Eli can't throw deep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Eli can't throw deep

OMG he just underthrew Nicks on a deep pass in the endzone and was almost picked off.  He sure sux and can't throw it further than 10 yards.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Eli can't throw deep

Yes, that pass to Manningham was a quailing duck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

I think mighty was being sarcastic...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Brees just overthrew his receiver out of bounds on a deep route.  OMG he has no accuracy beyond 10 yards.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

OMG Stafford was way off on a deep pass and got intercepted.  He totally sux at the deep ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

OMG Stafford was way off on a deep pass and got intercepted.  He totally sux at the deep ball.

[/QUOTE]

can u please stop rusty its not funny

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh yeah now i can see his point-i am so used to the eli putdowns here i took it wrong

sorry mighty i misjudged

[/QUOTE]

Just so you know...every time you rip somebody for taking a shot at the Gi Aint's...this little theme song from my childhood pops in m head:

Mr. Trouble never hangs around

When he hears this mighty sound

Here I come to save the day.

Just saying Jints

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh yeah now i can see his point-i am so used to the eli putdowns here i took it wrong

sorry mighty i misjudged

[/QUOTE]

Just so you know...every time you rip somebody for taking a shot at the Gi Aint's...this little theme song from my childhood pops in m head:

Just saying Jints

[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

[/QUOTE]

The Mighty Mouse theme song pops in my head. Get it? Like if I or another member on this forum were to say "Eli is the luckiest QB in the history of the NFL and that fluke throw to David Tyree should have never counted as a legit play due to the 4 penalties the Gi Aint's O-line should have been flagged for"...Then you come back with your "Eli-2 Tom-0"response...I'm hearing the Mighty Mouse theme song as I read those responses. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry mighty i misjudged

[/QUOTE]

Just saying Jints

[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

[/QUOTE]

The Mighty Mouse theme song pops in my head. Get it? Like if I or another member on this forum were to say "Eli is the luckiest QB in the history of the NFL and that fluke throw to David Tyree should have never counted as a legit play due to the 4 penalties the Gi Aint's O-line should have been flagged for"...Then you come back with your "Eli-2 Tom-0"response...I'm hearing the Mighty Mouse theme song as I read those responses. 

[/QUOTE]

now I see the connection! MM was a hero and Eli is a hero

I agree wholeheartedly

[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yeah okay O'Reilly...thats exactly what I meant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm pretty sure Mighty was displaying some nice sarcasm aimed at some of the people here (myself included) that don't really think Brady is a good deep ball passer.  I hear you Mighty, but I still cross my fingers and do an ancient Indian "Do Not Intercept" dance whenever I see Brady throw deep.  No QB I'd rather have, I just don't think that's his strength.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]

who is his deep threat?

I am not defending or criticizing because I don't see enough of him week to week but I never see the Pats throw deep much and haven't since Moss left 3 years ago-let's say he had a Cruz would he throw deep more?

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if he had a good deep threat. With the exception of 2007, Moss is a bad example.  A lot of us here were scared to see a deep pass to Moss.  It seemed as if 50% of the deep balls to Moss we caught by the defender.  Surely I exaggerate....a little.

[EDIT] I did find some stats that dispute my beliefs.  In 2011 he was 12th in the NFL for completion % on the deep pass and had one of the best rates of being intercepted on the deep pass.  However, he also threw among the fewest deep attemps.  That was no doubt due to the lack of a deep threat.  Stats say he isn't one of the top deep passers in the NFL, but he isn't bad either.  He just above middle of the pack.  I'll reiterate that there isn't another QB I'd rather have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Brady's great but I agree in that the deep pass isn't his game. Brady's smart, probably the smartest guy out there playing QB. he isn't fooled much, does his homework, and quick to find the  open man. His biggest strength IMO is how he limits the turnovers. Nearly every year he's at the top for least interceptions thrown, many of them have been on long attempts. He moves the offense like a machine without the deep pass and it's very rare that he's even hit on one, they seem to just miss. Like I said though, I'll take Brady just the way he is now, he's the man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Elly throws like a little girl, but it's better to lucky than good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brady can't throw deep.  Remember when Randy Moss played on all those other teams and was great.  Then he came here and had the worst season ever for a receiver. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady can't throw deep.  Remember when Randy Moss played on all those other teams and was great.  Then he came here and had the worst season ever for a receiver. 

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, 2007 was a fluke for the deep ball.  In 2009, 8 of Brady's 13 ints were on passes to Moss.  At the time Moss was traded in 2010, both of Brady's ints were on passes to Moss.  I think that's why many of us here cringed whenever Brady would throw deep to Moss.  It worked out well for one year.  Stats show Brady to be slightly better than average on deep throws.  Saw one article that had him in the top 10.  It's obviously not as bad as I thought.  Maybe seeing him work the short game so well sets unrealistic expections for the deep game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, 2007 was a fluke for the deep ball.  In 2009, 8 of Brady's 13 ints were on passes to Moss.  At the time Moss was traded in 2010, both of Brady's ints were on passes to Moss.  I think that's why many of us here cringed whenever Brady would throw deep to Moss.  It worked out well for one year.  Stats show Brady to be slightly better than average on deep throws.  Saw one article that had him in the top 10.  It's obviously not as bad as I thought.  Maybe seeing him work the short game so well sets unrealistic expections for the deep game.

[/QUOTE]

True, if you don't count the greatest season any QB has ever had at passing the deep ball then Brady isn't very good.  Also, not counting the playoff games Vinatieri can't make clutch kicks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

who is his deep threat?

[/QUOTE]

Matthew Slater?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

True, if you don't count the greatest season any QB has ever had at passing the deep ball then Brady isn't very good.  Also, not counting the playoff games Vinatieri can't make clutch kicks.

[/QUOTE]

You have to ignore the only time he ever had a deep threat ... the true test of a deep ball passer is throwing it up for the likes of Reche Caldwell and Deion Branch.  Oh and 2009 totally proves that Brady sux at the deep ball ... it's not like Moss had regressed into a pouty little girl on a team of cancerous ingrates doing their best impersonation of the so-called fans on this board.

And above all, when looking at completion %s on the deep ball, ignore the quality of the opposing defense.  It is totally irrelevant.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What year was it again that he came back after knee surgery?  These tpon strings have no problem making excuses for the likes of Ellis Hobbs, Mary, Chung, Branch, Laura.......ect but the greatest QB ever they have no problem bashing.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh you didn't just use a wife tactic on me?  This is like when I criticise one item on my plate for one dinner and hear "if you think I'm a bad cook you can cook yourself." lol

First of all, I admitted that the stats indicate I'm off base.  Brady is not a bad deep passer.  He's not the best.  He's not one of the best.  He is in the upper echelon though.  I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong when I see evidence to the contrary.

I'm not as high on the 2007 season as most.  When I look back at 2007 I see two teams.  I see the Patriots up until the Eagle's game, and then the team from the Eagle's game onward.  If you ask me what was Brady's best year as QB I'll tell you 2006.

Sections
Shortcuts