Eighteen Game Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Eighteen Game Schedule

The players should tell Godell & the owners to go pound sand.The issue should be non-negotiable based on player longevity and injuries. This a greed issue on the owners part. The product the fans get will be degraded and the price will go up. Just as in Baseball where the season is too long and many of the players couldn't make a AA team in the old days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Eighteen Game Schedule

I agree.

We already see teams decimated by injuries, and player careers are shockingly short with gruesome post-career side-effects (such as plyaer suicide from too much brain damage and too many concussions, Alzheimers, severe crippling arthritis)

I don't want to watch mostly backups in the playoffs - I want to watch the best players, many more of which will be too beat up after an 18-game season to compete in the postseason.

Mandate safer helmets, safer mouthpieces, and all pads, then think about increasing the length of the season if the safety gains offset each other.  Otherwise, all that player safety talk is just posturing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While I would love to see a longer season, there is just no way players are going to stay healthy.  Not with todays stronger, faster players.

I think cut a preseason game or two, add roster space and keep the number of games the same.  Of course this isn't going to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Bad idea.  Product will be diluted greatly due to injury come playoff time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Eighteen Game Schedule:
    [QUOTE]Bad idea.  Product will be diluted greatly due to injury come playoff time.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

i dont want to see more games personally, but the only  way i think it would work would be to lose two preseason games add one regular season game and add an extra bye week. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I honestly dont think the 18 game season is going too happen,if it does it wont be for a few more yrs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I agree....what are we talking about?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Bad idea.  Product will be diluted greatly due to injury come playoff time.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I agree

This is how the commish rationalizes it:

"A significant change would be to resolve fan complaints about preseason by modifying our 20-game format. Fans tell us they don't like the quality of the preseason games, and we're listening. An enhanced season of 18 regular season and two preseason games would not add a single game for the players collectively, but would give fans more meaningful, high-quality football."

He's nuts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I haven't found a single fan who thinks this is a good idea.  This particular issue is the only thing I don't like about Kraft as he's one of the greedy bastards pushing it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I never really thought too much about playing more actual games and fewer exhibitions until Goodell started trying to tell me that that is what i want, but every time a thread about this comes up, I'm gratified to see how many people are so concerned about the quality of play and the safety and long-term health of the players.

We should all be lobbying hard for contraction to a 24-team league -- so only the very best players are actually out there entertaining us -- and to go back to the 12-game season, so nobody gets hurt too bad.

Who's with me?

Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I'ms wit you Pmike lets get rid of the colts jest the colts sh!T haha the favre team of moment  REBEL YELLLLLLLLLLLL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]I never really thought too much about playing more actual games and fewer exhibitions until Goodell started trying to tell me that that is what i want, but every time a thread about this comes up, I'm gratified to see how many people are so concerned about the quality of play and the safety and long-term health of the players. We should all be lobbying hard for contraction to a 24-team league -- so only the very best players are actually out there entertaining us -- and to go back to the 12-game season, so nobody gets hurt too bad. Who's with me?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]Unless you are being sarcastic ,you are right,and if not.Case point, 100 teams fighting with little or no chance(WILL HAPPEN) or every game, team count. The less teams, games, the better the product,
    for the real fan.It just means fans have to cheer for a team not in there city.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Another dumb management idea. As others have said and fans seem to realize more than management is that with a 16 game schedule we see all too many serious injuries. If the NFL is serious about cutting down on injuries as they've supposedly shown by handing out fines for illegal hits, going to an 18 game schedule is contrary. Shows they are just greedy and makes me wonder how serious they can be about protecting players from serious injuries.

Hetchinspete.