...lets sign him.

So what do we do? I'd hate to think we'd lose both Welker and Edelman because of Amendola...could you imagine that scenario? A year later both Edelman and Welker will be catching passes for other teams while Amendola stands on the sideline in a sling. Wouldn't be pretty.

What would you do and how much is Edelman going to get?

[/QUOTE]

I think Edelman's career is almost identical to Troy brown's....  Not sure if this has been posted yet but he looks like a guy that should be a career Patriot.  Troy got kicked around a little in his early years finding a role with bigger faster guys competing with him but in the end it was his good hands and versatility that made him mr reliable .  Even played defense.   

Part of that was that he never went to another team through free agency.  He took what the patriots offered him and just kept producing all through his prime with big catches and punt returns. 

A sure handed dynamic PR like edelman is great to have on your team.  He is a real talent (100 catches...!) and just needed to get past the injury bug that some players jsut have bad luck with.  My guess is Patriots will make a deal with him and keep him here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"All you idiots do is whine all summer about how BB is ruining Brady's later years with no WRs and now you want to walk from it?"

Setting aside the childishness, in my eyes no - the reason Edelman is such a factor is largely due to the years of reps and offseason training with Brady. And I don't think BB is ruining Brady's later years intentionally, but he could really use some help with offensive receiving talent assessment, he really has trouble finding impact guys who can stay on the field. When Edelman is your healthiest guy that is absurd indeed. 

Edelman is a key building block for the final Brady years. He hasn't stayed healthy enough over the years to command a big guaranteed contract, but I bet they can agree on a deal for him that includes big performance incentives and milestones. A version of the hometown discount that will only look like a modest hometown discount if he can hit the milestones. 

Brady and BB need to huddle on this in the offseason and if necessary, restructure Brady's contract to make sure he has not only Edelman but more of a contingency plan if Gronk can't gut it out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"All you idiots do is whine all summer about how BB is ruining Brady's later years with no WRs and now you want to walk from it?"

Setting aside the childishness, in my eyes no - the reason Edelman is such a factor is largely due to the years of reps and offseason training with Brady. And I don't think BB is ruining Brady's later years intentionally, but he could really use some help with offensive receiving talent assessment, he really has trouble finding impact guys who can stay on the field. When Edelman is your healthiest guy that is absurd indeed. 

Edelman is a key building block for the final Brady years. He hasn't stayed healthy enough over the years to command a big guaranteed contract, but I bet they can agree on a deal for him that includes big performance incentives and milestones. A version of the hometown discount that will only look like a modest hometown discount if he can hit the milestones. 

Brady and BB need to huddle on this in the offseason and if necessary, restructure Brady's contract to make sure he has not only Edelman but more of a contingency plan if Gronk can't gut it out.

[/QUOTE]

I generally agree with what you're saying BTS but I'm not sure Edelman will take a hometown deal. This might be his one and only chance at getting paid. Lets face it the reason he resigned a 1yr deal with the Pats is because no one else wanted him. The only team we even heard even bringing him in for a look is the Giants and I don't think he left with an offer. After a 100catch 1000+yrd year, which I'm sure it helped being the only consistent receiver Brady had all year, he should be looking for the highest contract he can get not giving hometown discount. He just has to look to another Pat from this past offseason to start negotiations about and that would be Amendola. You look at them and they are very similar players with similar injury issues, and 1 great season to hang their hats on however, Edelman is a top end PR too so if I were him Amendola's contract is where I would start and I'm sure a team like the Jets who will have some cap space and are desperate for WRs might be willing to offer him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Edelman's career is almost identical to Troy brown's....  Not sure if this has been posted yet but he looks like a guy that should be a career Patriot.  Troy got kicked around a little in his early years finding a role with bigger faster guys competing with him but in the end it was his good hands and versatility that made him mr reliable .  Even played defense.   

Part of that was that he never went to another team through free agency.  He took what the patriots offered him and just kept producing all through his prime with big catches and punt returns. 

A sure handed dynamic PR like edelman is great to have on your team.  He is a real talent (100 catches...!) and just needed to get past the injury bug that some players jsut have bad luck with.  My guess is Patriots will make a deal with him and keep him here.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd say Troy Brown (I don't remember Brown being injured as often early in his career), I'm thinking closer to Amendola in terms of production but I can see where the comparison can be made because they both were emergency CB's and both were top end PR men in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Amendola needs to take a big pay cut and give it to Edelman.  Has any of Josh McD's former players done anything close to what was expected of them?

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd was ok... I personally wanted more from him. Always felt Tom over targeted him but 900 yards with a Gronk/Welk/Hern O is pretty good when u think about it. 

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd did good but wasn't what was expected.  Never offered a deep threat and he only lasted 1 season.

