Elephant In the Room Topic on 98.5 Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Elephant In the Room Topic on 98.5 Now

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Speak English. How is Brady disrespecting a rookie in camp?  Have you been drinking stupid juice?

How do you know BB doesn't speak to Brady in private about it? Bill O'Brien tried to ask Brady on the sidelines why the threw a bad ball late to UNderwood vs the SKins in 2011, remember that??!

Did you see Brady's reaction. Brady is never wrong. That throw was late AND had too much air under it, so it floated and the DB ran under it. No 6 points, no 3 points. An Int.

And it MAY VERY well have been because Brady saw it was Underwood and thought twice about it due to Underwood not being a star player. He should have just seen he was WIDE OPEN and threw a seed.

He didn't. So, I have evidence that O'Brien wanted answers and Brady himself showed up a coach after Brady could not admit blame for a poor decision or throw.

CASE CLOSED

NEXT QUESTION, hotshot.

If BB is speaking to TB in private about these "Elephant in the Room" problems that you've imagined I can only conclude that the private chat is not working.   Why do I say this? Because the problems you've imagined continue to occur.

So, it appears BB needs to work on a more forceful delivery of his message, or he needs to get rid of this miscreant (TB), or, perhaps, there is no elephant in the room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't need to imagine. I know for a fact Brady was not happy post 2006 and BB responded with a Moss and Welker move.

Yeah yeah yeah dumbkoff, we were all unhappy that BB's moves to fix the mess Branchs' back stab left us in didn't work. BB's hoped solutions of the bust Chad Jackson and trading for Gabriel were entirely inadequate. That left us with the rejects Caldwell and Gaffney along with an very old Troy Brown at WR. So BB went out and got some real WRs the next year.

How your imagination regarding these facts translates this into some Brady conspiracy theory to undermine BB and run the shotgun spread with his "security blankets" is a complete mystery to all the sane among us. You are a world class dum bass, and dishonest to the extreme.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I am sure if Brady trows 3 INTs in the AFC title game again, you and your merry band  of BBWs will come in here again and somehow act like Brady isn't responsible for those INTs.

Unlike a stooge such as yourself most of us understand Brady has the occasional crappy game, yet we also look at the crappy play around him and call that out as well. And that crappy play around him happens much more often than he plays badly. Sometimes he is just forced to put it up there because nobody else is doing anything.

The simple fact is, you never criticize anybody but Brady, and that makes you an  imbecile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So one guy calls up on 98.5 and you start a thread on it? Interesting. So what if he stares down receivers? He just wants them to stop screwing up, pretty simple. Would you rather have some guy who doesn't have the stones to play in the NFL? There are plenty of them out there, trust me.

Brady is ultra competitive, he's been like that his entire career. This is a guy who used to get into Rodney Harrison's face regularly during practice. I think he helps things. I think you need people like that on the team...people who don't accept mediocrity. You want a guy who accepts mediocrity? Have Mayo play quarterback - he will laugh and smile all day as receivers drop ball, after ball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, I feel a little better hearing this outside of this forum.

On this forum, if you criticize Brady even a tiny bit you're jumped on by a swarm of angry bees.

Sometimes I think you can be a bit irrational, long-winded and insulting in your posts but on this subject I don't totally disagree.

I just read that Dobson said that Brady is demanding and tough to play for.

Brady has to help develope these guys.  He has no choice this year.  

Cheer up. Brady won't be letting you down much longer. There is light at the end of the tunnel for your suffering. Problem is, at the end of the tunnel is football hell.

[/QUOTE]

Not football hell for me.  I'll still be a Pat's fan no matter who's behind center.

That's just how I roll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I am sure if Brady trows 3 INTs in the AFC title game again, you and your merry band  of BBWs will come in here again and somehow act like Brady isn't responsible for those INTs.

Unlike a stooge such as yourself most of us understand Brady has the occasional crappy game, yet we also look at the crappy play around him and call that out as well. And that crappy play around him happens much more often than he plays badly. Sometimes he is just forced to put it up there because nobody else is doing anything.

