Edwards to Jets a non impact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Edwards to Jets a non impact

Edwards has not been in the endzone yet this year. Non-event. We have played against real receivers like Mason, Owens, Ward etc this is no big deal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Re: Edwards to Jets a non impact

In Response to Edwards to Jets a non impact:
    [QUOTE]Edwards has not been in the endzone yet this year. Non-event. We have played against real receivers like Mason, Owens, Ward etc this is no big deal
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I guess this trade is indicative of the type of team and reputation the Jets want to build there. Bring ina guy that was involved in a street brawl outside a bar 48 hours earlier. way to go Rex! Agree, this will be a non factor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplaye. Show dplaye's posts

Braylon Edwards has talent. He also a was problem with Cleveland but two years ago he caught 80 passes and 16TD's . This could be a big boost to The Jets passing game. Lets hope it doesn't help them too much but it will help them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: Edwards to Jets a non impact:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Edwards to Jets a non impact : I guess this trade is indicative of the type of team and reputation the Jets want to build there. Bring ina guy that was involved in a street brawl outside a bar 48 hours earlier. way to go Rex! Agree, this will be a non factor
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]..give it a rest. Like the Patriots NEVER brought in anyone who didn't have a spotless reputation. You're comments are a joke

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

hes a me palyer that will be a cancer(hopefully) to that team...though plaxico was a pretty damn good reciever too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

[QUOTE]Braylon Edwards has talent. He also a was problem with Cleveland but two years ago he caught 80 passes and 16TD's . This could be a big boost to The Jets passing game. Lets hope it doesn't help them too much but it will help them.
    Posted by dplaye[/QUOTE]

We did play against Browns when Edwards had those numbers and were able to contain him. So I dont think Pats should lose sleep over him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

A punk like edwards will self-destruct in NYC. He'll be out in the clubs every night, with one pocket full of cash and a gun in the other. Only a matter of time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]A punk like edwards will self-destruct in NYC. He'll be out in the clubs every night, with one pocket full of cash and a gun in the other. Only a matter of time.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]...so what exactly has he done? Gotten into a fight in or outside a bar???? Oh heaven forfend. He's a disgusting human being that should not be worthy of consideration. Give me a break. As I said before, the Pats NEVER do something like that.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I prefer to take the position that anything an opponent does to improve their team should be taken seriously.  Edwards will upgrade their roster, unless you believe he isn't better than any other WR on the Jets currently.  I doubt that's the case.  I really doubt BB will go into our rematch with the Jets discarding Edwards.  In fact, that's probably why BB is so good.  At least that's one of the reasons.  He doesn't downplay any opponent.  I believe he is sincerely worried about every opponent we face, and that's why he prepares so hard.

Now if he read this board and believed everything he read, he would not even have his guys bother practicing.

I'm sure we'll deal with Edwards like we deal with every other receiver we face; take them seriously, plan how to contain him, and then do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1976. Show Leon1976's posts

I see the obsession with everything New York Sports is alive and well in beantown...again!

Don't the pats play the Bronco's this week?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

To the posters who are trashing this pick up for the Jets, would you be saying the same thing if our Patriots made a play for him to start opposite Moss?  I doubt it.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I actually agree with Leon. (I guess there is a first for everything.)
    Who cares? If you really believe he is a non factor then why start a thread about it??
    It clearly impacted you enough to post about it.

Personally, I think that Edwards is a dope who will be nothing but a distraction and I'm psyched that the Jets gave up Stokely. Stokely was a player. Now the Jets have the BE Show to contend with. Sanchez should be pissed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I actually agree with Leon. (I guess there is a first for everything.) Who cares? If you really believe he is a non factor then why start a thread about it?? It clearly impacted you enough to post about it. Personally, I think that Edwards is a dope who will be nothing but a distraction and I'm psyched that the Jets gave up Stokely. Stokely was a player. Now the Jets have the BE Show to contend with. Sanchez should be pissed.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

Chansi Stuckey was traded, not Stokely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think posters on here would be singing the same tune if NE had made a play for Edwards to fill the #2 receiver role opposite Moss.....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

We have Welker at the # 2. I'll take him over Edwards anyday just like any real Jet fan would.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edwards to Jets a non impact : We have Welker at the # 2. I'll take him over Edwards anyday just like any real Jet fan would.
    Posted by BXBoston[/QUOTE]

Welker is a slot guy and a good one, but he's not a #2 outside receiver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edwards to Jets a non impact : Chansi Stuckey was traded, not Stokely.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction. Brain cramp. That's why I shouldn't drink at work. Stuckey the third year pro from Clemson is the guy I meant.
    Thanks again. Stokely would have been a good pick up for thew Browns too but that's a different thread.
    Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edwards to Jets a non impact : Thanks for the correction. Brain cramp. That's why I shouldn't drink at work. Stuckey the third year pro from Clemson is the guy I meant. Thanks again. Stokely would have been a good pick up for thew Browns too but that's a different thread.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

Welcome.

I need to find a company that allows drinking at work haha.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1776. Show Leon1776's posts

I'd like to take a moment to welcome the newest member of the New York Jets...One Mr. Bralon Edwards!

Yeah-What a great pickup! Does Mangini want to get rid of anybody else?You guys thought week 2 was bad for the pats wait and see what happens next time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to take a moment to welcome the newest member of the New York Jets...One Mr. Bralon Edwards! Yeah-What a great pickup! Does Mangini want to get rid of anybody else?You guys thought week 2 was bad for the pats wait and see what happens next time!
    Posted by Leon1776[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna talk smack, atleast get the guys name right, say it with me know....BRAY...LON.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1776. Show Leon1776's posts

You say TO matoe I say Ta mato-I back my team when the chips are down you throw hissy fits and question BB and Brady.

Edwards what an awesome pick up for the Jets-They gave up the LB who was very good on special teams(not a gigantic loss) and I'm hearing Stuckey too.I'd rather have Edwards then Stuckey any day.
    Do you guys always obsess about other teams around the US or is it just New York teams?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]You say TO matoe I say Ta mato-I back my team when the chips are down you throw hissy fits and question BB and Brady. Edwards what an awesome pick up for the Jets-They gave up the LB who was very good on special teams(not a gigantic loss) and I'm hearing Stuckey too.I'd rather have Edwards then Stuckey any day. Do you guys always obsess about other teams around the US or is it just New York teams?
    Posted by Leon1776[/QUOTE]

We obsess about other teams yet you’re the guy posting on another teams site……yeah that makes sense…

Sections
Shortcuts