Edlemen on Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Edlemen on Defense

If Edleman can get an INT, he would have caught more balls from the other than from Brady.

I also would book us for the SB if that happens.

These cast of characters atleast have ummm Character!

Branch said he loves Edlemans competitive nature and thats probably why he is still here after groping a woman

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I have been totally down on the guy, but he hurt LT.  That is worth a spot on the team for the rest of the season, I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense:
    If Edleman can get an INT, he would have caught more balls from the other than from Brady. I also would book us for the SB if that happens. These cast of characters atleast have ummm Character! Branch said he loves Edlemans competitive nature and thats probably why he is still here after groping a woman
    Posted by JayShizzle45

If he gets an INT, he takes it back to the house. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

character... Competitiveness ... football IQ... He also seems to have that BB intangible of just  loving the game.  He's a gamer.

moreso than say a Guyton  who was curiously a healthy scratch .

Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense:
    If Edleman can get an INT, he would have caught more balls from the other than from Brady. I also would book us for the SB if that happens. These cast of characters atleast have ummm Character! Branch said he loves Edlemans competitive nature and thats probably why he is still here after groping a woman
    Posted by JayShizzle45

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

character... Competitiveness ... football IQ... He also seems to have that BB intangible of just  loving the game.  He's a gamer. moreso than say a Guyton  who was curiously a healthy scratch .  Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense :
    Posted by coolade2

Not to mention good quickness, size, and speed for CB. He could definitely become a decent one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Plus he has good hands ...  ;)  :-P

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

so its official!  Julian Edleman will replace McCourty in the starting lineup.

I could see him being a Jason Sehorn type judging by that tackle he made on L.T.

I am half joking, but really we may need him. If he can get coached up ala Troy Brown he may have a future there. We always need Cb's. You keep him active as a returner and an emergency CB. He could attend defensive meetings as he doesnt see much action on offense. Only problem is he probably would be hurt soon playing defense, but I like the idea

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Let's not get carried away here. It was the end of a blowout, this team was already down McCourty, and who knows what other DBs were dinged up at the time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah, that guy has "character"...but maybe not the type of character that is esteemed.

Will be interesting to see if they use him as a nickle in the next game.  I have to admiyt to that solid tackle and he was sticking like glue on a few pass plays, too.  With his injury history, I wonder how long he could last.

Let's chill on the comparisons to Troy Brown.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Let's not get carried away here. It was the end of a blowout, this team was already down McCourty, and who knows what other DBs were dinged up at the time. 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

BB felt he couldn't afford another injury, let alone at the end of the game that was in the bag, so he threw Edelman in there to finish up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense : BB felt he couldn't afford another injury, let alone at the end of the game that was in the bag, so he threw Edelman in there to finish up.
    Posted by TFB12

I have it on good authority that BB was aware of Edleman's post-11 p.m. mauling tendencies.  As BB is the master of utililzing minor talent by taking advantage of their strenghs, he was assured Edleman would "make contact".  This also explains why Edleman went low for the tackle. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

We definitely saw something in that jets game that BB saw...  The guy is a straight out, pure football player that plays fast. He's looking more like polamalu every day... Better grow the hair again .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You read it here first ....  Edelman blitzes from slot next week and gets his first sack.  That's something even troy brown never had a chance to do, but it seems like a great way to use Edelmans quickness on defense...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am gonna come in and eat my some crow on this. I have been down on him for a couple years but I am just now seeing why B.B. has had patience with him.

He is a fierce competitor and seems to be thriving in this new role.

I liked the fact that he was sticking his nose in there. I also like the return, but Im more impressed with his ability to play nickel. On one play he covered McCluster and missed the tackle,but his speed allowed him to force the Rb back inside where help was.

My apologies to Edleman.  I was wrong about him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Gotta' agree.  

Not sold on him as a receiver, but he made that return last night and his DB play has been very impressive.  He has made some nice, hard tackles, has great speed all over, and even if he is too light to take down a TE, he can hit the TE faster than anybody and wait for an assist.  BB may have struck DB gold in this guy. 

And yeah, I was getting pretty down on him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lets move Sterling Moore back to CB which is his natural posiiton and use Edelman as our FS next to Chung. I kind of like that combination..it allows Edelman to patrol the back a bit or come up for a big hit on someone. I think that would make best use of his physical abiliites and smarts. He can survey the QB and read him in part because he was one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Do you think his body would hold up as a FS?  He isn't exactly Hulk Hogan.  

But he sure has the speed and agility needed to solve their problems in the middle of the field.  I figured him as a nickle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

more like mighty mouse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

If we are talking mice, perhaps Speedy Gonzalez?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If we are talking mice, perhaps Speedy Gonzalez?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HoleinOne402. Show HoleinOne402's posts

Pats won of first SuperBowls with a CB who had been a NJ school teacher 3 days before.  That being said, BB has cut a number of defensive backs this year that would seem to be signficiantly better than current line up.  Any idea what he was thinking?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That being said, BB has cut a number of defensive backs this year that would seem to be signficiantly better than current line up.  Any idea what he was thinking?
    Posted by HoleinOne402

And they all went on to play significant roles on the other teams they joined.  Oh wait...

BB has a pretty good track record of knowing when to send someone packing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Pats won of first SuperBowls with a CB who had been a NJ school teacher 3 days before.  That being said, BB has cut a number of defensive backs this year that would seem to be signficiantly better than current line up.  Any idea what he was thinking?
    Posted by HoleinOne402

Bodden had a seroius back injury from game one, and was useless thereafter.  

Merriweather played stupidly and gave up big play after big play.  Go back to the Pats regular season loss to the Jets last year and remember his bad angle on Holmes (?) going into the EZ for a TD, Merriweather interferring with another DB because he was out of position, for example.  Plus multiple stupid penalties.  In his own words, he sometime "does (his) own thing".  That doesn't work in the NFL, unless you have major, major talent (Rodney Harrison, Lawrence Taylor) and it is part of the D scheme.

I don't get the Sanders move.  Maybe he had lost a step. He was no star, just a good journeyman.  Maybe BB was more interested in a finding the next Thing instead of settling for a journeyman.

Just the same, I wish they had traded Merriweather and Sanders, instead of getting nothing.  At least they were classy in releasing Sanders early to he could find a team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it is one of those deals where he decides a guy is talented enough to play a role, and doesn't want to keep a good athlete off the field.  He did it before, and given very specific assignments, that pure athleticism can be used.  The kid was lighting it up last night for sure, I was ready to throw in the towel on him a few weeks ago.  THAT IS WHY I'M GLAD I DON'T RUN THE TEAM.  I at least understand I'm not smart enough to do it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Interesting ... All you can do, which is BBs m.o., is basically put some guys out there coach them up and see what happens .  Maybe you get chemistry , maybe you get mistakes.   but if you put #11 out there you have to like your chances since you know how he plays the game which is a full speed fearless hard hitting style .

Response to Re: Edlemen on Defense:
    Lets move Sterling Moore back to CB which is his natural posiiton and use Edelman as our FS next to Chung. I kind of like that combination..it allows Edelman to patrol the back a bit or come up for a big hit on someone. I think that would make best use of his physical abiliites and smarts. He can survey the QB and read him in part because he was one.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Sections
Shortcuts