Edge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfaninaz. Show bostonfaninaz's posts

Edge

AZ is expected to release Edgerrin James.  You guys think he has enough in the tank to provide some depth for a year?  Maroney is not the answer.  I love sammy but he is injury prone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Edge

I think he'll end up in Denver this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats still have Green-Ellis and Taylor. I like Taylor more than Edge, right now and cant see the Pats acquiring Edge to add to a fairly crowded backfield. Lets not forget Brady is healthy and Faulk still has gas in the tank. The Pats had a good running game without Maroney and man games lost to injuries and we will see more of the same this year and a rejuvenated passing game (see Brady).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I think he'll end up in Denver this year.
    Posted by Pats7393

Might as well. Everyone else is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Pats have no use for Edge. If we go to sign a running back, it should be with the future in mind or someone who can be a reliable short yardage runner, upgrade to Morris and BJGE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If we're going to continue signing worn out running backs, let's get Jim Brown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't think that he's a Patriot type,maybe he goes back to Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

AZ is expected to release Edgerrin James.  You guys think he has enough in the tank to provide some depth for a year?  Maroney is not the answer.  I love sammy but he is injury prone.
    Posted by bostonfaninaz
    maybe even larry johnson.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/27/dolphins-cut-john-beck/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The problem with Edgerrin James isn't that he's done (or pretty near); the problem is he can't face it. Even if the Pats wanted him -- which makes absolutely no sense from a football standpoint -- Edge would never accept the kind of role he might (or might not) be able to fill on this team. In a nutshell, James thinks that, because he can occasionally still produce in small bursts, that he has somehow traveled back in time six years and is an NFL feature back.

As Willie Nelson might say, it ain't necessarily so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I'm more worried about getting a fullback. Evans was a big loss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Yappie...if you can talk Jim Brown into playing, the Pats would sign him.He wouldn't get 1863 yards like he did in 1963, but he could probably still get 1450 yards and a dozen TD"s....while he's trying to get into football shape.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I wouldnt mind seeing Lorenzo Neil landing here.sure he is older,but a good lead blocker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

BB likes the older guys.so its not impossible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I would think we are pretty much set at the RB position.  You can pay only so many guys at one position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I just don't see it happening, would love it, but I just don't see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Edge has lost his speed and quickness. No thanks on that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I just don't see it happening, would love it, but I just don't see it.
    Posted by Grogan77
    its possible.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/29/rosenhaus-says-edge-could-have-a-new-team-soon/

Sections
Shortcuts