Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Edelman

Pats and Edelman are in talks from Adam Schefter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Edelman

Does "What are you going to miss most about Boston?" count as talks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Talk is cheap... we need results, don't we?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Giving this guy anything like big money is insanity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

For once, I agree with Babe. This guy is going to be injured by week 3 next season, I have no idea how he stayed healthy last season, but last season was an abberation.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For once, I agree with Babe. This guy is going to be injured by week 3 next season, I have no idea how he stayed healthy last season, but last season was an abberation.

[/QUOTE]

Just another reason to get Decker!!

Relax.... just messing with you 49Pats!

Or am I??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I would be upset if they paid Edelman & Amendola.... Same player, both injured all the time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just a joke people so don't call me a hater:

Edelman - I want at least what Amendola got. I think that's fair considering I've had 1 more healthy season, actually put up good numbers, and contribute as a PR man.

BB - Yes but you are a PR man, we'll give you 1 year $700k

Edelman - Yes but I played more as a WR..... wait that's less than what I got last year are you kidding?

BB - Yes but you are a PR man, since you've been loyal we'll give you $650k

Edelman - You are going the wrong way for loyality Bill and again I'm a WR not just a PR man

BB - Loyality means you take a hometown discount to win don't you want a ring? Besides we can replace you.

Edelman - Bill, listen I want to feed my family, loyality is a two way street and you need to pay me because I have earned it. Besides, are you going to replace me like you did Welker? That worked out real well, well for me at least but it hurt the team. Give me at least what you gave to that scrub from another team. 

BB - What's a two way street? You are worth what I say you're worth and if you take more from another team our fans will understand and call you a traitor and money grabbing. Now you don't want that do you? Now my last offer, you pay me $500k for the honor to stay on the team and play along to get Brady to restructure saying it was to pay you and I'll toss in a bag of circus peanuts to feed your family. It's a great deal, more than anyone else will give you.

Edelman - Bill you're drooling and muttering value between ever word. I'm testing the market, tell me how IR Amendola works out for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Beautiful Eng, probably what happened yesterday 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably finished growing into his body. Going from QB to slot receiver takes completely different muscles. He is cutting  more sharply than when he was a QB and that increases the stress on the bones, the joints and the ligaments.There is a good chance he won't get injured like that again.

I imagine it also takes a while to learn how to protect yourself from getting injured while playing a new position. Instead of big uglies (slow folk) coming at you from in front or quicker (but still kinda slow) uglies coming at you from the sides you have fast guys coming at you from every angle with a lot more energy when you get hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a joke people so don't call me a hater:

Edelman - I want at least what Amendola got. I think that's fair considering I've had 1 more healthy season, actually put up good numbers, and contribute as a PR man.

BB - Yes but you are a PR man, we'll give you 1 year $700k

Edelman - Yes but I played more as a WR..... wait that's less than what I got last year are you kidding?

BB - Yes but you are a PR man, since you've been loyal we'll give you $650k

Edelman - You are going the wrong way for loyality Bill and again I'm a WR not just a PR man

BB - Loyality means you take a hometown discount to win don't you want a ring? Besides we can replace you.

Edelman - Bill, listen I want to feed my family, loyality is a two way street and you need to pay me because I have earned it. Besides, are you going to replace me like you did Welker? That worked out real well, well for me at least but it hurt the team. Give me at least what you gave to that scrub from another team. 

BB - What's a two way street? You are worth what I say you're worth and if you take more from another team our fans will understand and call you a traitor and money grabbing. Now you don't want that do you? Now my last offer, you pay me $500k for the honor to stay on the team and play along to get Brady to restructure saying it was to pay you and I'll toss in a bag of circus peanuts to feed your family. It's a great deal, more than anyone else will give you.

Edelman - Bill you're drooling and muttering value between ever word. I'm testing the market, tell me how IR Amendola works out for you.

[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add in the argument that Edelman is the 3rd string QB and that should factor in... according to Rusty.  Even though Edelman has never played a QB down in a pro game and that the Pats don't run anything close to what Edelman ran in college as a QB.

Sections
Shortcuts