Einsteins definition of insanity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Einsteins definition of insanity

"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Sound familiar?? Seems to me someone in charge may be suffering from this syndrome

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Einsteins definition of insanity

Sounds to me that some of the fans suffer from this as well....we need a better staff around Belichick but Bill Belichick is still the best coach in the history of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

funny you mention this.  i thought of this exact quote yesterday while watching the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Einsteins definition of insanity:
    [QUOTE]Sounds to me that some of the fans suffer from this as well....we need a better staff around Belichick but Bill Belichick is still the best coach in the history of the game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I realize that Belichick is not going anywhere..although I have my own opinions on that, however A change needs to be made whether BB wants to do it or not. The staff needs to go. If BB can't get it done than maybe Kraft needs to intervene. Things cannot remain the same

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

BB does need to change his staff.  Whether or not Kraft will intervene and how BB responds if he does will be interesting to see.  In the best case scenario, BB realizes this himself and takes action on his own.

How long can a team have the same system in place before it's no longer as effective?  Is there an expiration date on any good scheme?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what gets me is weiss is available,but he isnt on the pats front burner,and now he is saying he is intreasted in the bears job.from the season beginning to now anywhere from players to coaches were,or are available,and they are just ignoreing them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Einsteins definition of insanity:
    [QUOTE]"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Sound familiar?? Seems to me someone in charge may be suffering from this syndrome
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

Owebama?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]what gets me is weiss is available,but he isnt on the pats front burner,and now he is saying he is intreasted in the bears job.from the season beginning to now anywhere from players to coaches were,or are available,and they are just ignoreing them.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

You know what I think Moss; Even if they are interested in Weiss right now we won't know about it until after the season is over. I'm still holding out hope because the Patriots are the sneakiest organization in the league when it comes to that stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Einsteins definition of insanity : You know what I think Moss; Even if they are interested in Weiss right now we won't know about it until after the season is over. I'm still holding out hope because the Patriots are the sneakiest organization in the league when it comes to that stuff.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Very true.  The Pats are hardly about to bring in a new OC with 4 games remaining.  Doing anything publicly right now would hardly inspire O'Brian; not that he's inspired now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds to me that some of the fans suffer from this as well....we need a better staff around Belichick but Bill Belichick is still the best coach in the history of the game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I think calling Belichick "the best coach in the history of the game" is at least a symptom of insanity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Einsteins definition of insanity:
    [QUOTE]"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Sound familiar?? Seems to me someone in charge may be suffering from this syndrome
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I think at some point you have to recognize that your personnel may not be perfectly suited to your scheme.

I think they should pare down the defensive playbook and run schemes similar to the Chargers' 3-4 where it's a little more straightforward and the edge rushers aren't asked to do so many different things.  Then you could set Thomas and Banta-Cain loose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What are they doing different than when they won superbowls?

Seems like they're doing the same things, they're just not doing them very well.

Maybe they should try punting on 1st down, they haven't tried that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Einsteins definition of insanity : I think at some point you have to recognize that your personnel may not be perfectly suited to your scheme. I think they should pare down the defensive playbook and run schemes similar to the Chargers' 3-4 where it's a little more straightforward and the edge rushers aren't asked to do so many different things.  Then you could set Thomas and Banta-Cain loose.
    Posted by NickC1188

Nick....Finally the voice of wisdom and reason...I've been posting this all over the place. It's our DC that can't max the performance of this crew....  I've also posted that no matter what pass rusher we bring in, Pees will not max his performance with his dull schemes.

This is anecdotal, so bear with me but here is my "evidence" (plus or minus a few players):
    Crennel leaves == /> NE D suffers
    Spagnulu leaves == /> NYG D suffers
    N.O. picks up gregg williams == /> D improves
    GB pick up Capers == /> D improves
    Jests pick up Ryan === /> D improves
    Eagles lose Johnson === /> D suffers

My point is that for an overall no change in players, the DC can make a world of difference.
    I think a better coordinator can definitely help this D close out games without going in a soft prevent D...

Sections
Shortcuts