The simple fact is, you never criticize anybody but Brady, and that makes you an  imbecile.

False. I just talked about Ridley in another thread needing to improve in some areas.

[/QUOTE]

But you're not blaming the fall of Western Civilization on him, are you dumbkoff?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

On this forum, if you criticize Brady even a tiny bit you're jumped on by a swarm of angry bees.

Sometimes I think you can be a bit irrational, long-winded and insulting in your posts but on this subject I don't totally disagree.

Cheer up. Brady won't be letting you down much longer. There is light at the end of the tunnel for your suffering. Problem is, at the end of the tunnel is football hell.

Not football hell for me.  I'll still be a Pat's fan no matter who's behind center.

That's just how I roll.

Babe won't. He'll go back to being a Giants fan like he was pre 2002.  He hitched himself to our bandwagon.

Not a real fan.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a moron. I was a fan long before the mistake that is you came into this world dumbkoff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's just how I roll.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you wouldn't be a fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This whole "you are not as good as me, I am Brady the GOAT" vibe he gives off needs to change.

I haven't noticed any such vibe dumbkoff. What's this, the tenth thing you've made up today?

Get help. You are mentally disturbed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm certainly not reading all of the garbage.  I'll just say this:

People who call sports talk shows are generally complete morons.  It's no surprise they agree with you-know-who.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wasn't it just yesterday that you said you never listen to 98.5. I called you out that you always mention what Mazz and Felger are saying on air, and you respond that you never listen to the show. Yet here you are again, saying you are listening to the show. 

You are a liar, with a sickness of denial of calling others liar

I have mentioned it before, seek help. You have major issues

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

3 pages devoted to the least significant issue on the team... TB will make work whatever they give him to use.

We should be worrying about who besides Jones is going to supply the edge rush an if our secondary is going to progress and build off the end of last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

SO stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

SO stupid.

[/QUOTE]

At one point, people need to stop quoting one another lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, you editing people's names in and out an cutting and pasting to entertain yourself is really the sign of an intelligent person, Handy.

Send an email to the moderators and ask why it's 2013 and they use board formatting like this.

How about you do that. Then, you can report back to the board what the lovely reason is as to why the board used to be just fine until only recently.

It takes two seconds to edit the quotebox.  It makes reading much easier for everyone.  You spend a lot of time typing your thoughts.  Wouldn't you prefer people actually read them, instead of skipping over because they don't want to scroll down six pages to find what you're even saying?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why did they change the formatting of these boards to make it worse for the users? Why are you asking me to be responsible for the people who run this board?

They can't even moderate correctly.

You do realize, that the majority of why this happens is because the trolls all swarm at once, right?

Note the thread title, my first post in it, and then look as to why it becomes derailed. I refuse to be blamed for disingenuous homer fans using this board for selfish reasons.

That's really the root cause of why the board becomes congested.

You just show up a day later, not contributing in the thread. Say, how is Jordan Caron looking these days?  Do you think he'll be propped up as an actual NHL player next year, too?  lol

What does any of that have to do with you failing to edit the quotebox?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Didn't read most of the posts above, but saw a few people complaining about Brady not "developing" receivers.  Please guys!  Do you forget that Gronk and Hernandez were rookies too--who began contributing pretty much right away.  Did Brady have trouble "developing" those guys?  Of course not.  You know why:  because they were good football players.  The only people Brady has trouble "developing" are guys who no one can develop because, quite simply, they s*ck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Because it's the real root of what it is you're complaining about here.  You aren't very bright, are you?

No wonder why you are in the camp that blames BB for Brady's poor throws or decisions. You don't really get what the root cause of a problem is.

There are things we can change, and there are things we cannot.  We're not going to be able to fix the formatting, so taking a few extra seconds to edit the quotebox is the solution.  Not only does it make the threads easier to read, it also makes your posts more likely to be read.