[/QUOTE]

Got deep many times. Brady was busy over-using Gronk, Welkie and Hern. Fact.

How many passes did you want him to attempt in 2012, moron?  6 million?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Moron. So true. 

[/QUOTE]

Haha, RallyC still following me around posting after each of my posts.  Meltdown #2 from him is sure to happen.

Despite succeeding in Josh McDaniels' offense in previous years, Lloyd disappointed in New England, catching 74 passes (on 130 targets) for 911 yards and four touchdowns. Throughout the entire season, it appeared that Brady and Lloyd struggled to develop chemistry

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/26/4033076/brandon-lloyd-release-patriots-mike-wallace

But while Lloyd is always good for a few spectacular catches, for the most part he looked more like a replaceable cog in a great passing attack than a game changer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/report-patriots-got-tired-of-brandon-lloyds-behavior/

Lloyds longest reception last season was 52 yards, ave 12 yards a catch, deep threat.,... LOL! Morons.

RallyC clearly never played the game before and Rusty still posting garbage.

Lasted 1 season with the Pats.  Another Josh McD flop.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call 911 yards on last years O a flop. Unless of course I had an agenda to support!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't call 911 yards on last years O a flop. Unless of course I had an agenda to support!

[/QUOTE]

I agree he wasn't a flop and for what he got paid he did pretty well. If not for the locker room stuff he might still be on the team, which I think would have helped a lot. Now that being said he didn't perform up to expectations. And by expectations I mean he dropped a number of catchable balls, didn't generate the separation he had on other teams, and didn't make as many key plays outside the numbers as we thought he would have. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd say Troy Brown (I don't remember Brown being injured as often early in his career), I'm thinking closer to Amendola in terms of production but I can see where the comparison can be made because they both were emergency CB's and both were top end PR men in the league.

[/QUOTE]

All players get nicked up from the punishment of the NFL... So Edelman should not be branded as " can't stay on the field.  Maybe unlucky, but this year he has stayed healthy hopefully indicating a new approach that has worked for him.  The injuries last year kept his contract down this year. 

Pats should take that into account and offer a fair raise and see if he takes it.  Pats need to show interest and not doddle.  Put the ball in his court .  Give him a chance to stay here and keep doing his role which has been crucial to the team this year. Extend him asap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks KP. I suspect McD will resurrect TT when he gets a HC gig, probably after this season.

Nobody here knows how close the cut TT decision was. I think the AH murder fiasco threw a monkey wrench into the master plan. Obviously BB didn't sign TT just to compete for a backup QB position.

[/QUOTE]

He will be run out of whatever that city is faster than Denver if he try's that again.

[/QUOTE]

It's "tries".

You're full of predictions these days. We'll see what water they hold.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, the classic back pedal.  But yeah we will see if Tebows mechanics have improved over the last year while not playing in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

Backpedal? From what? You claim McD will be run out of Cleveland if he brings in TT and I say we'll see. That's a backpedal?

Really, you're being so stupid that if I continue to bother reading your BS I'll start calling you names, so I'll just boot your azz to ignoreland instead. I'm trying to limit the people I call names to counting on one hand. Rusty and UD6 occupy two of those 5 precious spots. You aren't worthy of the few remaining.

[/QUOTE]

I called you out for crying and whining that Tebow should make the roster over Edelman.  Now you come back and say he is an easy guy to root for and that BB should have signed him to a longer contract.  Even thou you wanted TT on the team.

The backpedal/deflection is the ipad keystroke error that you point out as opposed to admitting you were wrong.

Seriously, can you imagine if Mcd got the Cleveland job and ousted the QB's there and brought in a guy that sux and has not played in the league for a year.  Wow, trouble.

Why don't you use those last 3 arthritic fingers of yours to depress the button and hopefully the Korean girl will come down the hall, sit you up straight and wipe the drool off your gown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree he wasn't a flop and for what he got paid he did pretty well. If not for the locker room stuff he might still be on the team, which I think would have helped a lot. Now that being said he didn't perform up to expectations. And by expectations I mean he dropped a number of catchable balls, didn't generate the separation he had on other teams, and didn't make as many key plays outside the numbers as we thought he would have. 

[/QUOTE]

PatsEng, this is why I like your posts so much.  I totally agree with everything you stated here, another fair judgement on Lloyd.  There is no where in this thread where I stated Lloyd was a flop.  I said he didn't do what he was expected to do here and he didn't provide the deep threat needed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who's expectations are you citing here, yours or BB's? As for me, I never had expectations for his production other than he would produce something or be gone ala Joey Galloway. With TB throwing almost exclusively to WW, Gronk and Hernandez I'm surprised Lloyd got any targets. It could be why he dropped as many passes as he did. He just wasn't expecting a throw going to anyone other than the big three!