Elephant In the Room Topic on 98.5 Now

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Elephant In the Room Topic on 98.5 Now

The last and least significant problem on this team is the starting QB.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well, I feel a little better hearing this outside of this forum.

On this forum, if you criticize Brady even a tiny bit you're jumped on by a swarm of angry bees.

Sometimes I think you can be a bit irrational, long-winded and insulting in your posts but on this subject I don't totally disagree.

I just read that Dobson said that Brady is demanding and tough to play for.

Brady has to help develope these guys.  He has no choice this year.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Our QB wanting to raise the bar and be demanding is great.  The stuff the caller is talking about and what I've seen as well is Brady losing any attempt at trust way too fast in the relationship.  

I also think when Brady restructured, Brady thought it mean Welker was coming back. BB had other ideas, IMO.  Whether or not BB sat down and told Brady something about specific moves, who knows. But, I think there was  a talk at the end of this year between, probably the most uncomfortable one of their careers.

Again, if you're not Moss out jumping 2 guys who are 5 inches smaller than you or Welker out maneuvering a slower LB or nickerlback, you aren't in the club, so to speak. It's so obvious to me.

So, you say it's obvious to you.   In your mind is it obvious to BB?  Because you think BB is a genius, so I find it hard to believe that you'd think BB would miss this (if it exists).

On the one hand you claim BB has reeled in TB and letting WW walk was the "last straw".  But now it's 2013 and you make the claim that TB is still getting his way with WRs (e.g. Dobson). You are talking out of both sides of your mouth (again).  Your narrative is falling apart (again).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rusty, here's why your argument is fatally flawed. 

I'll guide you through it. 

1. You say Belichick is the best coach and GM of all time. 

2. Then you say, "Brady has been as spoiled as any QB in this league since 2010"

Let's assume for a moment you are correct. 

Then, if point 1 is true, point 2 can't happen. 

Got it? If Belichick is the coach you say he is, then if Brady is out of control or spoiled, that's on Belichick. Coaches have to exert control over their QBs, even benching them if necessary. 

I'll say this one time for you: THAT'S ON THE COACH.

So you now have a defeating cycle where you must either alter your first point or your second. 

You've trapped yourself. 

Aside from your maddening habit of assigning 100 percent of the blame pie to Brady, when anyone with common sense can see that it's a team loss where all are accountable, there's this: 

It used to be Brady was the guy you wanted in the postseason above all others. Perhaps now you can make an argument for about four or five guys who are as good or better than him, Perhaps. 

Then, some promising young QBs who haven't proven anything yet and a few like Matt Ryan who seem to come up short but may yet justify themselves as Flacco finally did. 

So fine, there are a handful of guys you'd maybe rather have in the postseason (I'd seriously consider Eli but not Peyton, compare their postseason won-loss record sometime). 

But, other than those handful of guys, you're not winning a Super Bowl without Brady or a few other guys. 

Generally it's the guy who is a bit more clutch and who has THE BETTER DEFENSE that comes out on top. 

Not hard to understand this. For most of us anyhow. For you it's impossoble. 

Once more, for the record: bashing Brady is problematic because most of the QBs in the NFL can't get you to the Super Bowl, period. 

We all understand your myopic and absolutist position you have repeated thousands of times with no further insight, so if you can spare us from scouring the Internet for some fool who agrees with you, that would be great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Even comparing Brady to Marino in this shows what a clueless cluck you are dumbkoff. Marino was legendary for crapping on receivers on the field every other play. You could count Brady's incidents of that ilk over his career on one hand and have fingers left over. You really are just a grasping at straws idiot.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What?  You think Brady would rather have an unknown in Dobson over Welker, one of his best friends hoping to make amends for terrible drops in playoff games lately?

How the hell do YOU know what Brady really wants? Another day, another thing just made up by the VI.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Our QB wanting to raise the bar and be demanding is great.  The stuff the caller is talking about and what I've seen as well is Brady losing any attempt at trust way too fast in the relationship.  

I also think when Brady restructured, Brady thought it mean Welker was coming back. BB had other ideas, IMO.  Whether or not BB sat down and told Brady something about specific moves, who knows. But, I think there was  a talk at the end of this year between, probably the most uncomfortable one of their careers.

Again, if you're not Moss out jumping 2 guys who are 5 inches smaller than you or Welker out maneuvering a slower LB or nickerlback, you aren't in the club, so to speak. It's so obvious to me.