It has nothing to do with trolls, mods, Belichick or Brady.  It has to do with...you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I think the one thing we all can agree on as Pats fans is this: the Pats changed their offensive philosophy, DRAMATICALLY, after the massive officiating heist that was the 2006 AFC title game in the Polian Dome.

Belichick clearly got the message after that game. Even though the "re-emphasis" of the five-yard chuck rule that had been rammed through the Competition Committe by a cabal of anti-Patriots forces--Polian had help from Martz, Fisher, and others--in 2004 had been in effect for three full seasons at that point, that game drove the point home into BB's brain with great clarity. The NFL was becoming a league that would cater to the Polian/Manning philosophy, and New England had better get with the program or get left behind.

I personally think BB overreacted a little to that loss, and went too far in the other direction--for a few years there, the Pats practically were a carbon-copy of the Colts, relying too much on the shotgun, fast-paced offense and less defense to win games, etc.

Heck, it almost worked. They fell a couple of bad breaks, bounces and/or injuries (however you want to look at it) short of winning a pair of Super Bowls between 2007 and 2011.

I think what we've been seeing in the NFL lately, however, is that, as usual, defenses have begun to figure out how to slow down these wide-open passing offenses (not shut them down, but at least slow them down), even within the restrictive confines of The Polian Rules. As a result, we're seeing teams run the ball a bit more now, not to mention the fact that we're seeing a few teams actually go with running QBs who also happen to be able to throw the football effectively (Griffin, Wilson, Kaepernick, etc.)

Personally, I'd love to see the Pats get back to playing offense more like they played it when Weis was the OC, because their balance was very hard for defenses to deal with back then. It was described in some circles as a "death by a thousand paper cuts" offensive approach back then, but it was effective.

But again, I think the bottom line here is that had the NFL not allowed the Polian Cabal to dramatically change the way the game was played defensively--a change aimed directly at one team and one team only--the Pats probably wouldn't have altered their offensive philosophy all that much, because what they were doing prior to 2007 was working quite well. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Others also are not focused on doing it, so it's not just me. Besides the "quote" word itself sometimes isn't available on the board when you do go to edit out all the previous names. It just up and disappears.  It's just beyond ridiculous to expect people to be constantly formatting on a messageboard in 2013.

It's why you see some quote and respond and their response isn't at the bottom, it's actually way up near the top, out of order and hard to find.

It doesn't disappear.  That just simply doesn't happen.

You have answered my question, however.  You don't do it because you don't understand how to do it.  I'm sure you'd like to have your posts look better and have them read more often, but you just can't figure out where the quotebox begins, where it ends and how to highlight and delete...in 2013.

I'll stop bothering you about it.  I figured it was that you were lazy or ignorant.  It turns out you just aren't smart enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In response to hardright's comment:

I think the one thing we all can agree on as Pats fans is this: the Pats changed their offensive philosophy, DRAMATICALLY, after the massive officiating heist that was the 2006 AFC title game in the Polian Dome.

Belichick clearly got the message after that game. Even though the "re-emphasis" of the five-yard chuck rule that had been rammed through the Competition Committe by a cabal of anti-Patriots forces--Polian had help from Martz, Fisher, and others--in 2004 had been in effect for three full seasons at that point, that game drove the point home into BB's brain with great clarity. The NFL was becoming a league that would cater to the Polian/Manning philosophy, and New England had better get with the program or get left behind.

I personally think BB overreacted a little to that loss, and went too far in the other direction--for a few years there, the Pats practically were a carbon-copy of the Colts, relying too much on the shotgun, fast-paced offense and less defense to win games, etc.

Heck, it almost worked. They fell a couple of bad breaks, bounces and/or injuries (however you want to look at it) from winning a pair of Super Bowls between 2007 and 2011.

I think what we've been seeing in the NFL lately, however, is that, as usual, defenses have begun to figure out how to slow down these wide-open passing offenses (not shut them down, but at least slow them down), even within the restrictive confines of The Polian Rules. As a result, we're seeing teams run the ball a bit more now, not to mention the fact that we're seeing a few teams actually go with running QBs who also happen to be able to throw the football effectively (Griffin, Wilson, Kaepernick, etc.)

