Edlemen on Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Edlemen on Defense

What was up with Julian Edllemen in on defense for the last few plays?  Any thoughts as to what BB was doing/thinking/trying? 

Curious what your take is on it. 

Defense was lights out tonight - nice game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Edlemen on Defense

well it was the end of the game- but it is hard to imagine edelman being worse as a db than receiver-

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

We may have a new corner......
    Nice hit on LT.....He did what Mayo's hit didn't do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He was there because just about everyone else was hurt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense:
    [QUOTE]He was there because just about everyone else was hurt. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He did well. Great win. D gets the praise for sure. Better and better each week.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]well it was the end of the game- but it is hard to imagine edelman being worse as a db than receiver-
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

well lets see his position is behind the best reciever in the game... kind of tough to replace welker..   hes actually a pretty good reciever...   but probably doesnt fit in to the what have you done for me right this second or you will be cut generation of today...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]He was there because just about everyone else was hurt. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

i had a sarcastic union slanted comback... but i will just say that he is actually a good player...and he is creating more position flexibility for himself like him or not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Lots of injuries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The announcer last night said they didnt want to risk injury to any more CB's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

I thought at first that this was a thread regarding his legal issues!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If the Pats have to use Edelman for any extended period of time in the secondary, that is an issue, especially against good QBs. He looked okay,but again, it was up against Sancheeze who absolutely stinks.

The good thing is the remainder of our schedule is somewhat soft. KC next week presents some challenges, but Cassell could be out with an injury. Lets hope guys heal up quickly because we'll need all hands on deck down the stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Does anyone have comments on how Tarpinian and/or Sterling played in their first game action?  I thought they did okay given the situation they were put in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i thought tarpanian was active but nothing special... i thought sterling actually got in there and made some hits like safties are supposed to as opposed to arriving to late... or trying to make a play on the ball..instead of bringing the wood...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats have to use Edelman for any extended period of time in the secondary, that is an issue, especially against good QBs. He looked okay,but again, it was up against Sancheeze who absolutely stinks. The good thing is the remainder of our schedule is somewhat soft. KC next week presents some challenges, but Cassell could be out with an injury. Lets hope guys heal up quickly because we'll need all hands on deck down the stretch.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I would think the Pats bring in another DB and Safety this week, with that said in a Dime package i wouldn't be surprised if we see Edleman on the slot reciever playing man shifty slot wr on a shifty slot wr. He probably would be more effective than a new person who has not played in our system. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I'm hoping the front 7 picks up next week where they left off this weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

Great hit on LT, maybe he can do that more often?
    I think I like him on defense more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

All I know is, it reminded me of the days when Troy B was in there in Defense... those were good days, good times :)

Yeah, the hit on LT was nice. I hate that cry-baby.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The announcer last night said they didnt want to risk injury to any more CB's
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't right.

Actually, BB had to put Edleman in the game because he cut Ross Ventrone on the play just before.  

But don't worry, Ventrone Fan Club members.  They resigned Ventrone right before the team bus pulled out of Jersey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

even better, sanchez didnt dare throw near him! haha wat the f is wrong is with him?

he actually looked decent out there. good idea by BB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I joked a few weeks back about Ochocinco switching to defense because he wasn't doing much on offense, and our secondary was riddled with injuries.  It was funny, but it was steeped in seriousness.  Fast forward a few weeks and our secondary is in even worse shape due to yet more injuries.  Well we all know BB will call on offensive players to start playing defense if the situation warrants it, the most famous being Troy Brown as a CB.  I think you can expect Edlemen will be spending all of his time this week in defense meetings and practice. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Edleman may get more time there than on offense.  Cant be that bad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]i thought tarpanian was active but nothing special... i thought sterling actually got in there and made some hits like safties are supposed to as opposed to arriving to late... or trying to make a play on the ball..instead of bringing the wood...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Actually Tarpinian got the start ahead of Guyton who was curiously active but didn't play in the game. What does that say about Guyton vs. Tarpinian? Biggest game of the year to date, and Guyton is held out.

I thought Tarpinian played pretty well as did White, Mayo and Nink. Overall, as thin as our LB corps is, they stepped it up last night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Edleman may get more time there than on offense.  Cant be that bad
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think you are right. He didn't look that bad, but it was the end of the game.

A college QB converted to a WR, converted to a PR and now a CB. Weird.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I think BB realizes that Edelman is a good athlete with good quickness and a high football IQ... Like troy brown who also was a gifted returner.

Putting Edelman on D in the slot was brilliant IMO.  Defense is at least 50% attitude .  You have to want to stick your nose in there and blow up the play... Like on the LT hit.  That looked like pure instinct and quick reaction . 

could use more of that ...  Look for more #11 on D in upcoming games .

Sections
Shortcuts