So, you say it's obvious to you.   In your mind is it obvious to BB?  Because you think BB is a genius, so I find it hard to believe that you'd think BB would miss this (if it exists).

On the one hand you claim BB has reeled in TB and letting WW walk was the "last straw".  But now it's 2013 and you make the claim that TB is still getting his way with WRs (e.g. Dobson). You are talking out of both sides of your mouth (again).  Your narrative is falling apart (again).

What?  You think Brady would rather have an unknown in Dobson over Welker, one of his best friends hoping to make amends for terrible drops in playoff games lately?

How is that talking out of "both sides" of my mouth.

I don't think BB "missed" anything. I think he felt like they were one play away with it in SB 46.  But, clearly it's not quite good enough, so he saw it through (offered Welker to play here THROUGH 2012), and to take one more run with it in tow.

It didn't work well again. 13 points sucks. So, you can point to Gronk being out in these big games and that is fair, but at the end of the day, the concept should be to have MORE balance and quality, even if less explosive, so you aren't relying on those 1 or 2 guys.

So, yeah, I would have forced this issue a lot more in late 2011 and last year as well with Lloyd or wheover else at the X (Edelman).

Open the windows for Brady, that means hit both perimeters consistently and try to draw LBs to the line of scrimmage, which means less shotgun.

Yeah, I would say my analsysis and observations of what I saw back in early 2011 and how it's really why we lost SB 42, the playoff loss in 2010, SB 46, yeah, I would have put an emphasis on this earlier.

Yes.  I think it was a major flaw, one that perfect exection by our very talented players or a min of 2 turnvoers by our D, could hide.

But, I still think it was there. 

I don't know who you think you are joining our board very recently and mouthing off in my direction either. I've been on record with this here for YEARS. I could not believe they did in the 2010 postseason, but to see it crop up in Buffalo early in Week 3 in 2011, I was stunned.

People got all giddy in here when Brady that awful Denver D in 2011, but I was cringing on how he would play the next week vs Balt, because if he chased those stats vs Balt, we'd lose. We almost did.

A couple hundred words I'd guess, but no answer to my question.  Why is BB tolerating what you allege is occurring in 2013?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Well, I feel a little better hearing this outside of this forum.

On this forum, if you criticize Brady even a tiny bit you're jumped on by a swarm of angry bees.

Sometimes I think you can be a bit irrational, long-winded and insulting in your posts but on this subject I don't totally disagree.

I just read that Dobson said that Brady is demanding and tough to play for.

Brady has to help develope these guys.  He has no choice this year.  

Cheer up. Brady won't be letting you down much longer. There is light at the end of the tunnel for your suffering. Problem is, at the end of the tunnel is football hell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Rusty, here's why your argument is fatally flawed. 

I'll guide you through it. 

1. You say Belichick is the best coach and GM of all time. 

2. Then you say, "Brady has been as spoiled as any QB in this league since 2010"

Let's assume for a moment you are correct. 

Then, if point 1 is true, point 2 can't happen. 

Got it?

Of course he doesn't get it. He never has; he never will.

I'll tell you what will happen though. A year or two after Brady retires and we are mired in mediocrity he will act like he didn't trash Brady in nearly every post for years here. That, you can count on because dumbkoff is a liar and a phoney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You called me "dumbkoff" and "idiot" which is namecalling. Will the mods show consistency? Will others come in and scold for initiating said namecalling?

I was being nice dumbkoff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

To expect Brady to have All World WRs, TEs and RBs is absolutely irrational and ridiculous.  Brady has as good a talent group around him with a top 5 O Line (every year), so not it's time for Tom. It really is.

Seriously, is it too much to ask for at least one?  The only "World Class" WR, TE, RB he has this year is Gronk and we don't know when he will be playing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey, Babe, is BB still an "average" GM? bawhaha

Apparently he isn't even that. Even an average GM would have gotten rid of a locker room cancer that runs the shotgun in defiance of the HC. LMAO@U

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

How is that talking out of "both sides" of my mouth.

I don't think BB "missed" anything. I think he felt like they were one play away with it in SB 46.  But, clearly it's not quite good enough, so he saw it through (offered Welker to play here THROUGH 2012), and to take one more run with it in tow.

It didn't work well again. 13 points sucks. So, you can point to Gronk being out in these big games and that is fair, but at the end of the day, the concept should be to have MORE balance and quality, even if less explosive, so you aren't relying on those 1 or 2 guys.