Personally, I'd love to see the Pats get back to playing offense more like they played it when Weis was the OC, because their balance was very hard for defenses to deal with back then. It was described in some circles as a "death by a thousand paper cuts" offensive approach back then, but it was effective.

But again, I think the bottom line here is that had the NFL not allowed the Polian Cabal to dramatically change the way the game was played defensively--a change aimed directly at one team and one team only--the Pats probably wouldn't have altered their offensive philosophy all that much, because what they were doing prior to 2007 was working quite well. 

Dude, where have you been? I feel like I've been fighting the battle on my own for a while now.

Great post and great to see you back.

There's generally too much negativity and trolling in Internet Land for me, so I usually just "lurk" and occasionally post something if the whim strikes me.

The negativity already surrounding this year's Pats, from the anti-organization media and the fans who listen to them, has already almost sent me over the edge.

I never worry about Brady having enough "weapons"--WRs in particular--because WR is the most overvalued position in all of sports, not just football.

This season, to me, boils down to one thing: does the defense finally make "the leap" from competent, which it's been for the past couple years, to good or even very good? The talent is there now IMO--the Talib trade really solidified things last season and I believe if he'd not been injured in the AFCCG, the result would have been different. They've also made some interesting additions to the D this offseason, with Wilson, Armstead, et al. Plus, the "kids" they've drafted over the past few seasons are veterans now, and should start to come into their own.

I really believe this is the year that the defense takes that big leap forward, but I could just be a hopelessly optimistic homer, too.

We shall see.

But I don't worry about "weapons"--that's for the fantasy football obsessives and the media talking heads.

Seriously, how many "big plays" did the 90s Cowboys pull off during a season? Not many--the occasional Irvin or Alvin Harper deep post (though Irvin did much of his work over the middle and at the sidelines, not deep downfield). But, really, that offense was Smith, Smith, then Aikman to Novacek or Irvin on 3rd and 3 to keep the chains moving.

If the Pats' offense can replicate that, and the defense can step up, they'll be just fine.

And, by the way, this talk about Miami challenging them in the AFC East this year cracks me up. $13M per year for Mike Wallace? Seriously? Tannehill was a "reach" in the first round last year, too, and hardly looked like a franchise QB in the making in Year 1 (though his wife definitely is first round fantasy draft material). Miami will be what they always are: tough enough to make you sweat a few games, but ultimately a .500 team, maybe 9-7.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For me it all comes down to developing the WRs Brady has. I'm fine with Amendola and Gronk (once he is healthy and remains that way). Ballard will be a beast in the running game blocking alongside Solder (who is a beast when he gets to next level and hammers LBs). IMHO Vereen is the wild card; could line him up out of the backfield or as WR (slot or out wide....he seems to have the speed and elusiveness for both). Scat back etc...IMHO McDaniels could rely more on the running game early on while Brady develops a rapport/timing with his new WRs and he has the backs (Ridley, Vereen, Blount) to do this. How awesome would the offense be if Ridley+Blount= Dillion and Vereen+Bolden= Faulk? Could mean the Pats start winning TOP games against good competition while developing their receivers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Didn't read most of the posts above, but saw a few people complaining about Brady not "developing" receivers.  Please guys!  Do you forget that Gronk and Hernandez were rookies too--who began contributing pretty much right away.  Did Brady have trouble "developing" those guys?  Of course not.  You know why:  because they were good football players.  The only people Brady has trouble "developing" are guys who no one can develop because, quite simply, they s*ck.

The reports I've read so far about Amendola and Dobson have been pretty good as far as getting on the same page with Brady is concerned but it's early and there are so many new guys that he is trying to develop a rapport with.  

It will get real interesting as camp continues and to see who finally emerges from the group.

These guys need to learn quick because Brady is very demanding.  If you're not where he expects you to be as a receiver he will lose trust and that guy will rarely see a ball thrown his way again.