edelman's head injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

edelman's head injury

obviously most of you know edelman was injured on a play during the game on thursday. it is just listed as a head injury for now, but it basically means he has a concussion. maybe since there is 9 days before their next game, he will be able to play. it seems like they cant afford to lose any more receivers/tight ends though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: edelman's head injury

Ive not heard anything new since the game itself, so Im assuming no news is good news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The extra 3 days off can only help him...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I agree that the extra 3 days will help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He won't play next week, he was out. You can always tell how severe a concussion is by the way the guy looks. 

Edelman's arms coiled up and he lost feeling in them, it wasn't a small concussion. I hope he plays next week since I think he's a much better outside reciver than Wes, but if he doesn't, it's time we gameplan around Aaron. 

BTW, anyone notice that Aaron looked bigger than he usually does? It's like he put on 10 pounds. We need to find a way to gameplan for him while Gronk is out so that he can find his niche and prosper instead of just being TE # 2. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

He won't play next week, he was out. You can always tell how severe a concussion is by the way the guy looks. 

Edelman's arms coiled up and he lost feeling in them, it wasn't a small concussion. I hope he plays next week since I think he's a much better outside reciver than Wes, but if he doesn't, it's time we gameplan around Aaron. 

BTW, anyone notice that Aaron looked bigger than he usually does? It's like he put on 10 pounds. We need to find a way to gameplan for him while Gronk is out so that he can find his niche and prosper instead of just being TE # 2. 

yo uare rigth 49 concussion severity varies greatly. obviously how severe this one was will determine things going forwad. im hoping no repercussions form it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'll be shocked if Edelman plays next week. Beyond that, we'll see. Concussion recovery is, unfortunatley, unpredictable. Too bad as he was really getting into a groove.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I'll be shocked if Edelman plays next week. Beyond that, we'll see. Concussion recovery is, unfortunatley, unpredictable. Too bad as he was really getting into a groove.

i commetned elsewhere he was pisssssssed!

that he was showing it was beginning to appear that he belonged to be mixed in with the starters and now this

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

When they showed the close-up of him walking off the field, you could see it in his eyes.  He looked like a pig looking at a wristwatch.  He was lost.  Edelman has really come on this year.  It would be great if he could stay on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Edelman was tweeting 24 hours later stating he was fine

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll have to wait and see, but I won't be at all surprised if he misses one or two more games.  He looked pretty dazed after the hit.  I think the Pats will rely on Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Vereen, and Fells/Shiancoe as pass receivers.  Would be nice, though to have another wideout while Edelmen is out.  I thought Salas would have been nice to have.  Or even Branch.  

Look, though, for Vereen to account for more of Gronk's and (if Edelman is out) Edelman's receptions over the next few weeks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

What has the league had to say about the hit? Any fines for what looked like a deliberate head to head?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobspencer. Show bobspencer's posts

I couldn't agree more.  Why did they not make that call?  It was obviously helmet to helmet and I'm the first to agree when our guys do it, so that was a total screw up by the refs and I think the league officials need to start warning them about these serious mistakes before we have another Daryl Stingley situation on our hands.

In response to EastTraveler's comment:

What has the league had to say about the hit? Any fines for what looked like a deliberate head to head?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:

The 10 days off will help him,hopefully he gets back in soon,he has been great for the Pats this year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuLPVGv4rU

I love his toughness, but for his own survival he needs to learn a little from WW and Branch about how to slide away from contact or run out of bounds.  There is no one on the team that fights as hard on every play to get the extra yard.  While that is admirable it isn't always smart - especially in a blowout.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

I love his toughness, but for his own survival he needs to learn a little from WW and Branch about how to slide away from contact or run out of bounds.  There is no one on the team that fights as yard on every play to get the extra yard.  While that is admirable it isn't always smart - especially in a blowout.

Agree, but at the same time Edelman's reckless full speed style is fun to watch.  The injuries are kind of part of the program.  Agree about learning from teammates how to protect when a play shuts down... Get lower , or run out of bounds.  Hindsight is 20-20 , I get that, but it can be a learning opportunity.

Also, am I the only one (posted last week to try and hit him over the top) who recognized his potential as a deep threat...?  this game showed how he found the ball in the air and adjusted back to catch it.  That's exactly what Lloyd has problems with. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Like I said many times, Edelman is one crazy dude. If I go to Home Depot, shopping for nails  and they have a brand named Edelman....I'm buying them.

He definitely gives the impression like he is living in his own dream world...  making plays like he did in the last game ... The ball popping right to him at full speed for a touchdown... ?  Crazy good stuff. 

Edelman has taken the torch from troy brown to be that super heads up football IQ full speed multidimensional player that belichick brings out. 

no other team seems to have players like these guys who can play all phases of the game at that level. This is another example of  belichicks signature genius.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

I love his toughness, but for his own survival he needs to learn a little from WW and Branch about how to slide away from contact or run out of bounds.  There is no one on the team that fights as yard on every play to get the extra yard.  While that is admirable it isn't always smart - especially in a blowout.

Agree, but at the same time Edelman's reckless full speed style is fun to watch.  The injuries are kind of part of the program.  Agree about learning from teammates how to protect when a play shuts down... Get lower , or run out of bounds.  Hindsight is 20-20 , I get that, but it can be a learning opportunity.

Also, am I the only one (posted last week to try and hit him over the top) who recognized his potential as a deep threat...?  this game showed how he found the ball in the air and adjusted back to catch it.  That's exactly what Lloyd has problems with. 

4th play of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont think there was a penalty on the edelman injury play because edelman lowered his head and thats really what initiated the helmet to helmet contact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i dont think there was a penalty on the edelman injury play because edelman lowered his head and thats really what initiated the helmet to helmet contact.

It was a running play so there are no head to head rules. We won't see him against the Fins. I'll miss him on returns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I can't imagine we'll see him next week as he took a real nasty blow.  Concussions are one of those things though in that they come in many different levels of severity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:

Players have a history of trying to fool doctors into letting them play. Hines Ward the other night said he pretended to have a ankle injury (if I recall correctly) when it was a head injury so he could keep playing.

Sections
Shortcuts