So, yeah, I would have forced this issue a lot more in late 2011 and last year as well with Lloyd or wheover else at the X (Edelman).

Open the windows for Brady, that means hit both perimeters consistently and try to draw LBs to the line of scrimmage, which means less shotgun.

Yeah, I would say my analsysis and observations of what I saw back in early 2011 and how it's really why we lost SB 42, the playoff loss in 2010, SB 46, yeah, I would have put an emphasis on this earlier.

Yes.  I think it was a major flaw, one that perfect exection by our very talented players or a min of 2 turnvoers by our D, could hide.

But, I still think it was there. 

I don't know who you think you are joining our board very recently and mouthing off in my direction either. I've been on record with this here for YEARS. I could not believe they did in the 2010 postseason, but to see it crop up in Buffalo early in Week 3 in 2011, I was stunned.

People got all giddy in here when Brady that awful Denver D in 2011, but I was cringing on how he would play the next week vs Balt, because if he chased those stats vs Balt, we'd lose. We almost did.

A couple hundred words I'd guess, but no answer to my question.  Why is BB tolerating what you allege is occurring in 2013?

Hey Mr Arrogant, also featuring HORRENDOUS READING COMPREHENSION which is a parallel with all trolls:

I allege what is occurring in 2013?

Do you the ability to make sense today, or is that you're way out of your league on the concepts of this topic? lol

Wow.   You claim a 152 IQ?   Does somebody dress you and cut your food for you? 

Let's try again ... If Brady is wrongly showing up WRs and refusing to throw to WRs he doesn't trust (though they have skills) why is BB allowing this to continue for one more day?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I didn't compare Brady to Marino. The caller compared an aging Marino with new WRs constantly showing them up, hands on hips, staring them down as his play faded in shotgun spreads.

"Not trying to start a fight, just prove that other fans agree with me.....

The fan said things like "Brady doesn't need to be staring down young WRs and showing them up", etc.  The fan said the young WRs become paranoid to make a mistake.....

The fan referenced Marino doing it...."

So you claim this fan agrees with you. Then point out how he likens Brady to Marino. And when I nail you on that you get all phoney and claim the fan said that not you. LMAO

Serious question: Do you have an honest bone in your body?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes. I think BB has had it with Brady screwing up with adudibles or not executing, and playing favorites in camp, during a season, etc, where it hurts our team later on. Yes. That is my opinion and now troll can change my assessment on this topic.

Other than Rally, I can't recall a single person who shares your opinion.

You are a pariah troll on this board. As bad as they come. Obsessed beyond all reason. Face it dumbkoff, you suck.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You claimed I was comparing the careers of Brady and Marino. Brady>Marino.  The caller wasn't, I wasn't.

Serious question: Do you think your reading comprehension and man lust for Brady combine forces to help you troll better?

lol

Oh really? I said this:

]

"Even comparing Brady to Marino in this shows what a clueless cluck you are dumbkoff. Marino was legendary for crapping on receivers on the field every other play. You could count Brady's incidents of that ilk over his career on one hand and have fingers left over."

I don't see me comparing their careers there dumbkoff. I see me simply saying Marino was legend for crapping on receivers and Brady has done it very little.

I think you're the one who has severe reading comprehension issues. Or rather, it's more likely simply a matter of a lack of honesty on your part.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's why NEVER see players trades during the season.

The NFL trades player for player very rarely at any time.

And as far as trades during the season, BB just traded for Talib in the middle of last season.

Do us all a favor; stop posting. It's just too painful to see you making a fool of yourself on nearly every post.

I think the mods have banned you 25+ times out of mercy - for you and the rest of us. LMAO@U

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I think your second question should go towards Babe.

Just because I am way ahead of you on this, you don't read what I write, etc., it doesn't mean I am "talking out of both sides of my mouth".

You can just fix an offense or a defense in this league like you flip a switch. It's why NEVER see players trades during the season. Dropping Welker in 2012 by tagging and trading him would have created an outrage both with Brady and the fans.

Hell I was on here after 2010 saying to deal Welker and Woodhead to JAx for MJ Drew. Anything to force Brady more so under Center to hand it off. Anything!  BB got him two rookie RBs instead. Ok, at least he's addressing it. But, I felt a known player like MJ Drew, similar to Dillon, would have forced Brady to hand it off. We wouldn't have seen 40+ passes with MJ Drew here and we probably have a SB here in 2011. So, I have plenty of solutions that may not be EXACTLY what BB does, but guess what he does it!

I said TEs after 2009.  I was suggesting Olsen or Owen Daniels. BB got Gronk and a bonus in Hern.   So, clearly I do have the ability to see what is wrong with our team.

It appears you don't get my premise.  That's on you. Slow down and read so you can comprehend. I've seen every excuse in the book for Brady for 5 years. Pedestrian QB play or crap QB play at times ain't getting us a SB.

BB gave Brady all he asked for after every offseason when Brady felt he needed more. 

Why does he keep catering to TB if he is such a team problem?

I've talked about 2006 and him losing Branch and his being pissed. He should have been ticked. What did do? Moss and Welker?

2010? Gronk, Hern, Branch....What did Brady do in the postseason game?

2011? RIdley, Vereen, BJGE, Woodhead...What did Brady do? Was he paid off to try to throw that AFC title game?  Hm? That is how AWFUL he was. 0 TDs 2 INTs.  BJGE benched at halftime with 8 carries and 50 yards.  Brady want to throw more in the second half with a lead. We almost lost becuase of that decision.

Gomer runs his offense, Brady runs his.  Turn on NFLN and listen to these analysts. They know it, I know it, and just because you won't admit it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This goes back 2007!  They crapped their pants in the 2007 AFC title game and SB 42. Crapped em. Crappped em good. Rolled in it. RIght down his leg and Moss's, Welker's, etc.  THis is not on BB.

BB wanting to make his QB comfortable based on his wants or preferences is now BB's fault? Why? I would do the same thing. Any good coach would!   Guess what? It didn't work!  It's why BB only offered Welkie a 2 year extension through 2013. FEAR it was over.

So far, we've got Salcon agreeing with me on this topic, so be sure to attack him, too.  Funny when I prove other fans out there, it compromises your chances of cornering me here, because it shows I am right.

When I am right, it droves trolls beserk.

My Polish is not very good.  Can you translate "it droves trolls beserk".

Why is BB allowing TB to disrespect Dobson right now?   This has nothing to do with audibles at the LOS.  Why does BB allow TB to show up any receiver if it's so egregious?  Why must a receiver be in TB's circle of trust to merit a target?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Face it, old man with no life and anger issues:

Some things are constant. When dumbkoff gets taken to the woodshed for spinning outrageous BS he resorts to age or job attacks.

You suck. I don't know ANYONE who has such an unhealthy man lust for an athlete that they try to change facts and history.

See above. When you can't argue your way out of ridiculous lies, say they have an unhealthy man lust.

Salcon just agreed with me. Scroll back up.  It's a minority opinion because some of our fans are stupid and apparently totally enamored with Tom Brady and a ridiculous homer fan.

No he didn't. He said: "Sometimes I think you can be a bit irrational, long-winded and insulting in your posts but on this subject I don't totally disagree." Not "totally disagreeing" isn't the same thing as "agreeing" dumbkoff. And implying his comments specific to this one issue as agreeing with your entire insane agenda is well, just you being the liar you are.

Many actually agree with me here, they just don't bother getting into these threads, because you, other trolls like Bustchise, etc, all share the same agendas:

I know of nobody here who agrees with your insane agenda. Maybe one of your fake accounts does.

You don't like BB, so you put all of the accountability with him and hold zero of it at Brady's feet, yet we're 5 postseason past Brady not realizing he can't ignore a run game and just focus on two passing options.

I like BB just fine. Best HC in the game. But the4 team he has put around Brady is a shadow of its former self. And again, BB is the HC. If he wanted more running there would be more running dum bass.

The only one to blame is Tom Brady.  He's the guy. He's the QB. He's the supposed GOAT.

Brady can't overcome a poor defense. He has given them the lead in 2 SBs and they couldn't get the stiop.

No more Welkie. BB also dealt Moss MID SEASON to slap Brady.  How did that work out? Pretty reat I'd say because it transformed Brady into a FAR, FAR better QB than what he was the 1st 4 weeks of 2010.

^^^ Nutjob making things up again.

It forced him to "trust" Gronk and Hern and we ran more. The same needs to happen now and it will.

You lose.

Our increase in running balance was negligible. I win. Just like I always do. Another day, another bludgeoning of the VI.

Sections
Shortcuts